UP AND RUNNING ON XP!!!!!

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hi All.....

Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of tweaking to
do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and Noel for their
patience and help.

You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager would
kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and almost
went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to go for
it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly translucent with
neon lights tho.

Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this keyboard at
the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on the WinME computer
and I can access that now. What a hassle it is, though. I got the new one
yesterday, but didn't know where to start in. So the office looks like a
whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging everything. And finally getting rid of
some of the clutter.

I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is driving
me nuts!!

FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change it to
Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.

Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates Norton
too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried and to use
one of the freebies.

Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have some
programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and I have
InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.

Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.

Cheers.....Heather

Yay, Figglet! You realize, of course, that even with XP SP2, you still
need to 'graze' here. Your case sounds like the one I have......is it an
Antec Lanboy??
Heirloom, old and the world is about to change

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi All.....
>
> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of tweaking
> to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and Noel for their
> patience and help.
>
> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager
> would kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and almost
> went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to go for
> it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly translucent with
> neon lights tho.
>
> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this keyboard at
> the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on the WinME
> computer and I can access that now. What a hassle it is, though. I got
> the new one yesterday, but didn't know where to start in. So the office
> looks like a whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging everything. And finally
> getting rid of some of the clutter.
>
> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is
> driving me nuts!!
>
> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change it
> to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>
> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates Norton
> too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried and to
> use one of the freebies.
>
> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have
> some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and I
> have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>
> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Heather:

Happy XPeeeeeeeing! (VBG)
You beat me to it but, according to Mike I have about a year to go since
I bought my copy. So, I still have a chance to get in under your record.
I have all kinds of hardware sitting around here to upgrade my machine
and have just been too lazy to dig in and get it done. Meanwhile, I will
still be lurking around and enjoying the fun spirit of this group.

sced13ri

Heather wrote:
> Hi All.....
>
> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of tweaking to
> do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and Noel for their
> patience and help.
>
> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager would
> kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and almost
> went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to go for
> it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly translucent with
> neon lights tho.
>
> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this keyboard at
> the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on the WinME computer
> and I can access that now. What a hassle it is, though. I got the new one
> yesterday, but didn't know where to start in. So the office looks like a
> whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging everything. And finally getting rid of
> some of the clutter.
>
> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is driving
> me nuts!!
>
> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change it to
> Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>
> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates Norton
> too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried and to use
> one of the freebies.
>
> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have some
> programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and I have
> InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>
> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Yo Loon........of course I will still be 'grazing' here.....can't leave all
the good folks we have been with for 4.5 years!! And hopefully I will still
be able to keep WinME working, but that ground lightning hit did more than I
thought and it is really complaining. The name on the front is "XBlade" and
the cardboard box says "Turbo Case:...generic Asian one I guess. I will
find a link and show it to you. I got the card reader floppy drive, as
well. Not quite sure what all I have on here. Willy being a man of few
words, grin. Didn't get a router or the jump drive as of yet. But all of
my other computer is backed up and I just transfer stuff over from CD's.

Think the XP groups are ready for me? LOL!!

XX Figgs

"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> Yay, Figglet! You realize, of course, that even with XP SP2, you still
> need to 'graze' here. Your case sounds like the one I have......is it an
> Antec Lanboy??
> Heirloom, old and the world is about to change
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi All.....
>>
>> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of tweaking
>> to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and Noel for their
>> patience and help.
>>
>> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager
>> would kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
>> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and
>> almost went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to go
>> for it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly translucent
>> with neon lights tho.
>>
>> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this keyboard
>> at the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on the WinME
>> computer and I can access that now. What a hassle it is, though. I got
>> the new one yesterday, but didn't know where to start in. So the office
>> looks like a whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging everything. And
>> finally getting rid of some of the clutter.
>>
>> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is
>> driving me nuts!!
>>
>> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
>> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change it
>> to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>>
>> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
>> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
>> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates Norton
>> too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried and to
>> use one of the freebies.
>>
>> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have
>> some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and I
>> have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>>
>> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
>> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather

Shane

> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar.

