SpyBot Definitions Update 09/09/05

Note - heavy server load at this time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
12 answers Last reply
More about spybot definitions update

    Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and after a
    while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from the
    server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
    Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "siljaline" wrote:

    > Note - heavy server load at this time!
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Thank you, Silj.
    The download and installation of the latest detection rules went smoothly
    here and "No immediate threats were found" after the scan.

    Harry.

    "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Note - heavy server load at this time!
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Usually the server, Paul.......probably busy as heck. Try another country
    to download from.......preferably one that is fast asleep at the moment such
    as Australia.

    Cheers.....Heather

    "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and after
    > while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from the
    > server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
    > Paul
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum
    >

    > "siljaline" wrote:
    >
    > > Note - heavy server load at this time!
    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15756>
    > >
    > > Silj
    > >
    > > --
    > > siljaline
    > >
    > > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > > Security Tools Updates
    > > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    > >
    > > (Reply to group, as return address
    > > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Heather:
    Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but cant
    find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
    default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
    Regards Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "PAT (Paul)" wrote:

    > Heather:
    > Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but cant
    > find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
    > default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?

    You may not "see" the Australian server, they are switched depending on load.
    Use this to update; http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
    Run the executable, *make sure you have SpyBot (closed)*, open the program, go to
    Help > About, verify that the information shows today's date.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Just got back in, Paul. At the top on the Spybot Update page, it shows a
    place to download it from. Second item from the left at the top. Hidden to
    the right of it is where you change it. Put your cursor on the downwards
    arrow et voila......a choice of 6 locations. There is no *bar* to show that
    you can do that.

    > Heather:
    > Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out, but
    cant
    > find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to be the
    > default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
    > Regards Paul
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum
    >

    > "Heather" wrote:
    >
    > > Usually the server, Paul.......probably busy as heck. Try another
    country
    > > to download from.......preferably one that is fast asleep at the moment
    such
    > > as Australia.
    > >
    > > Cheers.....Heather
    > >
    > > "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Trying to download updates for Spybot S&D. Tried several times and
    after
    > > > while from 5 secs to over 1 min get: "!!!bad checksum!" is that from
    the
    > > > server or is it at this end??? Appreciate any thought.
    > > > Paul
    > > > --
    > > > cogito ergo sum

    Heater and Silj:
    Tks for your response. Heater: human nature is afraid of the unknown and
    that little arrow prooves it, was not "curious" enough to find it, thanks. By
    the way Australia was not quite asleep this time of the morning - my time.
    Silj: your link did it, do I have to delete the previous download? and found
    it much faster barely secs against few minutes on this machine. Regards
    Paul

    --
    cogito ergo sum

    > "PAT (Paul)" wrote:
    > >
    > > Heather:
    > > Tks for your fast response. I've looked that site inside out,
    but cant
    > > find where one can choose a download site, other than what seems to
    be the
    > > default one....just out of curiosity, how do I get Australia?
    >
    > You may not "see" the Australian server, they are switched depending
    on load.
    > Use this to update;
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
    > Run the executable, *make sure you have SpyBot (closed)*, open the
    program, go to
    > Help > About, verify that the information shows today's date.
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    I've tried downloading the Spybot update, but all I ever get is "Bad
    checksum".
    I don't think that Spybot is going to be much use in the future.
    Regards Mike.

    Mike:
    Thanks for remembering, same here. However I used Silj's link
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe and worked
    first try.
    Regards Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:

    "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:
    <snip>
    > I've tried downloading the Spybot update, but all I ever get is "Bad
    > checksum".
    Faq on the above error;
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/20.html

    > I don't think that Spybot is going to be much use in the future.

    That's your call.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    "That's your call" and not such a smart one either.
    Despite all the difficulties in downloading updates, it is a quite valuable
    commodity in one's pc assembly.
    And don't forget, it's free

    Harry wrote:
    > "That's your call" and not such a smart one either.
    > Despite all the difficulties in downloading updates, it is a quite valuable
    > commodity in one's pc assembly.
    > And don't forget, it's free

    It's anyone's call, Harry - what one wants to arm themselves with as far
    as security software is concerned.
    I've got a check-list a mile long that I could recommend.

    Would you implement them all?
    Maybe, maybe not.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Internet Explorer Security Spybot Microsoft Servers Windows