Motherboard/cpu problems

Comp specs:
Amd 2800 athlon xp (333fsb)
soyo kt600 dragon plus
2 x 512 kingston 400mhz
geforce 5700ve 256mb
aerocool deepimact cooler w/two fans mounte d to it
400 watt psu
80 gig 7200 rpm segate baracuda
2 cd burners/ dvd readers
logitech wireless bluetooth key board / mouse
5 extra fans
15" lcd monitor

I have a problem that i cant quite figure out. I had a pny
geforce 5200fx 128mb 8x agp card take a dump on me a few months ago.
Screen began to cut out the usuall tested to confirm on my brothers
comp. Well I took the comp apart and added my areocool deep Imp[act
cpu cooler and picked up a gig of ram (512 x 2 400mhz pc3200
kingston) and a new video card (PNY Geforce 5700VE agp8x 256mb,
435mhz clock speed). Came to put my new componebnts back together
and now I am getting no video again? I am guessing my mobo or cpu
is now dead. Is there anyway to test to confirm one or both of these
are dead? The set was oc'ed for a while running @ 2.3 gigs. The
chips has no burn spots on the chip. I just spent 150 bux and now
its just sitting plz help ! Also what motherboardand/or cpu do you
recommend? I do alot of gaming as well as video editing and
photoshop stuff, sumwhere in the price range of 150.

Thanx,
Blazerkid

In article <e2b9f$426382c0$455da0d2$23479@allthenewsgroups.com>,
blazerkid4x4 says...
> Comp specs:
> Amd 2800 athlon xp (333fsb)
> soyo kt600 dragon plus
> 2 x 512 kingston 400mhz
> geforce 5700ve 256mb
> aerocool deepimact cooler w/two fans mounte d to it
> 400 watt psu
> 80 gig 7200 rpm segate baracuda
> 2 cd burners/ dvd readers
> logitech wireless bluetooth key board / mouse
> 5 extra fans
> 15" lcd monitor
>

> I have a problem that i cant quite figure out. I had a pny
> geforce 5200fx 128mb 8x agp card take a dump on me a few months ago.
> Screen began to cut out the usuall tested to confirm on my brothers
> comp. Well I took the comp apart and added my areocool deep Imp[act
> cpu cooler and picked up a gig of ram (512 x 2 400mhz pc3200
> kingston) and a new video card (PNY Geforce 5700VE agp8x 256mb,
> 435mhz clock speed). Came to put my new componebnts back together
> and now I am getting no video again? I am guessing my mobo or cpu
> is now dead. Is there anyway to test to confirm one or both of these
> are dead? The set was oc'ed for a while running @ 2.3 gigs. The
> chips has no burn spots on the chip. I just spent 150 bux and now
> its just sitting plz help ! Also what motherboardand/or cpu do you
> recommend? I do alot of gaming as well as video editing and
> photoshop stuff, sumwhere in the price range of 150.

THe PSU is barely adequate unless its a decent quality brand name. Also
just because there are no burn spots on the chip that doesn't mean
you've not done any damage. As well as unseen damage, the heat from the
core can fry components on the motherboard placed directly under the
CPU.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.