volume control settings not in english

My volume control settings seem to have changed from the usual master volume
- wave - SWsynth -cdPlayer & Line In etc to
cd, micronfon,leitung,aux,video, modem and gesamtausgang

any ideas how to change them back?
5 answers Last reply
More about volume control settings english

    If recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound drivers or
    programs, you could try running System Restore and roll-back to the last
    time things were 'normal'. With a bit of luck, it should restore your
    settings.

    Mart

    "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My volume control settings seem to have changed from the usual master
    > volume
    > - wave - SWsynth -cdPlayer & Line In etc to
    > cd, micronfon,leitung,aux,video, modem and gesamtausgang
    >
    > any ideas how to change them back?

    Unfortunatly I don't have system restore activated on my pc, so has anyone
    got any other advice?

    "Mart" wrote:

    > If recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound drivers or
    > programs, you could try running System Restore and roll-back to the last
    > time things were 'normal'. With a bit of luck, it should restore your
    > settings.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My volume control settings seem to have changed from the usual master
    > > volume
    > > - wave - SWsynth -cdPlayer & Line In etc to
    > > cd, micronfon,leitung,aux,video, modem and gesamtausgang
    > >
    > > any ideas how to change them back?

    OK, so.. again if recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound
    drivers or programs AND as System Restore isn't working, you *might* get
    away with it using the scanreg /restore ploy. You could try reverting to the
    last 'good' registry prior to the problem happening, to see if that will
    bring things back again.

    Although it is possible do this in Normal and Safe Mode, under the
    circumstances I would suggest you do it in Real Mode DOS, using your WinMe
    Startup (floppy) Disk.

    Now try booting with your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk already inserted in
    the A: drive, and choose option 4) Minimal Boot.

    At the A:\> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and note the space
    between the g and /) then press Enter.

    Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST 'good' date BEFORE
    THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.

    Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the machine to
    reboot.

    Hopefully, that should get things working again - then re-activate your
    System Restore!!!!

    > Unfortunatly I don't have system restore activated on my pc, so has anyone
    > got any other advice?
    >
    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> If recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound drivers or
    >> programs, you could try running System Restore and roll-back to the last
    >> time things were 'normal'. With a bit of luck, it should restore your
    >> settings.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My volume control settings seem to have changed from the usual master
    >> > volume
    >> > - wave - SWsynth -cdPlayer & Line In etc to
    >> > cd, micronfon,leitung,aux,video, modem and gesamtausgang
    >> >
    >> > any ideas how to change them back?

    Thanks for the advice mart, but I don't have a floppy start up disc, just the
    cd that win me came on.

    "Mart" wrote:

    > OK, so.. again if recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound
    > drivers or programs AND as System Restore isn't working, you *might* get
    > away with it using the scanreg /restore ploy. You could try reverting to the
    > last 'good' registry prior to the problem happening, to see if that will
    > bring things back again.
    >
    > Although it is possible do this in Normal and Safe Mode, under the
    > circumstances I would suggest you do it in Real Mode DOS, using your WinMe
    > Startup (floppy) Disk.
    >
    > Now try booting with your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk already inserted in
    > the A: drive, and choose option 4) Minimal Boot.
    >
    > At the A:\> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and note the space
    > between the g and /) then press Enter.
    >
    > Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST 'good' date BEFORE
    > THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.
    >
    > Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the machine to
    > reboot.
    >
    > Hopefully, that should get things working again - then re-activate your
    > System Restore!!!!
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Unfortunatly I don't have system restore activated on my pc, so has anyone
    > > got any other advice?
    > >
    > > "Mart" wrote:
    > >
    > >> If recent AND you have not been trying to update your sound drivers or
    > >> programs, you could try running System Restore and roll-back to the last
    > >> time things were 'normal'. With a bit of luck, it should restore your
    > >> settings.
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    OK, so ... Two options :-

    1) Control Panel | Add\Remove Programs \ Startup Disk tab and follow
    on-screen instructions.

    2) Download a WinMe bootdisk making utility from www.bootdisk.com - But be
    sure to read the
    instructions on how to actually create the bootdisk from the download files.
    Don't just copy the download to a floppy disk, you need to run the download
    on your computer for it to actually create the Startup (floppy) disk.

    Good luck

    > Thanks for the advice mart, but I don't have a floppy start up disc, just
    > the
    > cd that win me came on.
    >
    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> OK, so.. again if recent AND you have not been trying to update your
    >> sound
    >> drivers or programs AND as System Restore isn't working, you *might* get
    >> away with it using the scanreg /restore ploy. You could try reverting to
    >> the
    >> last 'good' registry prior to the problem happening, to see if that will
    >> bring things back again.
    >>
    >> Although it is possible do this in Normal and Safe Mode, under the
    >> circumstances I would suggest you do it in Real Mode DOS, using your
    >> WinMe
    >> Startup (floppy) Disk.
    >>
    >> Now try booting with your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk already inserted
    >> in
    >> the A: drive, and choose option 4) Minimal Boot.
    >>
    >> At the A:\> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and note the space
    >> between the g and /) then press Enter.
    >>
    >> Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST 'good' date
    >> BEFORE
    >> THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.
    >>
    >> Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the machine to
    >> reboot.
    >>
    >> Hopefully, that should get things working again - then re-activate your
    >> System Restore!!!!
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "emmaljonesbz" <emmaljonesbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Unfortunatly I don't have system restore activated on my pc, so has
    >> > anyone
    >> > got any other advice?

Microsoft Windows