Corecenter Show Minus Temp On Cpu

When i run MSI CoreCenter on my K8n-SLi platinum mobo it shows system
temp at 28'C but my Cpu temp is at -37'C . Please can anyone help . I
have reset CMOS with no change , would a bios flash solve this problem
or could it be the Mobo . :?
Thanks Miksooty

steveh

"Miksooty" <miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> When i run MSI CoreCenter on my K8n-SLi platinum mobo it shows system
> temp at 28'C but my Cpu temp is at -37'C . Please can anyone help . I
> have reset CMOS with no change , would a bios flash solve this problem
> or could it be the Mobo . :?
> Thanks Miksooty

So that's what AMD mean by 'Cool 'n Quiet'!!

SteveH

"Miksooty" <miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> When i run MSI CoreCenter on my K8n-SLi platinum mobo it shows system
> temp at 28'C but my Cpu temp is at -37'C . Please can anyone help . I
> have reset CMOS with no change , would a bios flash solve this problem
> or could it be the Mobo . :?
> Thanks Miksooty

I had the same problem with my Chaintech VNF3.CPU read -18C. It was the
BIOS. You need an updated BIOS for the K8N if one is available.

Spajky

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:31:47 +0000,
miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (Miksooty) wrote:

> would a bios flash solve this problem
>or could it be the Mobo . :?

could be also MoBo ...
--
Regards , SPAJKY ®
mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:31:47 +0000 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants
miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (Miksooty) wrote :

>When i run MSI CoreCenter on my K8n-SLi platinum mobo it shows system
>temp at 28'C but my Cpu temp is at -37'C . Please can anyone help . I
>have reset CMOS with no change , would a bios flash solve this problem
>or could it be the Mobo . :?
>Thanks Miksooty

Try another temp program just to make sure it's not the software?
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
and let us know :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

steveh

"Miksooty" <miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> When i run MSI CoreCenter on my K8n-SLi platinum mobo it shows system
> temp at 28'C but my Cpu temp is at -37'C . Please can anyone help . I
> have reset CMOS with no change , would a bios flash solve this problem
> or could it be the Mobo . :?
> Thanks Miksooty

Misreporting temps is often a feature of MSI boards. I have found a BIOS
flash often fixes it.

SteveH

I have flashed the Bios and got the up to date version of CoreCenter
and still nothing , the Bios tells me that the cpu temp is at 220'C
then crashes in H/W monitor then when restarted CoreCenter reports a
CPU temp of -37'C .

Anybody had any dealings with MSI UK tech support ? or am i wasting my
time

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:31:38 +0000 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants
miksooty@avrd.fsnet.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (Miksooty) wrote :

>I have flashed the Bios and got the up to date version of CoreCenter
>and still nothing , the Bios tells me that the cpu temp is at 220'C
>then crashes in H/W monitor then when restarted CoreCenter reports a
>CPU temp of -37'C .
>
>Anybody had any dealings with MSI UK tech support ? or am i wasting my
>time

BUMP

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
email pds@OBVIOUSpartybombe.de
Free original songs to download and,"BURN" :O)

TRENDING THREADS