<g>

> have some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just
> checked and I have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.

Well, that means you have Nero, which is the one to celebrate. Nero 6,
presumably? InCD - as packet-writing software - is not to be trusted with
irreplaceable data. Funny, I finally got a Mt. Rainier-capable drive and I
never use packet-writing anymore!

Shane

Congratulations even if it did take you a while. I seem to recall you got
your copy of XP back in, dare I mention it, April 2003, yes 2003!

Joking apart I wish you well and don't forget us here on the Win Me boards
whilst living it up on XP. As for your new hardware, let's hope it's now
all roses - you deserve some luck after your recent problems. As for
myself my new PC is, well isn't, however a new mobo is due tomorrow which
will hopefully mean that at long last I can get things up and running.

Cheers,
--
Mike

Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Hi All.....
>
> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of
> tweaking to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and
> Noel for their patience and help.
>
> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager
> would kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and
> almost went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to
> go for it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly
> translucent with neon lights tho.
>
> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this
> keyboard at the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on
> the WinME computer and I can access that now. What a hassle it is,
> though. I got the new one yesterday, but didn't know where to start
> in. So the office looks like a whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging
> everything. And finally getting rid of some of the clutter.
>
> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is
> driving me nuts!!
>
> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I
> hate this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything.
> Change it to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>
> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he
> hates Norton too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't
> worried and to use one of the freebies.
>
> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I
> have some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just
> checked and I have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>
> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Yup....April of 2003, grin. I took a look at the paperwork before I took
the CD's over to Willy. And no way am I forgetting you all. Still running
my slightly wonky WinME.....froze on me again today. I think I got this new
computer just in time. I have 95% of it backed up, but there are silly
things like all my Bookmarks I want to transfer over, etc.

Sorry to hear you got a *bummer* motherboard. That sounds more like MY
luck!! (G) I guess I will toddle over to one of the XP groups and lurk for
a bit. I was just meandering thru the programs on here and will have to
register a few of them, I guess. Power DVD is on here....not sure what
version of Nero I have. No "Help" that I can find. There are other
programs that I don't have a clue what they are, but will investigate.

Still have speakers, printer and scanner to hook up....and put the software
on. I told Willy that if anything involved drivers, he could do it. They
are *my phobia*....he got a kick out of that!! I remember you telling me to
take a couple of days to get used to XP.....you are right!! Think I started
in on this around noon or sooner. Ron held all the cords while I untangled
everything, lol. Apparently I can still use my cable on WinME, so that may
come in handy. Flying blind here.

Cheers.....Heather
> Congratulations even if it did take you a while. I seem to recall you got
> your copy of XP back in, dare I mention it, April 2003, yes 2003!
>
> Joking apart I wish you well and don't forget us here on the Win Me boards
> whilst living it up on XP. As for your new hardware, let's hope it's now
> all roses - you deserve some luck after your recent problems. As for
> myself my new PC is, well isn't, however a new mobo is due tomorrow which
> will hopefully mean that at long last I can get things up and running.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Mike
>

> Heather <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>
>> Hi All.....
>>
>> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of
>> tweaking to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and
>> Noel for their patience and help.
>>
>> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager
>> would kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
>> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and
>> almost went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to
>> go for it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly
>> translucent with neon lights tho.
>>
>> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this
>> keyboard at the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on
>> the WinME computer and I can access that now. What a hassle it is,
>> though. I got the new one yesterday, but didn't know where to start
>> in. So the office looks like a whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging
>> everything. And finally getting rid of some of the clutter.
>>
>> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is
>> driving me nuts!!
>>
>> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I
>> hate this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything.
>> Change it to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>>
>> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
>> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
>> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he
>> hates Norton too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't
>> worried and to use one of the freebies.
>>
>> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I
>> have some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just
>> checked and I have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>>
>> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
>> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather

Yippee!! - ... and about time too!

