How to set up Antec Aria CD-ROM panel?

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 20, 2005 5:07:35 PM

Hi, all,

I just assembled a PC in an Antec Aria case. I have one problem I
haven't solved yet, though, and I am hoping someone in the group has
built with one of these cases before.

I cannot figure out how to set up the front 5.25" panel cover (a small
rectangular piece of balck plastic) with my CD-R. I thought it should
swing open when the tray emerges and swing back up as the tray recedes
- but I'm darned if I see how to hook it up. Has anyone done this?
Would you mind sharing?

TIA -

Kind regards,
jh
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 21, 2005 2:17:53 AM

In article <1114027655.690640.264660@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
jared says...
> Hi, all,
>
> I just assembled a PC in an Antec Aria case. I have one problem I
> haven't solved yet, though, and I am hoping someone in the group has
> built with one of these cases before.
>
> I cannot figure out how to set up the front 5.25" panel cover (a small
> rectangular piece of balck plastic) with my CD-R. I thought it should
> swing open when the tray emerges and swing back up as the tray recedes
> - but I'm darned if I see how to hook it up. Has anyone done this?
> Would you mind sharing?

As far as I'm aware, you don't. When the drive opens, it pushes the
panel down and when it retracts, the panel returns. You have to use
whatever option it is in the OS you're using to open the CD rather than
pressing the front panel button.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
April 22, 2005 10:28:48 AM

Hmm...sounds like there should be some sort of spring on the door.
Perhaps that's what is wrong or missing. Thank you!

Kind regards,
jh
!