"lexplore has caused error in kernel32.dll"

It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
ideas ..... G
20 answers Last reply
More about lexplore caused error kernel32

    Gus,

    Try this Trojan Horse scanner:

    A-squared Free
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

    Try also some an online virus scanner (run at least 2 of them):

    Panda ActiveScan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan

    Bitdefender
    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/index.php

    McAfee FreeScan

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/

    Pc-Cillin (Trend Micro Housecall)
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp

    PcPitstop
    http://pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp

    RAV
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Good luck,

    Zee

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.sodabot.html

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
    > to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
    > ideas ..... G

    Ok. Gus, try this:

    Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight Microsoft
    Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok". Restart
    when done.
    When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
    "Windows Update" to update your IE.
    See if this helps.
    More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".

    Harry.

    "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
    > to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
    > ideas ..... G

    Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.

    Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so you
    realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
    browser*.....care to explain?

    Heather

    > Ok. Gus, try this:
    >
    > Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
    > Microsoft
    > Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok". Restart
    > when done.
    > When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
    > "Windows Update" to update your IE.
    > See if this helps.
    > More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
    >> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
    >> ideas ..... G

    I am fully aware of this discrepancy.
    The suggestions are an exerpt from the "Annoyances.org" forum, not my own
    and a take it or leave it proposition.
    'You care to get yourself a kite and fly it?

    Harry.

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
    > Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.
    >
    > Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so
    you
    > realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
    > browser*.....care to explain?
    >
    > Heather
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Ok. Gus, try this:
    > >
    > > Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
    > > Microsoft
    > > Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok".
    Restart
    > > when done.
    > > When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go to
    > > "Windows Update" to update your IE.
    > > See if this helps.
    > > More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
    > >> to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
    > >> ideas ..... G

    I would suggest you stop offering *advice* until you learn a thing or two
    about your own computer, for starters.

    You say you were *fully aware* of this discrepancy, yet you posted it
    anyway. Give your head a shake!!

    HF

    > I am fully aware of this discrepancy.
    > The suggestions are an exerpt from the "Annoyances.org" forum, not my own
    > and a take it or leave it proposition.
    > 'You care to get yourself a kite and fly it?
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
    >> Gus....ignore Harry's post and wait for Noel or Mike to answer shortly.
    >>
    >> Harry.....you have to use IE to access Windows Update, period!! Just so
    > you
    >> realize that. And I don't know what you mean by *your ISP's
    >> browser*.....care to explain?
    >>
    >> Heather
    >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Ok. Gus, try this:
    >> >
    >> > Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Highlight
    >> > Microsoft
    >> > Internet Explorer and click Add/Remove...Select "Repair" and "Ok".
    > Restart
    >> > when done.
    >> > When returning to the internet, use your IPS's browser, not IE and go
    >> > "Windows Update" to update your IE.
    >> > See if this helps.
    >> > More on this subject (lexplore.dll) is to be found at "Annoyances.org".
    >> >
    >> > Harry.
    >> >

    >> > "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    There are quite a few words which could describe you, but none of them
    rhymes with *Goddess*.

    Author: *unknown*.

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | There are quite a few words which could describe you, but none of them
    | rhymes with *Goddess*.
    |
    | Author: *unknown*.

    Sorry Harry. Figgs is right. It was bad advice.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    From: "Gus Zernial" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com>

    | It's lexplore, as in "ell-explore", not iexplore. And I have upgraded
    | to IE6U1 and run AVG and SpyBot S&D. So I'm still looking for
    | ideas ..... G

    If it is LEXPLORE.EXE is cold be the following ...
    W32/Mugly.d@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_130781.htm

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
    remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Not you too.........>>>>>>>>>>X<<<<<<<<<<<?

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | Not you too.........>>>>>>>>>>X<<<<<<<<<<<?

    Harry:

    The rule of thumb is never parrot someone else's advice/instructions unless you fully
    understand the set of instructions, what its supposed to do and the expected outcome. When
    you do fully understand then you should come up with your own set of instructions.

    Me three !

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Dave:

    Is this a peace offer?

    Four me?

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | Dave:
    |
    | Is this a peace offer?
    |
    | Four me?

    Shalom !

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Salaam aleikhum, Dave.

    Harry.

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | Salaam aleikhum, Dave.
    |
    | Harry.

    Shalom Alechem, Harry :-)

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    I stand corrected, but just the same, Dave.

    Harry.

    > From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
    >

    > | Salaam aleikhum, Dave.
    > |
    > | Harry.
    >
    > Shalom Alechem, Harry :-)
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | I stand corrected, but just the same, Dave.
    |
    | Harry.

    Who said you were wrong ?

    Both were transliterations of semetic languages meaning the same thing.

    Shalom Alechem - Hebrew
    Salaam Aleikhum - Arabic

    BTW: I'm sure you sit corrected because I doubt you stand while you using your computer
    ;-)

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Dave:

    There was a slim chance you might have taken issue with my using the arabic
    version. I am glad you didn't, eliminating me from "standing" (or "sitting")
    corrected.
    That should clear the air < sigh >.

    Harry.

    > From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
    >

    > | I stand corrected, but just the same, Dave.
    > |
    > | Harry.
    > |

    > Who said you were wrong ?
    >
    > Both were transliterations of semetic languages meaning the same thing.
    >
    > Shalom Alechem - Hebrew
    > Salaam Aleikhum - Arabic
    >

    > BTW: I'm sure you sit corrected because I doubt you stand while you using
    your computer
    > ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    | Dave:
    |
    | There was a slim chance you might have taken issue with my using the arabic
    | version. I am glad you didn't, eliminating me from "standing" (or "sitting")
    | corrected.
    | That should clear the air < sigh >.
    |
    | Harry.

    Harry:

    Why would I "...have taken issue...using the arabic version" ?

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Didn't think you would have, Dave.
    Forgot to mention that I was not familiar with the Hebrew wording of the
    same subject.
    Let's hope *Rita* behaves itself better than expected.

    Harry.

    > From: "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
    >
    > | Dave:
    > |
    > | There was a slim chance you might have taken issue with my using the
    arabic
    > | version. I am glad you didn't, eliminating me from "standing" (or
    "sitting")
    > | corrected.
    > | That should clear the air < sigh >.
    > |
    > | Harry.
    >

    > Harry:
    >
    > Why would I "...have taken issue...using the arabic version" ?
    >

    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Kernel32 Microsoft DLL Windows