Two My Documents Folders

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 8, 2005 12:52:30 PM

Help! HD died.

Bad days!. While reinstalling software to my new hard drive some how I
ended up with 2 My Documents folders. I think I got the 2d by renaming
the original MY Documents folder and then Windows recreated it again.
I've never like the My Documents folder in the first place. So now I
have 2 and can't get rid of either one.

One other question, I had small program that maximized new windows
automatically. Any one familiar with such a program?

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Walt

Windows ME

More about : documents folders

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:11:46 PM

I suspect that you attempted to "move" the My documents folder by creating a
new one named 'My Documents' somewhere else, and then copied the existing
data across??

The correct way to move it is to use the GUI tool - r-click on th screen
icon, and select Properties|Target.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

<skeeter@tritel.net> wrote in message
> Help! HD died.
>
> Bad days!. While reinstalling software to my new hard drive some how I
> ended up with 2 My Documents folders. I think I got the 2d by renaming
> the original MY Documents folder and then Windows recreated it again.
> I've never like the My Documents folder in the first place. So now I
> have 2 and can't get rid of either one.
>
> One other question, I had small program that maximized new windows
> automatically. Any one familiar with such a program?
>
> Any help will be greately appreciated.
>
> Walt
>
> Windows ME

September 9, 2005 11:57:30 AM

Thank you Noel. You're right that's exactly what I did. I did manage
to get rid of it, don't know how, it just went away. Thanks gvery
much.

Walt

!