Mart

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi All.....
>
> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of tweaking
> to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and Noel for their
> patience and help.
>
> You should see the case that Willy picked out for me.......a teenager
> would kill for it, lol!! Black and silver with royal blue lights
> glowing....ROFL!! When he first showed me it, I damn near died and almost
> went to boring beige. But Ron thought it would be fun and to go for
> it.....so I did. Didn't know I would get one side partly translucent with
> neon lights tho.
>
> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this keyboard at
> the moment. Put my old Windows95 monitor (about 14") on the WinME
> computer and I can access that now. What a hassle it is, though. I got
> the new one yesterday, but didn't know where to start in. So the office
> looks like a whirlwind hit it as I am rearranging everything. And finally
> getting rid of some of the clutter.
>
> I think I am going to really enjoy this......but the dam keyboard is
> driving me nuts!!
>
> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change it
> to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>
> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates Norton
> too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried and to
> use one of the freebies.
>
> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have
> some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and I
> have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>
> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/AT-08000.html
would seem to be the one, Figgs?

WTG, BTW! - have fun!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> [...]
>>> driving me nuts!!
>>>
>>> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
>>> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change
>>> it to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>>>
>>> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
>>> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
>>> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates
>>> Norton too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried
>>> and to use one of the freebies.
>>>
>>> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have
>>> some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and
>>> I have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>>>
>>> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
>>> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

YES!! Isn't that wild?? Or have I been housebound too long and lots of
people have this?? Nah. Willy thot it was a fun thing to set me up with
something a teenager would love!!

Having fun......just found one bug in OE that was driving me nuts. Now on
to the next thing or ten.

XX Figgs

> http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/AT-08000.html
> would seem to be the one, Figgs?
>
> WTG, BTW! - have fun!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
>> Yo Loon........of course I will still be 'grazing' here.....can't leave
>> all the good folks we have been with for 4.5 years!! And hopefully I
>> will still be able to keep WinME working, but that ground lightning hit
>> did more than I thought and it is really complaining. The name on the
>> front is "XBlade" and the cardboard box says "Turbo Case:...generic Asian
>> one I guess. I will find a link and show it to you. I got the card
>> reader floppy drive, as well. Not quite sure what all I have on here.
>> Willy being a man of few words, grin. Didn't get a router or the jump
>> drive as of yet. But all of my other computer is backed up and I just
>> transfer stuff over from CD's.
>>
>> Think the XP groups are ready for me? LOL!!
>>
>> XX Figgs
>>
>> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
>>> Yay, Figglet! You realize, of course, that even with XP SP2, you still
>>> need to 'graze' here. Your case sounds like the one I have......is it
>>> an Antec Lanboy??
>>> Heirloom, old and the world is about to
>>> change
>>>

>>> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Oh....and the front opens like a door where that *motorcycle insignia* is,
lol. Floppy and 3 empty slots behind it. And I have EIGHT USB slots.
After two, that is excellent!! And the multi-card reader in the floppy
drive that you suggested.

XX Figgs
> http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/AT-08000.html
> would seem to be the one, Figgs?
>
> WTG, BTW! - have fun!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
>> Yo Loon........of course I will still be 'grazing' here.....can't leave
>> all the good folks we have been with for 4.5 years!! And hopefully I
>> will still be able to keep WinME working, but that ground lightning hit
>> did more than I thought and it is really complaining. The name on the
>> front is "XBlade" and the cardboard box says "Turbo Case:...generic Asian
>> one I guess. I will find a link and show it to you. I got the card
>> reader floppy drive, as well. Not quite sure what all I have on here.
>> Willy being a man of few words, grin. Didn't get a router or the jump
>> drive as of yet. But all of my other computer is backed up and I just
>> transfer stuff over from CD's.
>>
>> Think the XP groups are ready for me? LOL!!
>>
>> XX Figgs
>>
>> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
>>> Yay, Figglet! You realize, of course, that even with XP SP2, you still
>>> need to 'graze' here. Your case sounds like the one I have......is it
>>> an Antec Lanboy??
>>> Heirloom, old and the world is about to
>>> change
>>>

