Case with 5 Fans - hot to configure them?

2 quick fan questions:

1) My case has holes cut for one fan in front, 2 on the left side
panel, 1 in the rear, and 1 on the top. Which of these 5 fans are
intake and which are exhaust ??

I know tfront is intake and the top is a blower (exhaust) - but I am
not sure about the other 3 fans.

2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.

TIA !!

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:47:50 -0400 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants Ken Roberts <> wrote :

>2 quick fan questions:
>
>1) My case has holes cut for one fan in front, 2 on the left side
>panel, 1 in the rear, and 1 on the top. Which of these 5 fans are
>intake and which are exhaust ??
>
>I know tfront is intake and the top is a blower (exhaust) - but I am
>not sure about the other 3 fans.
>
>2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
>look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
>"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
>outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
>for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.
>
>TIA !!

There's a point of diminishing returns with,"Case-Fans".Too many can
actually hinder proper cooling by causing incorrect virtices inside.
Don't get hung up on CPU temps.So long as they are within spec for the
CPU spend your money on something better.I run an O/C AMD XP 1800 and
have done for a couple of years with 1 back case fan and a decent but
cheap HS and never have heat problems.

Note:The ambient temperature of the area where the case is is as
important as correct cooling inside the case.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

> 1) My case has holes cut for one fan in front, 2 on the left side
> panel, 1 in the rear, and 1 on the top. Which of these 5 fans are
> intake and which are exhaust ??
>
> I know tfront is intake and the top is a blower (exhaust) - but I am
> not sure about the other 3 fans.

1) Front fan: intake
2) Rear fan: exhaust
3) Top fan: exhaust