Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Most Galaxy Tab Returns for Malfunctions, Not Mistaken iPad

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
August 10, 2012 11:40:56 AM

Come on, there is Samsung written on the front with big letters, how can anyone confuse these two.
August 10, 2012 11:42:09 AM

Apple's legal team needs to be hung, drawn and quartered. Talk about spin!
Related resources
August 10, 2012 12:01:10 PM

The quality of the Samsung 7 slate with its screen separation issue was purely disgusting!
Anonymous
August 10, 2012 12:13:10 PM

So it is essentially saying that someone walked into an auto dealer shop, bought a Toyota and then returns, with reason saying that he thought he was buying a Ford, means that Toyota can no longer manufacture and sell cars.

I don't think legal system is so stupid. I always thought such courtroom drama is allowed to be played out, is only because economy is bad and Apple is the current poster child that makes money in this climate. 15 years ago, Apple would have been investigated for its anti-competitive attitude just like what happened to Microsoft.

Meanwhile, all this lawsuit is not really doing Apple any good as Android market share continue to climb and Apple is slowly losing ground. Due to high profile lawsuits, now people are more aware of Samsung products and think they must be as good as Apple since Apple is so afraid of them.
August 10, 2012 12:18:01 PM

Quote:
Finally, the study showed that 9 percent of returns were exchanges for the iPad 2.
This doesn't mean the customer was confused... it means they didn't like the product and returned for something else. I bought a different brand of juice last night that tastes like crap, next time I go to the store, I'll exchange it for something else. No difference... I'm there are idiots out there who are confused... oh well.

Back when we bought the iPad1, there was the XOOM and Samsung tablets on the market... the iPad2 was out of stock (I wish we could have bought the 2 - oh well) - we didn't go Android because Android tablets were crap back then... even against a 1 year old iPad1.

I'm not sure what I want on the next one. I'm mostly happy with the iPad1 and would like to replace it with the iPad4.... the 4:3 screen is so much better than 16:9. But Apple is pissing me off attacking Samsung over BS.
August 10, 2012 12:28:09 PM

belardoThis doesn't mean the customer was confused... it means they didn't like the product and returned for something else. I bought a different brand of juice last night that tastes like crap, next time I go to the store, I'll exchange it for something else. No difference... I'm there are idiots out there who are confused... oh well.Back when we bought the iPad1, there was the XOOM and Samsung tablets on the market... the iPad2 was out of stock (I wish we could have bought the 2 - oh well) - we didn't go Android because Android tablets were crap back then... even against a 1 year old iPad1.I'm not sure what I want on the next one. I'm mostly happy with the iPad1 and would like to replace it with the iPad4.... the 4:3 screen is so much better than 16:9. But Apple is pissing me off attacking Samsung over BS.

android911So it is essentially saying that someone walked into an auto dealer shop, bought a Toyota and then returns, with reason saying that he thought he was buying a Ford, means that Toyota can no longer manufacture and sell cars.I don't think legal system is so stupid. I always thought such courtroom drama is allowed to be played out, is only because economy is bad and Apple is the current poster child that makes money in this climate. 15 years ago, Apple would have been investigated for its anti-competitive attitude just like what happened to Microsoft. Meanwhile, all this lawsuit is not really doing Apple any good as Android market share continue to climb and Apple is slowly losing ground. Due to high profile lawsuits, now people are more aware of Samsung products and think they must be as good as Apple since Apple is so afraid of them.

^2 summed it up nicely.

damianrobertjonesThe quality of the new iPad with its WiFi connection issue was purely disgusting!

Fixed it. You're welcome.
August 10, 2012 12:42:01 PM

" Finally, the study showed that 9 percent of returns were exchanges for the iPad 2.

While the study doesn't exactly prove a relevant number of customers mistook the device for the iPad, Apple certainly made a point that Best Buy customers with insufficient knowledge of the products mistook the Galaxy Tab for the iPad 2."

They were exchanged FOR a different product, not because of confusing them with that different product. If I were to purchase an iPad and then returned it because I hated the walled garden and got a Galaxy Tab instead, it wasn't because I didn't know I was getting an iPad instead of a Tab...duh.

Apple certainly tried to make that point, but it would only succeed in a moronic court.
Given that this is going on in Apple's backyard, I will be surprised not to succeed....esp. given that the judge is already biased.
August 10, 2012 12:44:10 PM

android911So it is essentially saying that someone walked into an auto dealer shop, bought a Toyota and then returns, with reason saying that he thought he was buying a Ford, means that Toyota can no longer manufacture and sell cars.