>>> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message

<lol> I've already answered your other posts in the other groups about
this but well done, I told you that you would like it when you finally got
there.
Knowing you I don't think you'll have any problems in the XP ng's in fact
I think you're more than a match for some of the regulars in there <vbg>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Hi All.....
>
> Been a long bloody day, but am now up and running (with a lot of
> tweaking to do) on XP!! FINALLY!! My special thanks to Mike and
> Noel for their patience and help.
>
>snip>

<lol> Just had another thought, I hope you keep a good supply of batteries
in the house as my understanding is that your new mouse and keyboard will
eat them <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Hi All.....
>

> Got a wireless keyboard and mouse.....hard to get used to this
> keyboard at the moment. >snip>

Shane

Mine lasted about 3 months in the mouse and 1 year in the keyboard, Joan.
Now, though, I use rechargables. It's really not a reason to be wary of
going cordless. Plus you get warning and everyone sells AA's.

Shane

From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com>

| Mine lasted about 3 months in the mouse and 1 year in the keyboard, Joan.
| Now, though, I use rechargables. It's really not a reason to be wary of
| going cordless. Plus you get warning and everyone sells AA's.
|
| Shane

Alkaline batteries have a relatively short life. Lithium batteries on the other hand,
albeit more expensive @ ~$2.50 / AA battery, last much longer. EverReady Lithium batteries
come in AA and AAA.

Highly suggested !

{ If you have a Digital Camera, don't even waste your time with Alkaline Batteries, use
Lithium ! }

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

<lol> That's not bad but I suppose it depends on how much you use them and
it would be typical for Heathers to run out when the shops are closed <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Mine lasted about 3 months in the mouse and 1 year in the keyboard,
> Joan. Now, though, I use rechargables. It's really not a reason to be
> wary of going cordless. Plus you get warning and everyone sells AA's.
>
> Shane

I use rechargeable in my Digital Camera although the normal AA ones came
in useful last year when the rechargeable ones didn't have enough power to
take the last shots I needed while in the Mountain Zoo, just went to the
site shop got some ordinary ones and managed to get the last pictures I
needed <g>
Joan

David H. Lipman wrote:

> Alkaline batteries have a relatively short life. Lithium batteries
> on the other hand, albeit more expensive @ ~$2.50 / AA battery, last
> much longer. EverReady Lithium batteries come in AA and AAA.
>
> Highly suggested !
>
> { If you have a Digital Camera, don't even waste your time with
> Alkaline Batteries, use Lithium ! }

No need, I've seen the Turbo XBlade.........pretty funky stuff for an old
broad......<g>.
Heirloom, old and much tamer

> [...]
>>> driving me nuts!!
>>>
>>> FIRST QUESTION: How do I change the font in Outlook Express???? I hate
>>> this courier font. I put in Arial but it didn't do anything. Change
>>> it to Western ISO? It is set at Western Windows IIRC.
>>>
>>> Yes, Mike and Noel......I made sure SP2 Firewall was on, grin. And I
>>> transferred EZ Trust over via CD and opened it before going online. Got
>>> AdAware & SpywareBlaster on here as well. Willy admitted he hates
>>> Norton too and said I knew so much about malware that he wasn't worried
>>> and to use one of the freebies.
>>>
>>> Aha....just found QuickLaunch toolbar. Will get that on here. I have
>>> some programs that I don't know what they are. OH.....just checked and
>>> I have InCD....neat!! I recall you guys talking about it.
>>>
>>> Off to have a bite to eat. Been at this since noon and Ron is making
>>> supper. I forgot the real world existed, lol.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got much
that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a flippin' war
zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.

Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade in*, lol.
Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the guys on the OE
one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.

Cheers......Figgs

From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam>

| Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got much
| that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a flippin' war
| zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.
|
| Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade in*, lol.
| Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the guys on the OE
| one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.
|
| Cheers......Figgs

There are many newbies in XP General and "so called know it alls" who really don't know
much. Many in WinmE and Win98 are knowledgable and have used systems for years. There are
many in XP General who get new computers with WinXP installed and screw up their computers
from sheer stupidity and and a complete lack of computing knowledge. Therefore thare are
many *idiots* in WinXP General.

