8 BEEPS at startup

Hi

When i start up the PC, i get a series of 8 beeps.

I've removed my graphics card and are using the onboard card. Still
get the beeps. The message "Attention Out of range H:27.8KHz V62.0Hz"
are displayed. I also used two other graphics cards. beep......

I've cleared the CMOS. Same story. :x The bios are AMI.

The CPU fan and the PSU fan both work. I've removed every possible
device to minimize the problem area(HDD,FDD,CDROM). Same story.

Could the onboard graphics card have failed. If the motherboard
failed, i'm sure i would not heard any thing, right :?:

Any ideas on how to solve my problem.
3 answers Last reply
More about beeps startup

    when I have seen this, its been at the loading of the video drivers and the
    refresh rate and screen size was not within the monitors parameters.

    "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    > when I have seen this, its been at the loading of the video drivers and
    the
    > refresh rate and screen size was not within the monitors parameters.
    >

    > "scoobie" <test_soft@mail.co-dot-za.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > When i start up the PC, i get a series of 8 beeps.
    > >
    > > I've removed my graphics card and are using the onboard card. Still
    > > get the beeps. The message "Attention Out of range H:27.8KHz V62.0Hz"
    > > are displayed. I also used two other graphics cards. beep......
    > >

    > > I've cleared the CMOS. Same story. :x The bios are AMI.
    > >
    > > The CPU fan and the PSU fan both work. I've removed every possible
    > > device to minimize the problem area(HDD,FDD,CDROM). Same story.
    > >
    > > Could the onboard graphics card have failed. If the motherboard
    > > failed, i'm sure i would not heard any thing, right :?:
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how to solve my problem.

    What error do you get if you remove the memory? If it's the same, memory
    is faulty or not detected by motherboard.>
  3. HAD THE SAME PROBLEM (8 beeps on startup) refurbishing a used-and-abused MSI motherboard with P4 at 1700 mhz... It's basically a frankenstein freak computer, although it works great now...

    I had just installed XP home, was installing some recording software (CD works fine, I've used it many times on XP) and when I moved my PC *ever* *so* *slightly* across my tiled floor MY SCREEN WENT SKETCHY AND FROZE, and I had to power off my PC...

    WHEN I RESTARTED, IT BEEPED 8X, and gave NO VIDEO... turns out it was just the AGP video card; it must have came loose as I moved my PC (yes, my video card was screwed in, but I couldn't find the proper size screw, so I used a substitute)... I just jiggled the card back into place, and my PC booted fine, all systems go - I just won't be moving this PC when its on :D

    LONG STORY SHORT, 8 BEEPS AND NO VIDEO = PROBLEMS WITH VIDEO CARD... at least on an MSI motherboard. I Hope this helps.

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Systems