it's just a little flirt? baby, please stop.

August 21, 2004 1:39:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them that
are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking myself
"is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are promotiong
heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft products? Nowadays
fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV C500) and fast Pocket PC
devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile music playback (without
skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD cards are nowadays very very
cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center devices - powered by Microsoft
software that are especially designed to play back not only video but also
music (and have built-in hard disk).

I mean here Arne Hess:
http://www.ppcw.net
and Jenneth Ornatia:
http://www.jenneth.info
and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
my friends....

will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???

oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
hurting interests of Microsoft?

More about : flirt baby stop

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:39:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

get a life !!

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message

[...]

You should see a doctor. I'm serious.

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message

> I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
> that are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking
> myself "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are
> promotiong heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft
> products? Nowadays fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV
> C500) and fast Pocket PC devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile
> music playback (without skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD
> cards are nowadays very very cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center
> devices - powered by Microsoft software that are especially designed to
> play back not only video but also music (and have built-in hard disk).
>
> I mean here Arne Hess:
> http://www.ppcw.net
> and Jenneth Ornatia:
> http://www.jenneth.info
> and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
> my friends....
>
> will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>
> oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
> hurting interests of Microsoft?

August 21, 2004 1:39:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

never understood the headphone music craze

I don't know how in the world those things sell

I have a 20-30 meg of mp3's on my phone, but have never listened to them

give me an AM reciever on my phone and I'd be real happy

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message

> I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
that
> are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking
myself
> "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are promotiong
> heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft products?
Nowadays
> fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV C500) and fast Pocket
PC
> devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile music playback (without
> skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD cards are nowadays very
very
> cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center devices - powered by Microsoft
> software that are especially designed to play back not only video but also
> music (and have built-in hard disk).
>
> I mean here Arne Hess:
> http://www.ppcw.net
> and Jenneth Ornatia:
> http://www.jenneth.info
> and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
> my friends....
>
> will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>
> oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
> hurting interests of Microsoft?

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:39:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

I think what makes them MVP's, is their ability to see when it might be
beneficial to recognize a good thing.

I haven't seen a PDA with a 40+ GB harddrive yet.

--
Parley D. Kennelly
Southern California Realtor®
"someone" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> You should see a doctor. I'm serious.
>

> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
> > that are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am
asking
> > myself "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are
> > promotiong heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft
> > products? Nowadays fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV
> > C500) and fast Pocket PC devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile
> > music playback (without skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD
> > cards are nowadays very very cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center
> > devices - powered by Microsoft software that are especially designed to
> > play back not only video but also music (and have built-in hard disk).
> >
> > I mean here Arne Hess:
> > http://www.ppcw.net
> > and Jenneth Ornatia:
> > http://www.jenneth.info
> > and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends
of
> > my friends....
> >
> > will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
> >
> > oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are
directly
> > hurting interests of Microsoft?

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 2:39:04 AM

"KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> get a life !!

yeah, you are right, sorry for my rant.... I just couldn't help to notice
it...
August 21, 2004 3:50:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

Jacket, SD cards don't hold 40 gb or even 15gb of music.

And NO ONE wants to carry around 100 SD cards!

Plus how come the iPod is in competition with Microsoft? I didn't realise
that Microsoft had released a personal MP3 player...

So once someone becomes an MVP they can never buy or use anything that is
from a company that is a rival to Microsoft?

Is that an official microsoft policy? Where is it written down please?
Please provide the link...!!!

Wouldn't that be against some law to make such a policy?

Do you really think that what these MVP's is doing is going to cripple
microsoft's empire? Really?

I bet even Microsoft have bought a few iPods just to see how they
work...wow...they are almost committing suicide by your logic.

Remember Jacket, not everyone is as sad or as tunnel visioned as you. Thats
why you got sacked from Nokia and thats why you can't get a real job now.
Nobody likes you, everybody hates you.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 5:58:18 PM

"si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Plus how come the iPod is in competition with Microsoft? I didn't realise
> that Microsoft had released a personal MP3 player...

