  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
April 17, 2005 1:51:13 PM

If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:

1. overheating
2. low/high voltage
3. bad disk
4. bad memory
5. software issues
6. networking issues
7. browser/isp issues
8. any other imagined hardware issues
9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins

Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.

Worked for me.

More about : tom tip day

April 17, 2005 2:13:15 PM

hmmm,
If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
1 fuel system,
2 drive train,
3 engine malfunction,
4 electrical problem,
5 tires,
6 suspension,
7 ignition system,
8 any other imagined issues
9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins

Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.

"tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>
> 1. overheating
> 2. low/high voltage
> 3. bad disk
> 4. bad memory
> 5. software issues
> 6. networking issues
> 7. browser/isp issues
> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>
> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
>
> Worked for me.

April 17, 2005 2:14:56 PM

And your point is?

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
> hmmm,
> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
> 1 fuel system,
> 2 drive train,
> 3 engine malfunction,
> 4 electrical problem,
> 5 tires,
> 6 suspension,
> 7 ignition system,
> 8 any other imagined issues
> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>
> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.
>
> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>>
>> 1. overheating
>> 2. low/high voltage
>> 3. bad disk
>> 4. bad memory
>> 5. software issues
>> 6. networking issues
>> 7. browser/isp issues
>> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
>> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>>
>> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
>>
>> Worked for me.

Related resources
April 17, 2005 2:21:00 PM

other than the obvious?

Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction as
being the cause.

Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.

Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......

> And your point is?
>
> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
>> hmmm,
>> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>> 1 fuel system,
>> 2 drive train,
>> 3 engine malfunction,
>> 4 electrical problem,
>> 5 tires,
>> 6 suspension,
>> 7 ignition system,
>> 8 any other imagined issues
>> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>>
>> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.
>>
>> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>>>
>>> 1. overheating
>>> 2. low/high voltage
>>> 3. bad disk
>>> 4. bad memory
>>> 5. software issues
>>> 6. networking issues
>>> 7. browser/isp issues
>>> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
>>> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>>>
>>> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
>>>
>>> Worked for me.

April 17, 2005 2:38:01 PM

JAD...get a sense of humor. I'm overstating the obvious because a bad ide
cable can mimic about every malady possible on a computer. It's a weak link
in most systems, especially if you swap/rebuild a lot as many here do. And
it's only a few bux to replace.

Have a nice day.

> other than the obvious?
>
> Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction as
> being the cause.
>
> Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
>
> Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......
>
> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> And your point is?
>>
>> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
>>> hmmm,
>>> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>>> 1 fuel system,
>>> 2 drive train,
>>> 3 engine malfunction,
>>> 4 electrical problem,
>>> 5 tires,
>>> 6 suspension,
>>> 7 ignition system,
>>> 8 any other imagined issues
>>> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>>>
>>> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything else.
>>>
>>> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 17, 2005 4:18:57 PM

JAD wrote:
> other than the obvious?
>
> Like having a headache, then name every general body system
malfunction as
> being the cause.
>
> Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
>
> Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain
it......

> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > And your point is?
> >
> > "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
> >> hmmm,
> >> If you have poor car performance symptoms that possibly point to:
> >> 1 fuel system,
> >> 2 drive train,
> >> 3 engine malfunction,
> >> 4 electrical problem,
> >> 5 tires,
> >> 6 suspension,
> >> 7 ignition system,
> >> 8 any other imagined issues
> >> 9 any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
> >>
> >> Try replacing the nut behind the wheel before you do anything
else.

Don't worry, I found it amusing :-)
April 17, 2005 5:27:19 PM

I got it Tom, I thought it was funny..and wanted to steal some of the
glory....

> JAD...get a sense of humor. I'm overstating the obvious because a bad ide
> cable can mimic about every malady possible on a computer. It's a weak
> link
> in most systems, especially if you swap/rebuild a lot as many here do. And
> it's only a few bux to replace.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
>> other than the obvious?
>>
>> Like having a headache, then name every general body system malfunction
>> as being the cause.
>>
>> Followed by: Take two aspirin before you do anything else.
>>
>> Seemed funny the first time....I guess if you have to explain it......
>>
>> "tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> And your point is?
>>>
>>> "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message

April 17, 2005 11:07:07 PM

You left one out:

10. Kid putting an Oreo into the CD-ROM drive issue.

"tom" <tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>
> 1. overheating
> 2. low/high voltage
> 3. bad disk
> 4. bad memory
> 5. software issues
> 6. networking issues
> 7. browser/isp issues
> 8. any other imagined hardware issues
> 9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>
> Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
>
> Worked for me.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2005 3:58:44 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:51:13 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "tom"
<tom@hotmail.com> wrote :

>If you have poor performance symptoms that possibly point to:
>
>1. overheating
>2. low/high voltage
>3. bad disk
>4. bad memory
>5. software issues
>6. networking issues
>7. browser/isp issues
>8. any other imagined hardware issues
>9. any other miscellaneous unexplained gremlins
>
>Try replacing your ide cables before doing anything else.
>
>Worked for me.

And this works with so many of the Women I've been out with<grin> :p

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply