where to find explanations conc boeing 777-400 primary fli..

I am trying to learn IFR and ILS landings with the boeing 777-400 (I hope I
got this right) with the large multifunctional screen (i believe they call
this ECIAS).
But I cannot find any help or explanations in FS2000-Help concerning how
this instrument functions.
Can somebody direct me to some other help on the web or inside FS2000 ?

thanks most sincerly on forehand for any help

I think you mean the PFD and Nav display. The PFD shows the pitch, roll, alt
speed etc, and the Nav display shows the route (Map) or the ILS info. That's
how the real ones work anyway. The EICAS shows engine info, alarms and other
system related stuff. Not needed for practicing the ILS.

Regards

Geoff

"A Devrager" <devrager(remove anti spam)@skynet.be> wrote in message
> I am trying to learn IFR and ILS landings with the boeing 777-400 (I hope
> got this right) with the large multifunctional screen (i believe they call
> this ECIAS).
> But I cannot find any help or explanations in FS2000-Help concerning how
> this instrument functions.
> Can somebody direct me to some other help on the web or inside FS2000 ?
>
> thanks most sincerly on forehand for any help

dallas

"A Devrager"
> But I cannot find any help or explanations in FS2000-Help concerning how
> this instrument functions.

FS2000 came with a comprehensive manual, is it not in there?

Dallas

Thanks for yr reply.
I do not have a manual.
Rgds

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> schreef in bericht
> "A Devrager"
> > But I cannot find any help or explanations in FS2000-Help concerning how
> > this instrument functions.
>
> FS2000 came with a comprehensive manual, is it not in there?
>

> Dallas

A,

Ok I will start again with this question. Firstly I didn't twig that you're
using FS2000 which I have never owned so I can't comment on the quality of
the manuals, therefore I will make some general points. Firstly the FS9
version uses a 777-300 not that it will affect this response, just an
observation.

I'm assuming that you're not familiar with IFR / ILS procedures in general,
rather than with this aircraft. If not forget everything else I suggest. If
I'm correct it seems to me as though you may be trying to learn the basics
of clutch control on your first driving lesson in a racing car (A bad
analogy but it's all I could think of). Ok the 777 is no F18, however it
will still be doing this procedure at speeds of 150kts+. I don't believe
that will help when learning to fly the localiser and glideslope. Therefore
I would suggest that you practice these procedures in something like a C172
just doing nice short hops. For me I would choose something like Liverpool
to Manchester in the UK which is less than 30 miles, however that's just me.
I know the C172 isn't exciting, however the instruments won't look that much
different when you convert.

As for advice I would suggest you try these links as they're far better than
anything I could write.

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/index.htm

http://www.planesimulation.com/tips1/autopi1.htm

Any more specific question just shout.