bad background and text font

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I went to a yahoo site and the text is medium blue
on a slightly deeper blue background. I don't know
why anybody would create that unreadable combination,
but they did. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2 but I think
the place to make changes is in XP, Appearance someplace.
I'd appreciate being led to it, with instructions, and
thank you.
--
William B. Lurie
3 answers Last reply
More about background text font
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 12:33:31 -0400, William B. Lurie wrote:

    > I went to a yahoo site and the text is medium blue
    > on a slightly deeper blue background. I don't know
    > why anybody would create that unreadable combination,
    > but they did. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2 but I think
    > the place to make changes is in XP, Appearance someplace.
    > I'd appreciate being led to it, with instructions, and
    > thank you.

    The ideal place to make changes would be in the html for that page but
    since you're not the author/owner/editor of that location, it's a not a
    practical solution.

    In IE (Internet Options> General> Accessibility), one can change/ignore
    colors, fonts or implement a custom *.css file. Mozilla probably has
    similar settings in its menus.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Sharon F wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 12:33:31 -0400, William B. Lurie wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I went to a yahoo site and the text is medium blue
    >>on a slightly deeper blue background. I don't know
    >>why anybody would create that unreadable combination,
    >>but they did. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2 but I think
    >>the place to make changes is in XP, Appearance someplace.
    >>I'd appreciate being led to it, with instructions, and
    >>thank you.
    >
    >
    > The ideal place to make changes would be in the html for that page but
    > since you're not the author/owner/editor of that location, it's a not a
    > practical solution.
    >
    > In IE (Internet Options> General> Accessibility), one can change/ignore
    > colors, fonts or implement a custom *.css file. Mozilla probably has
    > similar settings in its menus.
    >
    Thank you, Sharon. I'll ask Mozilla where it is.
    I already e-mailed the group moderator who does
    control the code.

    --
    William B. Lurie
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:37:54 -0400, William B. Lurie wrote:

    > Sharon F wrote:
    >> On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 12:33:31 -0400, William B. Lurie wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I went to a yahoo site and the text is medium blue
    >>>on a slightly deeper blue background. I don't know
    >>>why anybody would create that unreadable combination,
    >>>but they did. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2 but I think
    >>>the place to make changes is in XP, Appearance someplace.
    >>>I'd appreciate being led to it, with instructions, and
    >>>thank you.
    >>
    >>
    >> The ideal place to make changes would be in the html for that page but
    >> since you're not the author/owner/editor of that location, it's a not a
    >> practical solution.
    >>
    >> In IE (Internet Options> General> Accessibility), one can change/ignore
    >> colors, fonts or implement a custom *.css file. Mozilla probably has
    >> similar settings in its menus.
    >>
    > Thank you, Sharon. I'll ask Mozilla where it is.
    > I already e-mailed the group moderator who does
    > control the code.

    Welcome, Bill. Hope that you find what you're looking for.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Ask a new question

Read More

Font Windows XP