Blue screen

It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after having
done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
Walter

"Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:

>It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after having
>done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
>Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
>Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
>Walter

That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:

A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
+ 000015A4

The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
it overnight to test your RAM:
DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Sometimes, removing and reseating the memory modules will help.......heavy
on the 'sometimes.'
Heirloom, old and worth a
try

> "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>>It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
>>having
>>done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
>>Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
>>Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
>>Walter
>>

> That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
> versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:
>
> A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
> + 000015A4
>
> The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
> vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
> error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
> However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
> Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
> it overnight to test your RAM:
> DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
> Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
> Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

See if anything here helps.
Joan

http://www.aumha.org/kberrmsg.htm

"ERROR: OE" or "ERROR: OD"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308366

How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages [Q149962]
http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q149962

Here's a whole page on Windows Protection Errors, with a description, some
key general articles for approaching them, and many articles focusing on
specific situations: http://aumha.org/win4/kbewpe.htm

"How to Examine Detailed Error Messages in Windows Millennium Edition"
;264938]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264938

Walter Van Bijlen wrote:
> It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
> having done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following
> text : Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
> Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
> Walter

Ron,

I downloaded windiag.asp of microsoft. I created a startup disk (that
contains only one file named WINDIAG with 247 kB).
When I reboot my pc with this floppy disk, I get the message : DISK I/O
ERROR.
What is going wrong ?

Walter

"Ron Martell" <ron.martell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> "Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:
>
> >It happens regulary that, when I want to open Internet Explorer after
having
> >done some other jobs, that I get a blue creen with following text :
> >Filename : VCACHE (01) + 000015A4 Error : OE : 0028 : C004EC40
> >Can someone explain me what causes this blue screen ?
> >Walter
> >

> That error message is the Windows Me format for what in earlier
> versions of Windows (95/98) would have read:
>
> A Fatal Exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C004EC40 in module VCACHE(01)
> + 000015A4
>
> The only documented instance of a fatal exception 0E error in module
> vcache is attributed to defective RAM. The article describing that
> error uses a different address that what your error is reporting.
> However you should still run a good memory diagnostic just to be sure.
> Download one of the following free memory diagnostic testers and run
> it overnight to test your RAM:
> DocMemory http://www.simmtester.com
> Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
> Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/vxcz
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Walter Van Bijlen" <walter.vb@telenet.be> wrote:

>Ron,
>
>I downloaded windiag.asp of microsoft. I created a startup disk (that
>contains only one file named WINDIAG with 247 kB).
>When I reboot my pc with this floppy disk, I get the message : DISK I/O
>ERROR.
>What is going wrong ?

Reformat the diskette and then try the disk creation again.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Ron,

With a new formatted floppy there were no problems. Thanks a lot !!
A first pass detected no problems. Will try the extended test later.