Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WinTasks 5 Professional

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:44:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with 'Uniblue':
*WinTasks 5 Professional*,
a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.

Harry.

More about : wintasks professional

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 3:55:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Harry wrote :-

> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?

Dunno Harry, but I've managed without it all these years.

Mart


"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
news:uKmWRvKuFHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with 'Uniblue':
> *WinTasks 5 Professional*,
> a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
> I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
> Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.
>
> Harry.
>
>
September 14, 2005 4:07:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Well put, Mart!

Shane

Mart wrote:
> Harry wrote :-
>
>> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
>
> Dunno Harry, but I've managed without it all these years.
>
> Mart
>
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:uKmWRvKuFHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with
>> 'Uniblue': *WinTasks 5 Professional*,
>> a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
>> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
>> I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
>> Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.
>>
>> Harry.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:23:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
--
Mike


Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well put, Mart!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:33:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
BEFORE he posts his next fault report.

Mart


"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
> --
> Mike
>
>
> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well put, Mart!
>
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:33:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well on your
way to a very dependable means of back up.
Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
Heirloom, old and have an eicar test string
I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!


"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
>BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>
> Mart
>
>
> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
>> --
>> Mike
>>
>>
>> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well put, Mart!
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:33:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Uninstall it, Mart?
I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was worth
buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.

Harry


"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>
> Mart
>
>
> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> >
> > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Well put, Mart!
> >
>
>
September 14, 2005 4:33:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

In news:%23C1so$LuFHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Heirloom <roland58XX@XXcox.net> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
> Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
> Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well
> on your way to a very dependable means of back up.
> Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
> Heirloom, old and have an eicar test
> string I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!
>
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to
>> uninstall it BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>>
>> Mart
>>
>>
>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
>> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
>>> --
>>> Mike
>>>
>>>
>>> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Well put, Mart!

There's a lot to be said about a bare metal restore option... Acronis is
my, after much research and testing and spending of cash, application of
choice.

Galen
--

"You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."

Sherlock Holmes
September 14, 2005 4:33:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown* program,
make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
grief.

Heather
"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
news:uSAU0FMuFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
> Uninstall it, Mart?
> I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was
> worth
> buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
> I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
> The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
> Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
>
> Harry
>
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
>> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>>
>> Mart
>>
>>
>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
>> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
>> > --
>> > Mike
>> >
>> >
>> > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Well put, Mart!
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 5:28:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
> program, make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save
> you a lot of grief.

What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if we ask
nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.
--
Mike
September 14, 2005 5:28:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

ROFL!! I often wonder where on earth he finds them. Why pay when there
are so many good freebies out there? That is my frugal Scottish/Cumbrian
ancestry talking, lol.

Cheers..Heather
"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
news:uYcRWfSuFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>
>> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
>> program, make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save
>> you a lot of grief.
>
> What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
> add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if we ask
> nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.
> --
> Mike
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 6:50:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Mike M <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote:

> What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
> add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if
> we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.

add-pm = add-in
--
Mike
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:14:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

ROFL
Joan



Mike M wrote:
>
> What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
> add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if
> we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:35:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Mike wrote :-

> ..... I'm sure that if we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a
> few.

I'd be a bit surprised that with all the eye candy and gismos Harry has
running (or has tried) on his machine, he would ever have time to run the
more mundane things like Notepad, Paint and even WordPad - (although I
suspect that we all go/went through that phase at some point <g>)

But Harry can't half do 'utilities' - I'm sure he has the T-shirt, he's sure
earned it!

Mart
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 1:08:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!


"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
news:eQLunONuFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown* program,
> make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
> grief.
>
> Heather
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:uSAU0FMuFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >
> > Uninstall it, Mart?
> > I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was
> > worth
> > buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
> > I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
> > The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
> > Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
> >
> > Harry
> >
> >
> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall
it
> >> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>
> >>
> >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> >> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
> >> > --
> >> > Mike
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Well put, Mart!
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
September 15, 2005 1:17:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Let me see.......would "NOMA" be Xmas tree lights? If so, you are a tad
early. Or 9 months late. Take your pick. (G) >>>>>>>>>>>>>><>!!

"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
news:%230sxqFZuFHA.1572@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
> NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!
>
>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> news:eQLunONuFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
>> program,
>> make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
>> grief.
>>
>> Heather
>> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>> news:uSAU0FMuFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >
>> > Uninstall it, Mart?
>> > I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was
>> > worth
>> > buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
>> > I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
>> > The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
>> > Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
>> >
>> > Harry
>> >
>> >
>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> > news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall
> it
>> >> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>> >>
>> >> Mart
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
>> >> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> >> > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
>> >> > --
>> >> > Mike
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Well put, Mart!
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 1:31:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

*Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?


"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
news:uGRf1MZuFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Let me see.......would "NOMA" be Xmas tree lights? If so, you are a tad
> early. Or 9 months late. Take your pick. (G) >>>>>>>>>>>>>><>!!
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:%230sxqFZuFHA.1572@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >
> > NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!
> >
> >
> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> > news:eQLunONuFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
> >> program,
> >> make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot
of
> >> grief.
> >>
> >> Heather
> >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >> news:uSAU0FMuFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> >
> >> > Uninstall it, Mart?
> >> > I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it
was
> >> > worth
> >> > buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
> >> > I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
> >> > The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
> >> > Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
> >> >
> >> > Harry
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> > news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> >> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to
uninstall
> > it
> >> >> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
> >> >>
> >> >> Mart
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> >> >> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> >> > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
> >> >> > --
> >> >> > Mike
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> Well put, Mart!
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:11:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

I have to agree, Galen. And BTW, love your little Sherlock quotes.
Heirloom, old and needs more taste

"Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o jzEd8MuFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> In news:%23C1so$LuFHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Heirloom <roland58XX@XXcox.net> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
>> Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
>> Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
>> Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well
>> on your way to a very dependable means of back up.
>> Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
>> Heirloom, old and have an eicar test
>> string I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!
>>
>>
>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> news:%23dPaKuLuFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to
>>> uninstall it BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>
>>>
>>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
>>> news:o VKE5oLuFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
>>>> --
>>>> Mike
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Well put, Mart!
>
> There's a lot to be said about a bare metal restore option... Acronis is
> my, after much research and testing and spending of cash, application of
> choice.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:20:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

In addition to the well known "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I must add
one, gleaned from a very old college professor of mine. His mantra was,
"The simplest machine, that will do the job adequately, is the best." The
"KISS" principle. Holds true with most anything.....the more parts
something has (be they hardware or software), the more chance there is for
something to go wrong.
Heirloom, old and wrong just ain't
right


"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:umAEgmTuFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Mike wrote :-
>
>> ..... I'm sure that if we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a
>> few.
>
> I'd be a bit surprised that with all the eye candy and gismos Harry has
> running (or has tried) on his machine, he would ever have time to run the
> more mundane things like Notepad, Paint and even WordPad - (although I
> suspect that we all go/went through that phase at some point <g>)
>
> But Harry can't half do 'utilities' - I'm sure he has the T-shirt, he's
> sure earned it!
>
> Mart
>
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:38:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

> *Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?

Funny you should mention that Harry as that is exactly what many of us
here have been asking ourselves.
--
Mike
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:38:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Funnier yet, it isn't mine that are at stake here.
Maybe a mirror would help.


"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
news:o IBdrYZuFHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
>
> > *Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?
>
> Funny you should mention that Harry as that is exactly what many of us
> here have been asking ourselves.
> --
> Mike
>
>
>
!