Unable to send msg w/attachment

I don't often send pictures to my family but I have successfully done so in
the past. Now I get this error message:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Subject 'test',
Account: 'Secondary', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

and I don't know why. If I changed anything in my Internet Accounts it was
inadvertent and I don't know how I might have done it. The attachment is
not large, about 250 KB. I can receive messages with attachments much
larger than that.

A search on Error Number 0x800CCC19 says the pop3uidl file may be corrupted,
delete it. I did, and the failure still occurs.

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers.

Ken Bland

--
"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in
session." -- Mark Twain

"Justin Thyme" wrote:
>I don't often send pictures to my family but I have successfully done so in
> the past. Now I get this error message:

<snip>

Your anti-virus application is what?

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Justin Thyme" wrote:
> >I don't often send pictures to my family but I have successfully done so
in
> > the past. Now I get this error message:
>
> <snip>
>
> Your anti-virus application is what?
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Using Avast! It might be of interest to learn that the recipients of my
message with attachment said they got the pictures just fine. Does that
help?

Ken Bland

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hey Ken....I think you should pop over to the OE news group. I would be
willing to bet tomorrow's dinner that you have a corrupt identity and have
to make a new one. That has happened to me twice.

Give it a try.....long name.........
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress.

Cheers....Heather

"Justin Thyme" wrote:
> Using Avast! It might be of interest to learn that the recipients of my
> message with attachment said they got the pictures just fine. Does that
> help?

Yes, Ken it does - your email sending symptoms are A-V related.
Please see this KB;
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813518>

Silj