SpyBot Definitions Update 09/09/05

Note - heavy server load at this time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and after a
while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from the
server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

"siljaline" wrote:

> Note - heavy server load at this time!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thank you, Silj.
The download and installation of the latest detection rules went smoothly
here and "No immediate threats were found" after the scan.

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Note - heavy server load at this time!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Usually the server, Paul.......probably busy as heck. Try another country
to download from.......preferably one that is fast asleep at the moment such
as Australia.

Cheers.....Heather

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and after
> while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from the
> server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum
>

> "siljaline" wrote:
>
> > Note - heavy server load at this time!
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
> >
> > Silj
> >
> > --
> > siljaline
> >
> > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > Security Tools Updates
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> >
> > (Reply to group, as return address
> > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather:
Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but cant
find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
Regards Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

"PAT (Paul)" wrote:

> Heather:
> Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but cant
> find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
> default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?

You may not "see" the Australian server, they are switched depending on load.
Use this to update; http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
Run the executable, *make sure you have SpyBot (closed)*, open the program, go to
Help > About, verify that the information shows today's date.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Just got back in, Paul. At the top on the Spybot Update page, it shows a
place to download it from. Second item from the left at the top. Hidden to
the right of it is where you change it. Put your cursor on the downwards
arrow et voila......a choice of 6 locations. There is no *bar* to show that
you can do that.

> Heather:
> Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but
cant
> find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
> default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
> Regards Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum
>

> "Heather" wrote:
>
> > Usually the server, Paul.......probably busy as heck. Try another
country
> > to download from.......preferably one that is fast asleep at the moment
such
> > as Australia.
> >
> > Cheers.....Heather
> >
> > "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and
after
> > > while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from
the
> > > server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
> > > Paul
> > > --
> > > cogito ergo sum

Heater and Silj:
Tks for your response. Heater: human nature is afraid of the unknown and
that little arrow prooves it, was not "curious" enough to find it, thanks. By
the way Australia was not quite asleep this time of the morning - my time.
Silj: your link did it, do I have to delete the previous download? and found
it much faster barely secs against few minutes on this machine. Regards
Paul

--
cogito ergo sum

> "PAT (Paul)" wrote:
> >
> > Heather:
> > Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out,
but cant
> > find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to
be the
> > default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
>
> You may not "see" the Australian server, they are switched depending
on load.
> Use this to update;
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
> Run the executable, *make sure you have SpyBot (closed)*, open the
program, go to
> Help > About, verify that the information shows today's date.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

I've tried downloading the Spybot update, but all I ever get is "Bad
checksum".
I don't think that Spybot is going to be much use in the future.
Regards Mike.

"Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:
<snip>
> I've tried downloading the Spybot update, but all I ever get is "Bad
> checksum".
Faq on the above error;
http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/20.html

> I don't think that Spybot is going to be much use in the future.

That's your call.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

"That's your call" and not such a smart one either.
Despite all the difficulties in downloading updates, it is a quite valuable
commodity in one's pc assembly.
And don't forget, it's free

Harry wrote:
> "That's your call" and not such a smart one either.
> Despite all the difficulties in downloading updates, it is a quite valuable
> commodity in one's pc assembly.
> And don't forget, it's free

It's anyone's call, Harry - what one wants to arm themselves with as far
as security software is concerned.
I've got a check-list a mile long that I could recommend.

Would you implement them all?
Maybe, maybe not.

Silj