WinTasks 5 Professional

This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with 'Uniblue':
*WinTasks 5 Professional*,
a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.

Harry.
20 answers Last reply
More about wintasks professional

    Harry wrote :-

    > Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?

    Dunno Harry, but I've managed without it all these years.

    Mart

    > This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with 'Uniblue':
    > *WinTasks 5 Professional*,
    > a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
    > Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
    > I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
    > Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.
    >
    > Harry.

    Well put, Mart!

    Shane

    Mart wrote:
    > Harry wrote :-
    >
    >> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
    >
    > Dunno Harry, but I've managed without it all these years.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    >> This one just released by "a-squared", after partnering with
    >> 'Uniblue': *WinTasks 5 Professional*,
    >> a power utility aimed at security first and then some.
    >> Is the discounted price of $29.97 worth it?
    >> I have a-squared installed and working for me quite nicely.
    >> Any opinions on this newbee are most welcome.
    >>
    >> Harry.

    Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
    --
    Mike

    Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Well put, Mart!

    I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
    BEFORE he posts his next fault report.

    Mart

    > Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
    > --
    > Mike
    >

    > Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Well put, Mart!

    Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
    Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
    Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well on your
    way to a very dependable means of back up.
    Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
    Heirloom, old and have an eicar test string
    I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall it
    >BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    >> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
    >> --
    >> Mike
    >>

    >> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well put, Mart!

    Uninstall it, Mart?
    I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was worth
    buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
    I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
    The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
    Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.

    Harry

    In news:%23C1so$LuFHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Heirloom <roland58XX@XXcox.net> had this to say:

    > Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
    > Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
    > Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well
    > on your way to a very dependable means of back up.
    > Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
    > Heirloom, old and have an eicar test
    > string I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!
    >

    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to
    >> uninstall it BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    >>> Indeed. My sentiments exactly!
    >>> --
    >>> Mike

    There's a lot to be said about a bare metal restore option... Acronis is
    my, after much research and testing and spending of cash, application of
    choice.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown* program,
    make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
    grief.

    Heather

    Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:

    > Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
    > program, make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save
    > you a lot of grief.

    What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
    add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if we ask
    nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.
    --
    Mike

    ROFL!! I often wonder where on earth he finds them. Why pay when there
    are so many good freebies out there? That is my frugal Scottish/Cumbrian
    ancestry talking, lol.

    Cheers..Heather
    > Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:
    >
    >> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
    >> program, make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save
    >> you a lot of grief.
    >
    > What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
    > add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if we ask
    > nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.
    > --
    > Mike

    Mike M <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote:

    > What's a restore point? Surely there has to be a better third party
    > add-pm costing $30-50 that can do the job better! I'm sure that if
    > we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a few.

    add-pm = add-in
    --
    Mike

    ROFL
    Joan

    Mike wrote :-

    > ..... I'm sure that if we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a
    > few.

    I'd be a bit surprised that with all the eye candy and gismos Harry has
    running (or has tried) on his machine, he would ever have time to run the
    more mundane things like Notepad, Paint and even WordPad - (although I
    suspect that we all go/went through that phase at some point <g>)

    But Harry can't half do 'utilities' - I'm sure he has the T-shirt, he's sure
    earned it!

    Mart

    NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
    > Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown* program,
    > make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
    > grief.
    >
    > Heather
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Uninstall it, Mart?
    > > I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was
    > > worth
    > > buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
    > > I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
    > > The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
    > > Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
    > >
    > > Harry
    > >

    > > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > >> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to uninstall
    it
    > >> BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message

    Let me see.......would "NOMA" be Xmas tree lights? If so, you are a tad
    early. Or 9 months late. Take your pick. (G) >>>>>>>>>>>>>><>!!

    > NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!
    >

    > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
    >> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
    >> program,
    >> make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot of
    >> grief.
    >>
    >> Heather
    >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Uninstall it, Mart?
    >> > I don't recall saying anything about installation, just whether it was
    >> > worth
    >> > buying for that price, even though I prefer freeware myself.
    >> > I am glad the *sentiments* are on even keel here.
    >> > The moral of the story: "Hands Off" (at least in these circles).
    >> > Thanks to the three of you, wait, now it's four.
    >> >
    >> > Harry
    >> >

    >> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > it

    *Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?

    > Let me see.......would "NOMA" be Xmas tree lights? If so, you are a tad
    > early. Or 9 months late. Take your pick. (G) >>>>>>>>>>>>>><>!!
    >
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > NOMA, *Figgs*, >>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>><>!
    > >

    > > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
    > >> Make that FIVE!! And if you ever decide to download an *unknown*
    > >> program,
    > >> make sure you make a Restore Point first.....that will save you a lot
    of
    > >> grief.
    > >>
    > >> Heather
    > >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

    > > it

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I have to agree, Galen. And BTW, love your little Sherlock quotes.
    Heirloom, old and needs more taste

    > In news:%23C1so$LuFHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Heirloom <roland58XX@XXcox.net> had this to say:

    >> Still on that never ending quest for the "magic wand"...........
    >> Just a thought.......for $30, you could almost get Acronis True
    >> Image.......save up a few more for another HD and you would be well
    >> on your way to a very dependable means of back up.
    >> Nah! Dumb idea.......this is waaaaay more fun.
    >> Heirloom, old and have an eicar test
    >> string I'll sell for $29.97, w/free shipping!!!
    >>

    >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >>> I just hope that if Harry does succumb, then he remembers to
    >>> uninstall it BEFORE he posts his next fault report.
    >>>
    >>> Mart
    >>>

    >>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message

    > There's a lot to be said about a bare metal restore option... Acronis is
    > my, after much research and testing and spending of cash, application of
    > choice.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
    > trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
    > come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    In addition to the well known "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I must add
    one, gleaned from a very old college professor of mine. His mantra was,
    "The simplest machine, that will do the job adequately, is the best." The
    "KISS" principle. Holds true with most anything.....the more parts
    something has (be they hardware or software), the more chance there is for
    something to go wrong.
    Heirloom, old and wrong just ain't
    right

    > Mike wrote :-
    >
    >> ..... I'm sure that if we ask nicely Harry will be able to recommend a
    >> few.
    >
    > I'd be a bit surprised that with all the eye candy and gismos Harry has
    > running (or has tried) on his machine, he would ever have time to run the
    > more mundane things like Notepad, Paint and even WordPad - (although I
    > suspect that we all go/went through that phase at some point <g>)
    >
    > But Harry can't half do 'utilities' - I'm sure he has the T-shirt, he's
    > sure earned it!
    >
    > Mart

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

    > *Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?

    Funny you should mention that Harry as that is exactly what many of us
    here have been asking ourselves.
    --
    Mike
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Funnier yet, it isn't mine that are at stake here.
    Maybe a mirror would help.

    > webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
    >
    > > *Lights* is right, but how do we get them to come on?
    >
    > Funny you should mention that Harry as that is exactly what many of us
    > here have been asking ourselves.
    > --
    > Mike

Microsoft Windows