Laptop won't connect to internet after upgrading to SP2

I have installed SP2 on my laptop (not this one) and having done so I have
found that the machine won't connect to my wireless network any longer. I
have not changed any settings on the router or pc other than installing SP2.

When I try to connect, the connection window tells me that it's waiting for
the network to be ready. This machine (upon which I type) continues to
connect and work with the network.

Any help most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

SP2 seems to have changed some security settings, like some folks using a
built in wireless could no longer use WEP. You might try making another
profile for your adapter.

SP2 also has a built in configuration utility for the wireless devices. I
suppose you know about that and have used it to make your configuration
settings?

Clark