Roaming profiles not getting saved

We've got a Windows NT4 sp6a Server and a few Windows 2000 sp4
clients.

Several of the users have noticed that occasionally on logoff that
when they log back on they find old shortcuts they had removed from
their desktops have reappeared.

It looks like the client isn't saving their roaming profile back to
the Server.

Is there away to trace this logoff procedure on either the client or
server so I can find out what is going wrong?

Thanks.

Check this below article;

154120.KB.EN-US Debugging User Profiles and System Policies in Windows NT
4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154120

Information displayed in the log includes: Profile Path, Profile Type,
System Policy Path (useful to determine which server the Ntconfig.pol file
was pulled from), whether the profile was successfully loaded and unloaded
at the client, and if the remote profile is newer than the local profile.

--
Darren Hook
dhook@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.