It's not even that--it's someone saying that people were returning something because they thought it was something else, when they were actually just returning them because of hardware problems. I don't know how anyone could logically jump from saying that someone returned an item because of a hardware defect actually means they thought they were buying a completely different product, lol!
August 10, 2012 2:21:35 PM

teh_chemIt's not even that--it's someone saying that people were returning something because they thought it was something else, when they were actually just returning them because of hardware problems. I don't know how anyone could logically jump from saying that someone returned an item because of a hardware defect actually means they thought they were buying a completely different product, lol!

Yeah looks like Apple was misleading the court, again.
August 10, 2012 2:54:30 PM

See now this I can understand, malfunctions, hard to use OS, customer not satisfied... But dumb found customer buying galaxy tab it thinking its an MaxiPad is not Samsung's fault. Its Best Buy reps. who dont know $h!t or given false info to customers.

Best Buy loves to kiss @$$ and bending over for Apple. Making false allegations against Samsung in court is a stupid thing to do. Now Apple and Best Buy is going to be in HOT water.

More reason why Best Buy and Apple have so much EPIC FAILS!

Samsung is going to #u(< them in the @$$ big time

This is why I don't ever shop at Best Buy. I'm glad they are losing business. Hope they keep downsizing until they're gone for good. SAME GOES TO APPLE!
August 10, 2012 2:57:21 PM

To me it sounds like Apple is saying there user based is dumb. Like others pointed out its not the person decided they wanted the Ipad over the Galaxy Tab its there two stupid to know the difference.
August 10, 2012 3:03:48 PM

belardoThis doesn't mean the customer was confused... it means they didn't like the product and returned for something else. I bought a different brand of juice last night that tastes like crap, next time I go to the store, I'll exchange it for something else. No difference... I'm there are idiots out there who are confused... oh well.Back when we bought the iPad1, there was the XOOM and Samsung tablets on the market... the iPad2 was out of stock (I wish we could have bought the 2 - oh well) - we didn't go Android because Android tablets were crap back then... even against a 1 year old iPad1.I'm not sure what I want on the next one. I'm mostly happy with the iPad1 and would like to replace it with the iPad4.... the 4:3 screen is so much better than 16:9. But Apple is pissing me off attacking Samsung over BS.

I work with Apple techs and sales rep. and trust me, they are like an evil electronic cult. That's why I dont own an Apple. They hate me for coming in to work with my ASUS VX-7 laptop, ASUS TF700 tablet, and Sony Xperia Play... using it for work... but they cant fire me for that reason.

The Best Tablet out there right now is the ASUS TF700. Check it out and see what you think. Benched against the iPad 3 and killed it.
August 10, 2012 3:07:26 PM

and how many of the customers that mistookit for an ipad, are over 50 or female ?
August 10, 2012 3:36:17 PM

SmaugTDCome on, there is Samsung written on the front with big letters, how can anyone confuse these two.

just look at the photo in this article. Not even a blind person would mistake one for the other, as they have different aspect ratios!
August 10, 2012 4:01:42 PM

the truth shall set us free
August 10, 2012 5:48:39 PM

See a lot of people who don't even know the iPad is made by Apple. I see others who call iPhones, iPads. This is all about Apple's marketing department understanding the power of marketing a recognizable symbol like the Coke bottle. But when you design your product like a laptop sans the base then you are pretty limited on forcing your competitors to differentiate themselves. I feel Apple has a bit of a case with a few of the early Galaxy S designs but now the Samsung phones sell better because they differentiate themselves from the iPhone.
Anonymous
August 11, 2012 1:19:37 AM

Just because someone returns a tab and buy an ipad2 does not mean they confused them.
How many people exchanged their ipad2s for tab?
August 11, 2012 12:21:38 PM

conclusion not followJust because someone returns a tab and buy an ipad2 does not mean they confused them. How many people exchanged their ipad2s for tab?

so if im buying an AMD cpu and i come back and exchange it for an intel cpu does that mean im confusing amd with intel ... bull crap...
August 11, 2012 5:50:30 PM

SmaugTDCome on, there is Samsung written on the front with big letters, how can anyone confuse these two.

The apple users get confused!
August 11, 2012 6:26:29 PM

fayzaanThe apple users get confused!

i know right ? it has a bigger screen then an iphone, then it must be an ipad :p  it even has those watchamacollems .... icons on the screen....
!