However, your ability to pen and communicate will allow you do just wade in and take the
plunge well.

There are *GOOD* MVPs there so just ignore the jerks like PCBUTTS1, Kurttrail and others.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

<lol> General is fun <g> but I'm sure you're more than a match for them
<g> the only other ones I watch in XP are basics and networking.
I did see you in OE have you thought about joining Auhma forums you'll
see some of the regulars in there as well <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got
> much that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a
> flippin' war zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.
>
> Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade
> in*, lol. Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the
> guys on the OE one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.
>
> Cheers......Figgs

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

> From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam>
>
> | Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got
> much
> | that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a flippin' war
> | zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.
> |
> | Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade in*,
> lol.
> | Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the guys on the
> OE
> | one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.
> |
> | Cheers......Figgs
> |

> There are many newbies in XP General and "so called know it alls" who
> really don't know
> much. Many in WinmE and Win98 are knowledgable and have used systems for
> years. There are
> many in XP General who get new computers with WinXP installed and screw up
> their computers
> from sheer stupidity and and a complete lack of computing knowledge.
> Therefore thare are many *idiots* in WinXP General.
>
> However, your ability to pen and communicate will allow you do just wade
> in and take the
> plunge well.
>
> There are *GOOD* MVPs there so just ignore the jerks like PCBUTTS1,
> Kurttrail and others.

You reading my mind?? (VBG) It was those two in particular that were
really offensive!! I will lurk some more and see how I go.

Cheers......Figgs

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I am a member of Aumha, but don't go there much. Only if I have a problem,
which means I may never have to go there with this computer, lol.

Heather
> <lol> General is fun <g> but I'm sure you're more than a match for them
> <g> the only other ones I watch in XP are basics and networking.
> I did see you in OE have you thought about joining Auhma forums you'll
> see some of the regulars in there as well <g>
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
>> Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got
>> much that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a
>> flippin' war zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.
>>
>> Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade
>> in*, lol. Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the
>> guys on the OE one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.
>>
>> Cheers......Figgs

> just ignore the jerks like PCBUTTS1, Kurttrail and others.

LOL This must be the best advice you've ever given Dave, and that
includes all the help you've given people over the years with their
security problems.
--
Mike

Heather wrote:

>>From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam>
>>
>>| Good Grief!! I just had a look at two XP ng's. New Users hasn't got
>>much
>>| that I might be looking for, but the General one is like a flippin' war
>>| zone!! Darn near as bad as the antivirus ones.
>>|
>>| Any others that are at least civilized? Or should I perhaps *wade in*,
>>lol.
>>| Perhaps I will have a look at another one. Talked to the guys on the
>>OE
>>| one and still sorting this out. Just minor stuff.
>>|
>>| Cheers......Figgs
>>|

>>There are many newbies in XP General and "so called know it alls" who
>>really don't know
>>much. Many in WinmE and Win98 are knowledgable and have used systems for
>>years. There are
>>many in XP General who get new computers with WinXP installed and screw up
>>their computers
>>from sheer stupidity and and a complete lack of computing knowledge.
>>Therefore thare are many *idiots* in WinXP General.
>>
>>However, your ability to pen and communicate will allow you do just wade
>>in and take the
>>plunge well.
>>
>>There are *GOOD* MVPs there so just ignore the jerks like PCBUTTS1,
>>Kurttrail and others.
>>

> You reading my mind?? (VBG) It was those two in particular that were
> really offensive!! I will lurk some more and see how I go.
>
> Cheers......Figgs

Hi Figgs:

I do my lurking in XP Hardware and Basics. Over time, I have saved a
number of posts with good information that I will refer to when I make
the switch. Some of the posters in those groups can be a little off
putting as well but, in general a lot of good advice is to be had.

sced13ri (Who still thinks ME ain't all that bad)