Digital Camera Interface

Hi all,
I cannot get my computer, running ME, to recognize my recently
obtained Panasonic DMC-LZ1 digital camera, as this camera is not listed in
"settings\control panel\scanners & cameras\add new device" and the disc
supplied with the camera does not appear to contain suitable information.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trev

"Trevor Clyde Ellem" <tellem@ozconnect.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I cannot get my computer, running ME, to recognize my
recently
> obtained Panasonic DMC-LZ1 digital camera, as this camera is not
listed in
> "settings\control panel\scanners & cameras\add new device" and the
disc
> supplied with the camera does not appear to contain suitable
information.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Trev

It would appear that you need to contact Panasonic.
If you've got a camera with software that really doesn't work (unlikely)
you can always get a cheap memory card reader/writer, I've just got one
for about 15 pounds that reads and writes to various different cards (I
needed it for Memory Sticks and Secure Digital cards), this plugs into a
USB port and needs no additional drivers for Win ME & XP, a disk is
supplied for Win 98 users.
Regards Mike.

Believe digital video camcorders can be found here, not digital cameras.
Yours is probably delegated a drive letter to access the camera's storage.

From: "Trevor Clyde Ellem" <tellem@ozconnect.net>

| Hi all,
| I cannot get my computer, running ME, to recognize my recently
| obtained Panasonic DMC-LZ1 digital camera, as this camera is not listed in
| "settings\control panel\scanners & cameras\add new device" and the disc
| supplied with the camera does not appear to contain suitable information.
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Trev

There is NO real reason to connect it to the PC in the first place.

The best way to access your digital pictures is with a USB or FireWire Memory Card reader.
You would obtain a card reader that reads the memory card type that is used in your camera.

The card reader will appear as another drive letter on your computer such as "E:". When you
want to view your pictures, remove the memory card from the camera and insert it in the slot
of the card reader. Then just go to "E:".

One big advantage of this is you won't waste the batteries of the camera since most if not
all digital cameras require the camera to be "turned on" to be seen by the computer.
Another advantage is that memory card readers Plug 'n play with the WinME OS. No extra
driver is really needed.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm