ram won't work in original system but works in another

I have 2 systems.
One has 128 MB ram, the other has 32.

The 128 MB was super slow so I ran windows memory diagnostic and it
showed that the MOving Inversions test was failing.

I then took the ram of both systems and put the 128 MB into the other
computer.

Now the 128 MB passes all tests.
So It's not the RAM, but perhaps the mem. controller that's going
bad?
I guess I need a new motherboard ???
Thanks
Alan

"hessaacd" <hessaacd@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I have 2 systems.
> One has 128 MB ram, the other has 32.
>
> The 128 MB was super slow so I ran windows memory diagnostic and it
> showed that the MOving Inversions test was failing.
>
> I then took the ram of both systems and put the 128 MB into the other
> computer.
>
> Now the 128 MB passes all tests.
> So It's not the RAM, but perhaps the mem. controller that's going
> bad?
> I guess I need a new motherboard ???
> Thanks
> Alan

Are you using same memory timings in both systems? More info please.
Mike.

Well, the problem fixed itself?! The memory passes memtest86 and
windows memory diagnostic in the computer whose mo/b(ord i thought
was messed up.

I guess there was a contact issue that was resolved by moving the
parts around.

th@Nx
alan