"lexplore has caused error in kernel32.dll"

It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
ideas ..... G

Gus,

Try this Trojan Horse scanner:

A-squared Free
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Try also some an online virus scanner (run at least 2 of them):

Panda ActiveScan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan

Bitdefender
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/index.php

McAfee FreeScan

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/

Pc-Cillin (Trend Micro Housecall)
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp

PcPitstop
http://pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp

RAV
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Good luck,

Zee

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.sodabot.html

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
> ideas ..... G

Ok. Gus, try this:

Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight Microsoft
Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok". Restart
when done.
When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
"Windows Update" to update your IE.
See if this helps.
More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".

Harry.

"Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
> ideas ..... G

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.

Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so you
realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
browser*.....care to explain?

Heather

> Ok. Gus, try this:
>
> Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
> Microsoft
> Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok". Restart
> when done.
> When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
> "Windows Update" to update your IE.
> See if this helps.
> More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
>
> Harry.
>

> "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
>> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
>> ideas ..... G

I am fully aware of this discrepancy.
The suggestions are an exerpt from the "Annoyances.org" forum, not my own
and a take it or leave it proposition.
'You care to get yourself a kite and fly it?

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.
>
> Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so
you
> realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
> browser*.....care to explain?
>
> Heather
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Ok. Gus, try this:
> >
> > Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
> > Microsoft
> > Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok".
Restart
> > when done.
> > When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
> > "Windows Update" to update your IE.
> > See if this helps.
> > More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
> >> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
> >> ideas ..... G

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I would suggest you stop offering *advice* until you learn a thing or two
about your own computer, for starters.

You say you were *fully aware* of this discrepancy, yet you posted it
anyway. Give your head a shake!!

HF

> I am fully aware of this discrepancy.
> The suggestions are an exerpt from the "Annoyances.org" forum, not my own
> and a take it or leave it proposition.
> 'You care to get yourself a kite and fly it?
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
>> Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.
>>
>> Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so
> you
>> realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
>> browser*.....care to explain?
>>
>> Heather
>> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Ok. Gus, try this:
>> >
>> > Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
>> > Microsoft
>> > Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok".
> Restart
>> > when done.
>> > When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go
>> > "Windows Update" to update your IE.
>> > See if this helps.
>> > More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
>> >
>> > Harry.
>> >

>> > "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message

There are quite a few words which could describe you, but none of them
rhymes with *Goddess*.

Author: *unknown*.

From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

| There are quite a few words which could describe you, but none of them
| rhymes with *Goddess*.
|
| Author: *unknown*.

Sorry Harry. Figgs is right. It was bad advice.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com>

| It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
| to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
| ideas ..... G

If it is LEXPLORE.EXE is cold be the following ...
W32/Mugly.d@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_130781.htm

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Not you too.........>>>>>>>>>>X<<<<<<<<<<<?

From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

| Not you too.........>>>>>>>>>>X<<<<<<<<<<<?

Harry:

The rule of thumb is never parrot someone else's advice/instructions unless you fully
understand the set of instructions, what its supposed to do and the expected outcome. When
you do fully understand then you should come up with your own set of instructions.

Me three !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Dave:

Is this a peace offer?

Four me?

From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

| I stand corrected, but just the same, Dave.
|
| Harry.

Who said you were wrong ?

Both were transliterations of semetic languages meaning the same thing.

Shalom Alechem - Hebrew
Salaam Aleikhum - Arabic

BTW: I'm sure you sit corrected because I doubt you stand while you using your computer
;-)

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Dave:

There was a slim chance you might have taken issue with my using the arabic
version. I am glad you didn't, eliminating me from "standing" (or "sitting")
corrected.
That should clear the air < sigh >.

Harry.

From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

| Dave:
|
| There was a slim chance you might have taken issue with my using the arabic
| version. I am glad you didn't, eliminating me from "standing" (or "sitting")
| corrected.
| That should clear the air < sigh >.
|
| Harry.

Harry:

Why would I "...have taken issue...using the arabic version" ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Didn't think you would have, Dave.
Forgot to mention that I was not familiar with the Hebrew wording of the
same subject.
Let's hope *Rita* behaves itself better than expected.

Harry.