How to set up Antec Aria CD-ROM panel?

Hi, all,

I just assembled a PC in an Antec Aria case. I have one problem I
haven't solved yet, though, and I am hoping someone in the group has
built with one of these cases before.

I cannot figure out how to set up the front 5.25" panel cover (a small
rectangular piece of balck plastic) with my CD-R. I thought it should
swing open when the tray emerges and swing back up as the tray recedes
- but I'm darned if I see how to hook it up. Has anyone done this?
Would you mind sharing?

TIA -

Kind regards,
jh
2 answers Last reply
More about antec aria panel

    In article <1114027655.690640.264660@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    jared says...
    > Hi, all,
    >
    > I just assembled a PC in an Antec Aria case. I have one problem I
    > haven't solved yet, though, and I am hoping someone in the group has
    > built with one of these cases before.
    >
    > I cannot figure out how to set up the front 5.25" panel cover (a small
    > rectangular piece of balck plastic) with my CD-R. I thought it should
    > swing open when the tray emerges and swing back up as the tray recedes
    > - but I'm darned if I see how to hook it up. Has anyone done this?
    > Would you mind sharing?

    As far as I'm aware, you don't. When the drive opens, it pushes the
    panel down and when it retracts, the panel returns. You have to use
    whatever option it is in the OS you're using to open the CD rather than
    pressing the front panel button.

    --
    Conor

    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

    Hmm...sounds like there should be some sort of spring on the door.
    Perhaps that's what is wrong or missing. Thank you!

    Kind regards,
    jh

Homebuilt Antec CD-Rom Systems