AdAware Problems

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 8, 2005 9:20:33 PM

I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and then
check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the program
shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three computers,
one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.

Thanks!

Alias

More about : adaware problems

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:20:34 PM

Alias:

Apparently there are new definitions available, but with server problems,
the way it looks.
Just try again later and then see what happens.

Harry.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
then
> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
program
> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
computers,
> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alias

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:20:34 PM

From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>

| I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and then
| check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the program
| shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three computers,
| one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
|
| Thanks!
|
| Alias

You are not alone !

Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
Maybe it will work for you too now.

Harry.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
then
> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
program
> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
computers,
> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alias

September 8, 2005 9:45:37 PM

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
> | I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
> | check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
> | shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
> | one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
> |
> | Thanks!
> |
> | Alias
> |

> You are not alone !
>
> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.
>
> --
> Dave

Glad to hear it isn't my computers. Thanks.

Alias
September 8, 2005 10:05:25 PM

And when you check for updates again, it says no updates? What definition
file does the main window say you have installed and loaded?

Alias

"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote

> Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
> Maybe it will work for you too now.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
>> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
>> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
>> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias

September 8, 2005 10:08:42 PM

Now it works.

Thanks,

Alias
"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote

> Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
> Maybe it will work for you too now.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
>> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
>> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
>> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias

September 9, 2005 4:23:51 AM

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it
>> and then check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date
>> that the program shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This
>> happens on three computers, one with XP Home and the other two with
>> XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias
>>

> You are not alone !
>
> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.

How bleedin' unusual!

btw Dave, I can't tell you how much it galls me to bottom-post here. I hope
you appreciate it, young man!

Shane
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:23:52 AM

From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>>
>>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it
>>> and then check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date
>>> that the program shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This
>>> happens on three computers, one with XP Home and the other two with
>>> XP Pro.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>> You are not alone !
>>
>> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.
|
| How bleedin' unusual!
|
| btw Dave, I can't tell you how much it galls me to bottom-post here. I hope
| you appreciate it, young man!
|
| Shane

Hi shane:

It doesn't bother me if you Bottom Post or Top Post. I just care about content ;-)

Post as you feel comfortable as long as it is logical for the situation at hand.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
September 9, 2005 4:23:53 AM

Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
same age, you know)

Cheers......Mum

> From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com>
>
> | David H. Lipman wrote:
> >> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>

> >> You are not alone !
> >>
> >> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.
> |
> | How bleedin' unusual!
> |
> | btw Dave, I can't tell you how much it galls me to bottom-post here. I
hope
> | you appreciate it, young man!
> |
> | Shane
> |

> Hi shane:
>
> It doesn't bother me if you Bottom Post or Top Post. I just care about
content ;-)

> Post as you feel comfortable as long as it is logical for the situation at
hand.

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:23:54 AM

From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>

| Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
| a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
| soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
| same age, you know)
|
| Cheers......Mum

Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
September 9, 2005 4:23:55 AM

> From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>
>
> | Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want
in
> | a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
> | soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about
the
> | same age, you know)
> |
> | Cheers......Mum
>
> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

Sigh......wish I was that young!! Happy birthday in advance.

Cheers......Heather

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:37:47 AM

David H. Lipman wrote:

> From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>
>
> | Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
> | a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
> | soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
> | same age, you know)
> |
> | Cheers......Mum
>
> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

Lucky you! I have one son that age and another to be 46 in December.
Heather says "wish I was that young" but, I have to say "been there,
done that" and not sure I want to do it all again. Now I leave it all up
to the "kids" and grand kids. Maybe they can improve on the job us
oldies did. Hopefully, we gave them something to work with.

I will join Figgs in offering early wishes for a happy birthday.

sced13ri
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:34:22 PM

From: "sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid>

| Lucky you! I have one son that age and another to be 46 in December.
| Heather says "wish I was that young" but, I have to say "been there,
| done that" and not sure I want to do it all again. Now I leave it all up
| to the "kids" and grand kids. Maybe they can improve on the job us
| oldies did. Hopefully, we gave them something to work with.
|
| I will join Figgs in offering early wishes for a happy birthday.
|
| sced13ri

Thanx sced13ri !!

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
September 9, 2005 4:15:01 PM

Sometimes I think, as the link for the zip downloads the old version, it's
not that the servers are overloaded but that Lavasoft haven't uploaded the
new defs before announcing them. In almost every case in which I've got the
'no updates available' message following Silj or other's announcement of new
defs, I've subsequently tried the zip link and that zip has contained the
old defs version.

Shane

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
>> Now it works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alias
>
> Finally got; SE1R65 08.09.2005 as well
> Connected to: ev1s-67-15-193-252.ev1servers.net
September 9, 2005 4:22:31 PM

> Next month -- I'll hit 44.

What? All at once?

Shane, old and facetious (and plagiarous)
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:32:52 PM

<lol> What's new <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:

> Shane, old and facetious (and plagiarous)
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:36:40 PM

<lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but there
seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here just lately.
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you
> want in a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out
> with lye soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are
> probably about the same age, you know)
>
> Cheers......Mum

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:36:41 PM

From: "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com>

| <lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but there
| seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here just lately.
| Joan

And some of the WinME regs. seem to be popping up in the WinXP NGs lately ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:44:17 PM

<lol> You're just a baby then <g>
Joan

David H. Lipman wrote:

> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:27:51 AM

<lol> So I've noticed <g>
Joan

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com>
>
>| <lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but
>| there seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here
>| just lately. Joan
>|

> And some of the WinME regs. seem to be popping up in the WinXP NGs
> lately ;-)
September 10, 2005 7:48:21 AM

What can you do with people like that, Figgs! Bleedin' curtain twitchers. I
tell yer, with people like that in the world it's all I can do to stay out
of prison.

'Old guy'! I suppose I asked for that. Must be nearly time for a new Trill!

Shane

!