Blue screen

It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after having
done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
Walter
6 answers Last reply
More about blue screen

    "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:

    >It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after having
    >done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
    >Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
    >Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
    >Walter

    That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
    versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:

    A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
    + 000015A4

    The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
    vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
    error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
    However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
    Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
    it overnight to test your RAM:
    DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
    Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Sometimes, removing and reseating the memory modules will help.......heavy
    on the 'sometimes.'
    Heirloom, old and worth a
    try

    > "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:
    >
    >>It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
    >>having
    >>done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
    >>Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
    >>Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
    >>Walter
    >>

    > That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
    > versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:
    >
    > A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
    > + 000015A4
    >
    > The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
    > vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
    > error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
    > However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
    > Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
    > it overnight to test your RAM:
    > DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
    > Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    > Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    See if anything here helps.
    Joan

    http://www.aumha.org/kberrmsg.htm

    "ERROR: OE" or "ERROR: OD"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308366

    How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages [Q149962]
    http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q149962

    Here's a whole page on Windows Protection Errors, with a description, some
    key general articles for approaching them, and many articles focusing on
    specific situations: http://aumha.org/win4/kbewpe.htm

    "How to Examine Detailed Error Messages in Windows Millennium Edition"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264938

    Walter Van Bijlen wrote:
    > It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
    > having done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following
    > text : Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
    > Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
    > Walter

    Ron,

    I downloaded windiag.asp of microsoft. I created a startup disk (that
    contains only one file named WINDIAG with 247 kB).
    When I reboot my pc with this floppy disk, I get the message : DISK I/O
    ERROR.
    What is going wrong ?

    Walter

    "Ron Martell" <ron.martell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:
    >
    > >It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
    having
    > >done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
    > >Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
    > >Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
    > >Walter
    > >

    > That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
    > versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:
    >
    > A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
    > + 000015A4
    >
    > The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
    > vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
    > error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
    > However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
    > Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
    > it overnight to test your RAM:
    > DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
    > Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    > Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:

    >Ron,
    >
    >I downloaded windiag.asp of microsoft. I created a startup disk (that
    >contains only one file named WINDIAG with 247 kB).
    >When I reboot my pc with this floppy disk, I get the message : DISK I/O
    >ERROR.
    >What is going wrong ?

    Reformat the diskette and then try the disk creation again.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron,

    With a new formatted floppy there were no problems. Thanks a lot !!
    A first pass detected no problems. Will try the extended test later.

    > "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:
    >
    > >Ron,
    > >
    > >I downloaded windiag.asp of microsoft. I created a startup disk (that
    > >contains only one file named WINDIAG with 247 kB).
    > >When I reboot my pc with this floppy disk, I get the message : DISK I/O
    > >ERROR.
    > >What is going wrong ?
    > >

    > Reformat the diskette and then try the disk creation again.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Internet Explorer Blue Screen Microsoft Windows