Sempron or xp ??

Joe

I am currently upgrading my pc,as I can only spend around £50.00 on a
new cpu I'm left with a choice of either a sempron 2800(333fsb &
256L2cache) or an athlon xp2400(266fsb & 512L2cache) I have a
motherboard that will support both of these.I need to know if its
better to go for the higher cache memory or the quicker fsb.

Thanks,

Joe

joereed6@hotmail.com (joe) wrote:

> I am currently upgrading my pc,as I can only spend around £50.00
> on a new cpu I'm left with a choice of either a sempron
> 2800(333fsb & 256L2cache) or an athlon xp2400(266fsb &
> 512L2cache) I have a motherboard that will support both of
> these.I need to know if its better to go for the higher cache
> memory or the quicker fsb.

For what it's worth. The Athlon XP price has gone way up in the
last year (ZipZoomFly). Very unlikely, but if the sempron has not
gone up as much, it might be a better value. I have been following
the price, maybe others have.

Sorry, I meant