"Master" desktop and quick launch icons for roaming profile

Not sure where to ask this but I'll start here - suggestions as to better
group appreciated.

I have a roaming profile as I tend to log into several computers during my
development/support role. It works well most of the time except of the way
that desktop shortcuts work. The roaming profile mechanism merges files
together including desktop shortcuts so:

1. Log onto computer A with desktop icon Z
2. Log onto computer B with desktop icon Z
3. Log off B
4. Delete icon from computer A and logoff

Whilst I continue to use computer A logon/off, icon Z doesn't reappear.
However, log back onto computer B and the icon re-appears as I assume that
it merges the incoming desktop with the one already in the local profile.
This annoys me especially when all of a sudden a handful of old icons
re-appear :)

Is there any solution to this? I seem to remember that there's a registry
key that can be set that deletes the local profile after logoff? The problem
that I had with this was assume that "Computer B" above is somebody else's
normal PC onto which I occasionally log on. Setting the key would delete
their local profile. It still works but increases log on times.

I can modify the logon script which is my current though. Put together a
list of user names and their master computer. When they log off the master
computer, it creates a copy of the desktop icon folder in their home
directory. When they log on to a computer that's not their master computer,
it deletes the existing desktop folder and copies in the master folder.

Sounds a bit of a fudge though :)

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds like you need to set up a policy for just you ID.