Accessing one PC from another

I have two computers on a home network, each can see that the other exists,
but when I try to access one from the other, after a short while I get a
message saying that the computer is not accessible and that I might not have
permission to use the network resource. How do I fix this problem?

Regards,

Richard

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Richard Budden" <rjbudden@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have two computers on a home network, each can see that the other
exists,
> but when I try to access one from the other, after a short while I get a
> message saying that the computer is not accessible and that I might not
have
> permission to use the network resource. How do I fix this problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

hi im having the exact same problem someone please reply soon i need help
with this by tonight
--
hi

"Richard Budden" wrote:

> I have two computers on a home network, each can see that the other exists,
> but when I try to access one from the other, after a short while I get a
> message saying that the computer is not accessible and that I might not have
> permission to use the network resource. How do I fix this problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

i have a similar problem. my desktop houses the internet connection and
router; 2 laptops and another desktop share that connection. all the compters
can see the the machine with the router and use its shared files as well as
the printer. i know that each has to have the same Workgroup: WORKGROUP is
default, i think [this is set under System Properties/Computer Name. i
thought after that they should all be able to see each other, but they can't.
wonder if it's b/c of firewall settings or the network ID or Domain?