sparks

I have built a computer using the above motherboard with a Sempron
2500 processor. My problem is that I cannot get the LAN to work. I
connect to the internet via a cable box which automatically assigns
an IP
address. I keep getting DHCP error and the IP address is not the
correct one. I started with windows ME and then upgraded to XP but
still it does not work. Any ideas? :(

In article <dd8cb$4271fe64$455da0d2$655@allthenewsgroups.com>,
Sparks <steve_davies100@yahoo.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
>I have built a computer using the above motherboard with a Sempron
>2500 processor. My problem is that I cannot get the LAN to work. I
>connect to the internet via a cable box which automatically assigns
>an IP
>address. I keep getting DHCP error and the IP address is not the
>correct one. I started with windows ME and then upgraded to XP but
>still it does not work. Any ideas? :(

Do you have the Delux version ? It has 2 ethernet controlers and you
may have plugged into the wrong IF. One is NVIDIA and the other 3COM.
Look in control panel/networks and see if it thinks you have a cable
connected or not.

I assume you know your ethernat cable works.

It sounds like you connect directly to a DSL modem. YOu might have to
enter PPPoE username and password as assigned by your ISP.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Sparks wrote:

> I have built a computer using the above motherboard with a Sempron
> 2500 processor. My problem is that I cannot get the LAN to work. I
> connect to the internet via a cable box which automatically assigns
> an IP
> address. I keep getting DHCP error and the IP address is not the
> correct one. I started with windows ME and then upgraded to XP but
> still it does not work. Any ideas? :(

I had the same problem until I discovered that disconnecting power
to the cable modem for a few moments and then rebooting sorted it
out.