Microsoft is selling "Portable Media Center" software and its partners are
selling devices powered by this software. These devices are not only for
video playback but also very much so for MP3 and music playback and they
have HardDisks.
Yes, iPod is a direct competition to various MS products.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:31:33 PM

<< Has FM transmitter for PPC, to use in the car ;-))

Somewhat better than AM, you get stereo and pretty decent reception
around the house. Generally the frequency response for FM is much
greater than AM (we're looking near 14-18 khz vs AM's top end about
10khz) so the sound is 'that much crisper'

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:19:45 GMT, "Devin" <yep@nope.maybe> wrote:

>never understood the headphone music craze
>
>I don't know how in the world those things sell
>
>I have a 20-30 meg of mp3's on my phone, but have never listened to them
>
>give me an AM reciever on my phone and I'd be real happy
>
>"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
>that
>> are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking
>myself
>> "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are promotiong
>> heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft products?
>Nowadays
>> fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV C500) and fast Pocket
>PC
>> devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile music playback (without
>> skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD cards are nowadays very
>very
>> cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center devices - powered by Microsoft
>> software that are especially designed to play back not only video but also
>> music (and have built-in hard disk).
>>
>> I mean here Arne Hess:
>> http://www.ppcw.net
>> and Jenneth Ornatia:
>> http://www.jenneth.info
>> and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
>> my friends....
>>
>> will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>>
>> oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
>> hurting interests of Microsoft?

August 21, 2004 7:38:55 PM

news:o s9mpY3hEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> > Plus how come the iPod is in competition with Microsoft? I didn't
realise
> > that Microsoft had released a personal MP3 player...
> >

> Microsoft is selling "Portable Media Center" software and its partners are
> selling devices powered by this software. These devices are not only for
> video playback but also very much so for MP3 and music playback and they
> have HardDisks.
> Yes, iPod is a direct competition to various MS products.

So in other words it HASN'T released a portable MP3 player. I was correct.

How about you respond to the other points I made instead of just ONE!
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:39:25 PM

While I know for a fact you're a TROLL ....

MVPs are free to recommend to users from their extensive experience,
any suitable technology which meets the needs of requestees or which
is new and interesting.

The MVP 'title' as you call is is an associative award which lets MS
gain feedback from people who for whatever reason have become
significant resources in their chosen areas. It is *not* however a
mandate to promote MS or MS technologies and I wouldn't have accepted
the offer if it had been so.

It's my Opinion that both Arne and Jenneth are discussing enabling
technology which is both MS and non MS device based, so for that
reason I'd applaud their attempts because it brings a sense of balance
to the discussion. I fear that this is what your discourse below is
lacking.

I've got an Axim (X3i) and my mate's got an iPod mini. They fit
different niches, the iPod is not really appropriate for using as a
PDA (although hacks are available to do this with it). The Axim isn't
really going to take my entire music collection, even with a 1gig SD
(if I could afford it !). However it makes a passable MP3 player, a
decent gaming platform for SNES emulation, and takes pictures with my
Veo cam. So, it does what I bought it for which is about all you can
say about the devices.

Personally I prefer phones to -make phone calls- so I've a mono but
very very small Nokia 8310 for that. Which does what it says on the
tin - well, and with no fuss. I don't see the need for every device to
be multi functional in every area, personally I think smartphones and
phones with cameras are cheap shots with a short shelf life. That's my
personal opinion and I'm entitled and will at all costs express that
opinion, MVP or no.

Hope that clarifies this difficult position which you seem to consider
generates a conflict of interest. It doesn't.

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:39:29 +0200, "www.MSmobiles.com"
<nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote:

>I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them that
>are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking myself
>"is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are promotiong
>heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft products? Nowadays
>fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV C500) and fast Pocket PC
>devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile music playback (without
>skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD cards are nowadays very very
>cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center devices - powered by Microsoft
>software that are especially designed to play back not only video but also
>music (and have built-in hard disk).
>
>I mean here Arne Hess:
>http://www.ppcw.net
>and Jenneth Ornatia:
>http://www.jenneth.info
>and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
>my friends....
>
>will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>
>oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
>hurting interests of Microsoft?

