Network card causes PC not to boot ?

I disabled the network on my Nf7-S 2.0 everything. Yet when ever i add
an External card the pc starts to boot then shuts down ? I put in
diffeent PCi slots seesm not to make any difference ?

Iam pretty sure it worked before. But i think it was on other board
with no lan built in.

Does this Abit board just don't like other network cards installed. Or
did i miss a setting to turn off and it just throw a wolbbly ?

Thanks.

/PS got my Ethernet 5102 Billion modem workign fine with the Onboard
lan. but i would like to know why the external card did not work ?

Bye.

peter

In article <63k661tsqgted8em0qtnkfv2icpf4g8ia1@4ax.com>, 1@abc.com
says...

> I disabled the network on my Nf7-S 2.0 everything. Yet when ever i add
> an External card the pc starts to boot then shuts down ? I put in
> diffeent PCi slots seesm not to make any difference ?
>

> Iam pretty sure it worked before. But i think it was on other board
> with no lan built in.
>
> Does this Abit board just don't like other network cards installed. Or
> did i miss a setting to turn off and it just throw a wolbbly ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> /PS got my Ethernet 5102 Billion modem workign fine with the Onboard
> lan. but i would like to know why the external card did not work ?
>
> Bye.

You don't say the O/S but if windows, did you also remove all details
about the disabled card from 'device manager'. May help.

--
Pete Ives

THe network was onboard the mobo.

The card was theone i was tryin to use :(

Its Windows XP.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:31:41 +0100, Peter
<ivingtonAll_stRESS@fast24.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <63k661tsqgted8em0qtnkfv2icpf4g8ia1@4ax.com>, 1@abc.com
>says...
>>

>> I disabled the network on my Nf7-S 2.0 everything. Yet when ever i add
>> an External card the pc starts to boot then shuts down ? I put in
>> diffeent PCi slots seesm not to make any difference ?
>>

>> Iam pretty sure it worked before. But i think it was on other board
>> with no lan built in.
>>
>> Does this Abit board just don't like other network cards installed. Or
>> did i miss a setting to turn off and it just throw a wolbbly ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> /PS got my Ethernet 5102 Billion modem workign fine with the Onboard
>> lan. but i would like to know why the external card did not work ?
>>
>> Bye.
>>

>You don't say the O/S but if windows, did you also remove all details
>about the disabled card from 'device manager'. May help.

peter

In article <d66f6194oe797mm5g216poqf9r3nms0pv3@4ax.com>, 1@abc.com
says...

> THe network was onboard the mobo.
>
> The card was theone i was tryin to use :(
>
> Its Windows XP.

Sorry, I knew that but didn't make myself clear. Anyway, not sure about
XP, but sometimes previous windows O/S's didn't always clear out
registry entries related to now removed devices and you had to remove
them manually by booting up in safe mode. Think XP is less prone to
this, but it still may be worth checking.

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:31:41 +0100, Peter
> <ivingtonAll_stRESS@fast24.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In article <63k661tsqgted8em0qtnkfv2icpf4g8ia1@4ax.com>, 1@abc.com
> >says...
> >>

> >> I disabled the network on my Nf7-S 2.0 everything. Yet when ever i add
> >> an External card the pc starts to boot then shuts down ? I put in
> >> diffeent PCi slots seesm not to make any difference ?
> >>

> >> Iam pretty sure it worked before. But i think it was on other board
> >> with no lan built in.
> >>
> >> Does this Abit board just don't like other network cards installed. Or
> >> did i miss a setting to turn off and it just throw a wolbbly ?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> /PS got my Ethernet 5102 Billion modem workign fine with the Onboard
> >> lan. but i would like to know why the external card did not work ?
> >>
> >> Bye.
> >>

> >You don't say the O/S but if windows, did you also remove all details
> >about the disabled card from 'device manager'. May help.

Yeah, I meant disabled network device.

--
Pete Ives