Spybot and Spyware Blaster Updates

It looks like everyone is catching up. Spybot has new defs plus other
updates. The downloads are very slow. Spyware Blaster updated fast as
usual. And ZoneAlarm Pro also updated today.

sced13ri

Alias

Just checked both and no updates. There were some a few days ago.

Alias

"sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid> wrote

From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>

| Just checked both and no updates. There were some a few days ago.
|
| Alias

Yeah, he's late. That's why if someone is going to post that a software has an update, it
is proper form to state the version [ Like Randy posts; "Ad-aware [SE1R65] 08.09.2005" ] or
the date of the update.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Spywareblaster:
The latest database loaded: 9/2/05 with 4349 items.
No updates as of now.

Harry.

"sced13ri" wrote:
> It looks like everyone is catching up. Spybot has new defs plus other updates. The
> downloads are very slow. Spyware Blaster updated fast as usual. And ZoneAlarm Pro
> also updated today.

Mmm...
Latest Ad-aware;
<http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/09/08/65716.aspx>
Latest Spyware Blaster;
<http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/09/02/65078.aspx>
Latest SpyBot;
<http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/08/26/64148.aspx>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Alias wrote:
> Just checked both and no updates. There were some a few days ago.
>
> Alias
>
> "sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid> wrote
>

>>It looks like everyone is catching up. Spybot has new defs plus other
>>updates. The downloads are very slow. Spyware Blaster updated fast as
>>usual. And ZoneAlarm Pro also updated today.
>>
>>sced13ri

To all, my apologies. I have been away for over a week and after
updating took a quick look at this group to see if there was a post. I
guess I missed it. Since both ZoneAlarm and AVG also updated and with a
09/08/05 date, as well as AdAware, I did that ass-u-me thing. No real
excuse. I should have looked at the programs more carefully after
updating, I would have seen they were as of 09/02/05.

Mea culpa.

As Poirot might say "my old and worn little grey cells failed me".

sced13ri

BTW, the ZA Pro was a major update to V6.0.667.000 with Anti-spyware
engine V4.0.9.6 DAT file V01.200509.125 I don't know if there is a
similar update to the free version since I am set to auto update
notification and rarely visit the ZA site. Free version users might want
to check.

sced

This is a repost since my original reply did not show up in the group
even though it was sent before another message in a different thread
which did. So I'll try again. The original reply is at the bottom.

sced13ri

Alias wrote:
> Just checked both and no updates. There were some a few days ago.
>
> Alias
>
> "sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid> wrote
>

>>It looks like everyone is catching up. Spybot has new defs plus other
>>updates. The downloads are very slow. Spyware Blaster updated fast as
>>usual. And ZoneAlarm Pro also updated today.
>>
>>sced13ri

To all, my apologies. I have been away for over a week and after
updating took a quick look at this group to see if there was a post. I
guess I missed it. Since both ZoneAlarm and AVG also updated and with a
09/08/05 date, as well as AdAware, I did that ass-u-me thing. No real
excuse. I should have looked at the programs more carefully after
updating, I would have seen they were as of 09/02/05.

Mea culpa.

As Poirot might say "my old and worn little grey cells failed me".

sced13ri

BTW, the ZA Pro was a major update to V6.0.667.000 with Anti-spyware
engine V4.0.9.6 DAT file V01.200509.125 I don't know if there is a
similar update to the free version since I am set to auto update
notification and rarely visit the ZA site. Free version users might want
to check.

sced

It did show timed 7:21AM here and this one is 7:50AM. <g>
Joan

sced13ri wrote:
> This is a repost since my original reply did not show up in the group
> even though it was sent before another message in a different thread
> which did. So I'll try again. The original reply is at the bottom.
>
> sced13ri

Yep, the next time I went to the group they both popped up. The first
marked as read, even though I hadn't seen it before.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of news groups"

Paraphrased courtesy of "The Shadow". :-X

sced13ri

Joan Archer wrote:
> It did show timed 7:21AM here and this one is 7:50AM. <g>
> Joan
>
> sced13ri wrote:
>
>>This is a repost since my original reply did not show up in the group
>>even though it was sent before another message in a different thread
>>which did. So I'll try again. The original reply is at the bottom.
>>
>>sced13ri

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hey Old Guy......things are a-slippin'.......LOL. Don't you just hate it
when you are mid-sentence, and someone asks something and then you don't
have a clue what you were talking about 10 seconds ago??

And Noel.......remember, I might get back to Wales again........evil grin.

Cheers.....Figgs

"sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> Yep, the next time I went to the group they both popped up. The first
> marked as read, even though I hadn't seen it before.
>
> "Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of news groups"
>
> Paraphrased courtesy of "The Shadow". :-X
>
> sced13ri
>
> Joan Archer wrote:
> > It did show timed 7:21AM here and this one is 7:50AM. <g>
> > Joan
> >
> > sced13ri wrote:
> >
> >>This is a repost since my original reply did not show up in the group
> >>even though it was sent before another message in a different thread
> >>which did. So I'll try again. The original reply is at the bottom.
> >>
> >>sced13ri

A-slippin'? Over the hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Where was
I? Oh damn, it's time to go back to the home. No, no, noooooo!!

sced

Heather wrote:
> Hey Old Guy......things are a-slippin'.......LOL. Don't you just hate it
> when you are mid-sentence, and someone asks something and then you don't
> have a clue what you were talking about 10 seconds ago??
>
> And Noel.......remember, I might get back to Wales again........evil grin.
>
> Cheers.....Figgs
>
> "sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Yep, the next time I went to the group they both popped up. The first
>>marked as read, even though I hadn't seen it before.
>>
>>"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of news groups"
>>
>>Paraphrased courtesy of "The Shadow". :-X
>>
>>sced13ri
>>
>>Joan Archer wrote:
>>
>>>It did show timed 7:21AM here and this one is 7:50AM. <g>
>>>Joan

<lol> And this time come to see me instead of borrowing Noels phone and
ringing me <g> then telling me I talk funny <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> And Noel.......remember, I might get back to Wales again........evil
> grin.
>
> Cheers.....Figgs

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL.......you are on!! But you live so darn far away from the rest of the
UK!!

I would love to come back, if only to spend the GBP that I have left over.
Paid $2.60 for a pound.....now it is $2.17........so to my convoluted way of
thinking, I really should spend the airfare to spend the pounds. Make
sense??

XX Heather
"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <lol> And this time come to see me instead of borrowing Noels phone and
> ringing me <g> then telling me I talk funny <g>
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
> > And Noel.......remember, I might get back to Wales again........evil
> > grin.
> >
> > Cheers.....Figgs

<lol> I'm only a couple of hundred miles down the road from Noel <g>
Joan