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:44:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

This is not a FORUM FOR mp3 PLAYERS
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:44:20 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:44:19 +0200, "Jey aaR" <jeyaar@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>This is not a FORUM FOR mp3 PLAYERS

Best point I've heard so far.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:54:23 PM

"si" <a@a.com> wrote in message

> How about you respond to the other points I made instead of just ONE!

promise that you will behave properly and stop calling names and private
attacks, then I will respond
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:58:46 PM

"si" <a@a.com> wrote in message

> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
> news:o s9mpY3hEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >
> > "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> > > Plus how come the iPod is in competition with Microsoft? I didn't
> realise
> > > that Microsoft had released a personal MP3 player...
> > >

> > Microsoft is selling "Portable Media Center" software and its partners
are
> > selling devices powered by this software. These devices are not only for
> > video playback but also very much so for MP3 and music playback and they
> > have HardDisks.
> > Yes, iPod is a direct competition to various MS products.
> >

> So in other words it HASN'T released a portable MP3 player. I was
correct.

> How about you respond to the other points I made instead of just ONE!

Way to get help.
Your attitude is not likely to encourage people to try and help you.
Remember any information volunteered by newsgroup participants is by their
choice, no one has any obligation to help you or offer advice. Try and be
civil, even if it is not in your nature, and you will be more likely to find
that people are willing to offer their *free* assistance.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 9:43:00 PM

"si" <a@a.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> So in other words it HASN'T released a portable MP3 player. I was
> correct.

Microsoft's products - PMC devices - Portable Media Center - are also
PORTABLE MP3 players!!!!
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 9:43:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

The Portable Media Centers are only on Pre-Sale, you can't goto a retail
store and purchase one as of yet.

--
NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others in helping
you and reproducing issues, not necessarily for me

> "si" <a@a.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> So in other words it HASN'T released a portable MP3 player. I was
>> correct.
>>

> Microsoft's products - PMC devices - Portable Media Center - are also
> PORTABLE MP3 players!!!!

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 11:32:52 PM

"Chris Lanier [MVP]" <cal2002a@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> The Portable Media Centers are only on Pre-Sale, you can't goto a retail
> store and purchase one as of yet.

isn't www.amazon.com a retail store where you can purchase now PMC device
and get it delivered?
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 11:32:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and
we will ship it to you when it arrives.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000294HD...

Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and
we will ship it to you when it arrives.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002J6GL...

Just like a few others have told you, they have not been released.
--

> "Chris Lanier [MVP]" <cal2002a@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> The Portable Media Centers are only on Pre-Sale, you can't goto a retail
>> store and purchase one as of yet.
>
> isn't www.amazon.com a retail store where you can purchase now PMC device
> and get it delivered?

August 22, 2004 1:48:36 AM

news:o %23okC74hEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>
> > How about you respond to the other points I made instead of just ONE!
> >

> promise that you will behave properly and stop calling names and private
> attacks, then I will respond

No, your lack of response to those other points simply shows that you have
no answer for them. I win!
August 22, 2004 1:50:33 AM

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
> > news:o s9mpY3hEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > >
> > > "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> > realise
> > > >

> > > Microsoft is selling "Portable Media Center" software and its partners
> are
> > > selling devices powered by this software. These devices are not only
for
> > > video playback but also very much so for MP3 and music playback and
they
> > > have HardDisks.
> > > Yes, iPod is a direct competition to various MS products.
> > >

> > So in other words it HASN'T released a portable MP3 player. I was
> correct.
> >
> > How about you respond to the other points I made instead of just ONE!
> >

> Way to get help.
> Your attitude is not likely to encourage people to try and help you.
> Remember any information volunteered by newsgroup participants is by their
> choice, no one has any obligation to help you or offer advice. Try and be
> civil, even if it is not in your nature, and you will be more likely to
find
> that people are willing to offer their *free* assistance.

What you on about moron? I wasn't asking for help or advice you complete
idiot! Learn to read you fat schlong!

Free assistance...I pointed out ALL his error sand said well how do you
account for those (knowing he has no answer of course).

