tom's tip of the day....

If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:

1. overheating
2. low/high voltage
3. bad disk
4. bad memory
5. software issues
6. networking issues
7. browser/isp issues
8. any other imagined hardware issues
9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins

Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.

Worked for me.
8 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    hmmm,
    If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    1 fuel system,
    2 drive train,
    3 engine malfunction,
    4 electrical problem,
    5 tires,
    6 suspension,
    7 ignition system,
    8 any other imagined issues
    9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins

    Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.

    "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >
    > 1. overheating
    > 2. low/high voltage
    > 3. bad disk
    > 4. bad memory
    > 5. software issues
    > 6. networking issues
    > 7. browser/isp issues
    > 8. any other imagined hardware issues
    > 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >
    > Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
    >
    > Worked for me.

    And your point is?

    "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    > hmmm,
    > If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    > 1 fuel system,
    > 2 drive train,
    > 3 engine malfunction,
    > 4 electrical problem,
    > 5 tires,
    > 6 suspension,
    > 7 ignition system,
    > 8 any other imagined issues
    > 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >
    > Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.
    >
    > "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >>
    >> 1. overheating
    >> 2. low/high voltage
    >> 3. bad disk
    >> 4. bad memory
    >> 5. software issues
    >> 6. networking issues
    >> 7. browser/isp issues
    >> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
    >> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >>
    >> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
    >>
    >> Worked for me.

    other than the obvious?

    Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction as
    being the cause.

    Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.

    Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......

    > And your point is?
    >
    > "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    >> hmmm,
    >> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >> 1 fuel system,
    >> 2 drive train,
    >> 3 engine malfunction,
    >> 4 electrical problem,
    >> 5 tires,
    >> 6 suspension,
    >> 7 ignition system,
    >> 8 any other imagined issues
    >> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >>
    >> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.
    >>
    >> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >>>
    >>> 1. overheating
    >>> 2. low/high voltage
    >>> 3. bad disk
    >>> 4. bad memory
    >>> 5. software issues
    >>> 6. networking issues
    >>> 7. browser/isp issues
    >>> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
    >>> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >>>
    >>> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
    >>>
    >>> Worked for me.

    JAD...get a sense of humor. I'm overstating the obvious because a bad ide
    cable can mimic about every malady possible on a computer. It's a weak link
    in most systems, especially if you swap/rebuild a lot as many here do. And
    it's only a few bux to replace.

    Have a nice day.

    > other than the obvious?
    >
    > Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction as
    > being the cause.
    >
    > Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
    >
    > Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......
    >
    > "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> And your point is?
    >>
    >> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    >>> hmmm,
    >>> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >>> 1 fuel system,
    >>> 2 drive train,
    >>> 3 engine malfunction,
    >>> 4 electrical problem,
    >>> 5 tires,
    >>> 6 suspension,
    >>> 7 ignition system,
    >>> 8 any other imagined issues

    JAD wrote:
    > other than the obvious?
    >
    > Like having a headache, then name every general body system
    malfunction as
    > being the cause.
    >
    > Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
    >
    > Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain
    it......

    > "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > And your point is?
    > >
    > > "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    > >> hmmm,
    > >> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    > >> 1 fuel system,
    > >> 2 drive train,
    > >> 3 engine malfunction,
    > >> 4 electrical problem,
    > >> 5 tires,
    > >> 6 suspension,
    > >> 7 ignition system,
    > >> 8 any other imagined issues
    > >> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    > >>
    > >> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything
    else.

    Don't worry, I found it amusing :-)

    I got it Tom, I thought it was funny..and wanted to steal some of the
    glory....

    > JAD...get a sense of humor. I'm overstating the obvious because a bad ide
    > cable can mimic about every malady possible on a computer. It's a weak
    > link
    > in most systems, especially if you swap/rebuild a lot as many here do. And
    > it's only a few bux to replace.
    >
    > Have a nice day.
    >
    > "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    >> other than the obvious?
    >>
    >> Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction
    >> as being the cause.
    >>
    >> Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
    >>
    >> Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......
    >>
    >> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> And your point is?
    >>>
    >>> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message

    You left one out:

    10. Kid putting an Oreo into the CD-ROM drive issue.

    "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >
    > 1. overheating
    > 2. low/high voltage
    > 3. bad disk
    > 4. bad memory
    > 5. software issues
    > 6. networking issues
    > 7. browser/isp issues
    > 8. any other imagined hardware issues
    > 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >
    > Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
    >
    > Worked for me.

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:51:13 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
    because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "tom"
    <tom@hotmail.com> wrote :

    >If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
    >
    >1. overheating
    >2. low/high voltage
    >3. bad disk
    >4. bad memory
    >5. software issues
    >6. networking issues
    >7. browser/isp issues
    >8. any other imagined hardware issues
    >9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
    >
    >Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
    >
    >Worked for me.

    And this works with so many of the Women I've been out with<grin> :P

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply

Homebuilt Hardware Internet Service Providers Systems