If I use an Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor at 800MHz FSB, can I
still use PC2100 memory? Would there be any problems? I was planning on
using 2 512MB sticks of PC2100 memory along with the 2.8 GHz 800MHZ FSB
processor.

Thanks

The use of that older SLOW memory will bottleneck your fast CPU. Why would
you want to do that?

--
DaveW

"Sm704" <sm7040@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I use an Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor at 800MHz FSB, can I
> still use PC2100 memory? Would there be any problems? I was planning on
> using 2 512MB sticks of PC2100 memory along with the 2.8 GHz 800MHZ FSB
> processor.
>
> Thanks

jad

cause he can't afford the new memory at this time.

> The use of that older SLOW memory will bottleneck your fast CPU. Why
> would you want to do that?
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Sm704" <sm7040@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If I use an Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor at 800MHz FSB, can I
>> still use PC2100 memory? Would there be any problems? I was planning on
>> using 2 512MB sticks of PC2100 memory along with the 2.8 GHz 800MHZ FSB
>> processor.
>>
>> Thanks

"Sm704" <sm7040@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I use an Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor at 800MHz FSB, can I
> still use PC2100 memory? Would there be any problems? I was planning on
> using 2 512MB sticks of PC2100 memory along with the 2.8 GHz 800MHZ FSB
> processor.
>
> Thanks

Probably not. Unless its very good ram.PC2100 is meant to run at 133 so you
would be trying to run it much faster than it was meant to run. You can
certainly try it. You won't break anything. If there is a VDIMM adjustment
in your motherboards BIOS it would help to raise it a tick or two.
You'll most likely need to buy some PC3200 DDR.

DaveW wrote:
> The use of that older SLOW memory will bottleneck your fast CPU. Why would
> you want to do that?

'cos he already has it? We know you're a lottery winner, but not
everyone is.