Changing time with login script

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

I have a login script that among other things synch the clock to our server.
The problem/question is the users do not have the rights to change time, is
there a way to get the script to actually set the time without giving the
users that right? In case you need to know we are running NT 4 Server for
the users, the time is synching to a Windows 2000 Server(Exchange 2000), and
have mostly NT 4 Workstations, with some Xp sprinkled around.

Thanks
Eric

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

net time \\servername /set /yes

"Eric Graham" <egraham1@collegeclub.com> wrote in message news:<elvUFfVIEHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> I have a login script that among other things synch the clock to our server.
> The problem/question is the users do not have the rights to change time, is
> there a way to get the script to actually set the time without giving the
> users that right? In case you need to know we are running NT 4 Server for
> the users, the time is synching to a Windows 2000 Server(Exchange 2000), and
> have mostly NT 4 Workstations, with some Xp sprinkled around.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

I did that, but it is not changing the time. The users do not have
permissions to set time.