Systen Restore What good is it?

skeeter

Every time I go to system restor there is nothing there to restore.
It's on. It has the maximum amout allowable of disk space but no
restore points. So what good is it?
Walt

System Restore is fine, the problem appears to be with your system. Fix
those problems and you will then be able to use system restore.

Lack of system restore checkpoints:
The first question has to be, can you create a manual checkpoint? If not
what error do you see? If you can't create a manual checkpoint then the
system won't be able to either.

Post back details of what happens when you try to create a manual
checkpoint and depending on whether the answer is yes you can or no you
cannot and instead you get an error and we can then take it from there.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

skeeter@tritel.net <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote:

> Every time I go to system restor there is nothing there to restore.
> It's on. It has the maximum amout allowable of disk space but no
> restore points. So what good is it?
> Walt

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Every time I go to system restor there is nothing there to restore.
It's on. It has the maximum amout allowable of disk space but no
restore points. So what good is it?
Walt

I had the same problem, but have now corrected it and it works great. :D

There is a patch available. Instal the patch and system restore will work, err should work.

I can't remember the name of it now but I'll get it and post back.

Remember you have to either make your own retore point, or rely on the automatic self generated one's that are added daily or after major program updates/installations, eg. if you update DirectX, etc.

Also, there is another way that can help on "some" occasions.

Run regedit and export a good registry file.

If your registry ever becomes corrupted, you can use this, but not as good as system restore. Newly installed programs (after backup date) might have to be reinstalled.

TRENDING THREADS