CPU/System temp questions

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2005 3:27:30 AM

Howdy: I have an Athlon 1800 XP with a DFI AM75-TC motherboard. With
the motherboard driver CD is a VIA hardware monitor. It has the CPU
overheat temp and system overheat temp set at 50 degrees celsius. The
CPU right now is running at 44 degrees and the system is at 36
degrees. Is this normal? And what should I safely set the max
overheat temp to?

And what the hell is CPU/System Hysteresis temperatures???? And what
should they be set at?? Would appriciate any info, thank you.

--
The Seabat
Anonymous

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:27:30 -0500 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants The Seabat
<seabat@boardermail.com> wrote :

>Howdy: I have an Athlon 1800 XP with a DFI AM75-TC motherboard. With
>the motherboard driver CD is a VIA hardware monitor. It has the CPU
>overheat temp and system overheat temp set at 50 degrees celsius. The
>CPU right now is running at 44 degrees and the system is at 36
>degrees. Is this normal? And what should I safely set the max
>overheat temp to?

55 Deg C but don't worry as you are well within the 90 Deg C max for
the CPU :)

>And what the hell is CPU/System Hysteresis temperatures???? And what
>should they be set at?? Would appriciate any info, thank you.

See other thread on,"Hysteresis ".

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply