Loosing internet connection

neville

We have an NT4 network with both wins & DHCP runing on the PDC.

Our Internet connection is provided through our landlords Proxy server.

Over the past few days various PC's on different operating systems NT4,W2000 have lost the ability to connect to / see the prox server. This only happens to one or two PC's at a time.

All local network connections eg mapped drives are ok. If i change the PC to have a static IP address the connection to the internet is found. On occasions resetting the PC to use DHCP the connection to the internet is restored on others it is not.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this ?

Thanks for any help

Neville

Can you ping the proxy server by tcp/ip address and
by name?