Remote Procedure Failed

"The Remote Procedure Call Failed" This is the error
message I keep getting whenever trying to add a new user
or do changes to the existing users on a backup domain.
The server is using Win NT 4.0 Service Pack 6.

Administrative tools>user managaer for domains> select
backup domain controller(BDC)

Any advice or guidance to solve this problem is "highly"
appreciated!..many thanks in advance!

Open a dos prompt and run net share and verify
the remote IPC share and remote admin shares
are present in the output. If not then you can run
net share admin$ to manually recreate them.

Admin$ and IPC$ Shares Missing at Domain Controller Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246752

"IrFaN" <redwacko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "The Remote Procedure Call Failed" This is the error
> message I keep getting whenever trying to add a new user
> or do changes to the existing users on a backup domain.
> The server is using Win NT 4.0 Service Pack 6.
>
> Administrative tools>user managaer for domains> select
> backup domain controller(BDC)
>
> Any advice or guidance to solve this problem is "highly"
> appreciated!..many thanks in advance!

I went to the url given by you and followed the
instructions carefully but still having the prb. please
advice..thanks!

You ran net share from a dos prompt and
verified the admin shares are in fact being
shared? Sharenames admin$ and IPC$.