color banding w i850

My i850 Canon is banding. It is a bit over1 yr old. I am using generic carts
but have never had any problems. Is there a recommendaion to try and cure
this?
Thanks, Innealtoir
for e-mail, remove pany.htm

"Innealtoir" <innealtoir@aol.company.htm> wrote in message
> My i850 Canon is banding. It is a bit over1 yr old. I am using generic
> carts
> but have never had any problems. Is there a recommendaion to try and cure
> this?

Well several factors can come into play when banding is an issue and your
details (or lack of) make it hard to say.

First, have you performed a 'Nozzle Test Pattern' to verify all nozzles are
firing?
After that have you tried the image on plain paper and if so is the banding
still present?
Have you tried the Head alignment?
Brand and type of paper being used?
Where did image originate and at what resolution was it taken scanned?