Two My Documents Folders

Help! HD died.

Bad days!. While reinstalling software to my new hard drive some how I
ended up with 2 My Documents folders. I think I got the 2d by renaming
the original MY Documents folder and then Windows recreated it again.
I've never like the My Documents folder in the first place. So now I
have 2 and can't get rid of either one.

One other question, I had small program that maximized new windows
automatically. Any one familiar with such a program?

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Walt

Windows ME
2 answers Last reply
More about documents folders

    I suspect that you attempted to "move" the My documents folder by creating a
    new one named 'My Documents' somewhere else, and then copied the existing
    data across??

    The correct way to move it is to use the GUI tool - r-click on th screen
    icon, and select Properties|Target.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote in message
    > Help! HD died.
    >
    > Bad days!. While reinstalling software to my new hard drive some how I
    > ended up with 2 My Documents folders. I think I got the 2d by renaming
    > the original MY Documents folder and then Windows recreated it again.
    > I've never like the My Documents folder in the first place. So now I
    > have 2 and can't get rid of either one.
    >
    > One other question, I had small program that maximized new windows
    > automatically. Any one familiar with such a program?
    >
    > Any help will be greately appreciated.
    >
    > Walt
    >
    > Windows ME

    Thank you Noel. You're right that's exactly what I did. I did manage
    to get rid of it, don't know how, it just went away. Thanks gvery
    much.

    Walt

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:11:46 +0100, "Noel Paton"
    <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >I suspect that you attempted to "move" the My documents folder by creating a
    >new one named 'My Documents' somewhere else, and then copied the existing
    >data across??
    >
    >The correct way to move it is to use the GUI tool - r-click on th screen
    >icon, and select Properties|Target.

My Documents Microsoft Hard Drives Windows