solution for manage passwords

It seems that we are using NT4 PDC for a while and now it´s necessery to have some kind of program for Help desk to manage user passwords in PDC. One possibility is to do that by ourself with VB etc. or other is to buy some component or if there are some good programs for that purpose?

The problem is that we have found a lot of possibilities to do password management with IIS and AD, but we haven´t find the information or solution we are looking for. The program we need should be very simple and works in the computer of Help Desk. With that, it´s possible to find usernames in PDC server and reset their passwords. We would appreciate all the information about APIs, components or programs, you have used to do this kind of user management. Especially if someone have experience about ADSI and if we can use that with NT4 PDC in this case?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about solution manage passwords

    What's wrong with giving them a copy of User Manager?

    Ray

    "ktk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It seems that we are using NT4 PDC for a while and now it´s necessery to
    have some kind of program for Help desk to manage user passwords in PDC.
    One possibility is to do that by ourself with VB etc. or other is to buy
    some component or if there are some good programs for that purpose?

    > The problem is that we have found a lot of possibilities to do password
    management with IIS and AD, but we haven´t find the information or solution
    we are looking for. The program we need should be very simple and works in
    the computer of Help Desk. With that, it´s possible to find usernames in PDC
    server and reset their passwords. We would appreciate all the information
    about APIs, components or programs, you have used to do this kind of user
    management. Especially if someone have experience about ADSI and if we can
    use that with NT4 PDC in this case?

    > Thanks!

Windows