You are obviously really, really stupid and cannot read.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 3:00:56 AM

"si" <a@a.com> wrote in message

> No, your lack of response to those other points simply shows that you have
> no answer for them. I win!

could your repeat those points, please?
August 22, 2004 3:18:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

Something wrong with you? Can't you read previous messages or something?
Myabe it was this lack of intelligece that got you sacked from Nokia.

Here are those points again...

[...]

August 25, 2004 12:38:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

You are the weirdest troll on the Internet, MSMobile!

MVPs are not employed by Microsoft, they are volunteers. They do very good
public service in offering free technical support through newsgroups, etc.
You should be thankful for the service they provide.

They are not here to "represent Microsoft's interests". (Do you think you
are? Have you spoken to Bill Gates lately? I think you are an utter paranoid
grandiose idiot!) They do provide a helpful service. They are not required
to present a specific point of view regarding products. They are not
salespeople, and I'm certainly glad about that. There are far too many fake
salespeople in newsgroups in any case, pushing products. If an MVP writes
that they like their IPod, they are free to do so.

There are many companies with competing products to IPod (I like my Iriver
H120), but Microsoft is not one of them. Microsoft does not make any product
similar to Ipod.

Go take your crusade to the toilet. Go yell into the toilet how you hate the
MVPs, because they aren't subservient enough (to your liking) to Bill Gates,
and dare to praise another product they use. Don't bother us with your
idiocy.

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message

> I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
> that are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking
> myself "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are
> promotiong heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft
> products? Nowadays fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV
> C500) and fast Pocket PC devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile
> music playback (without skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD
> cards are nowadays very very cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center
> devices - powered by Microsoft software that are especially designed to
> play back not only video but also music (and have built-in hard disk).
>
> I mean here Arne Hess:
> http://www.ppcw.net
> and Jenneth Ornatia:
> http://www.jenneth.info
> and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
> my friends....
>
> will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>
> oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
> hurting interests of Microsoft?

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 12:36:13 PM

:-)

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:38:59 -0700, " MS"
<ms@nospam.com> wrote:

>You are the weirdest troll on the Internet, MSMobile!
>
>MVPs are not employed by Microsoft, they are volunteers. They do very good
>public service in offering free technical support through newsgroups, etc.
>You should be thankful for the service they provide.
>
>They are not here to "represent Microsoft's interests". (Do you think you
>are? Have you spoken to Bill Gates lately? I think you are an utter paranoid
>grandiose idiot!) They do provide a helpful service. They are not required
>to present a specific point of view regarding products. They are not
>salespeople, and I'm certainly glad about that. There are far too many fake
>salespeople in newsgroups in any case, pushing products. If an MVP writes
>that they like their IPod, they are free to do so.
>
>There are many companies with competing products to IPod (I like my Iriver
>H120), but Microsoft is not one of them. Microsoft does not make any product
>similar to Ipod.
>
>Go take your crusade to the toilet. Go yell into the toilet how you hate the
>MVPs, because they aren't subservient enough (to your liking) to Bill Gates,
>and dare to praise another product they use. Don't bother us with your
>idiocy.
>

>"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I observe lately lemmings on the run with "Microsoft MVP" label on them
>> that are promoting on their websites Apple's iPod heavily. And I am asking
>> myself "is it really necessary?" to give MVP title to people who are
>> promotiong heavily Microsoft's competition and denigrating Microsoft
>> products? Nowadays fast Microsoft Smartphone devices (like Orange SPV
>> C500) and fast Pocket PC devices (like Dell X30) offer very good mobile
>> music playback (without skipping, with good quality, etc) - and big SD
>> cards are nowadays very very cheap. Not to mention Portable Media Center
>> devices - powered by Microsoft software that are especially designed to
>> play back not only video but also music (and have built-in hard disk).
>>
>> I mean here Arne Hess:
>> http://www.ppcw.net
>> and Jenneth Ornatia:
>> http://www.jenneth.info
>> and some other that I wouldn't like to mention because they are friends of
>> my friends....
>>
>> will Microsoft ever stop shooting itself in its own legs???
>>
>> oh, come on, please stop that! don't you see that these MVPs are directly
>> hurting interests of Microsoft?

August 30, 2004 12:15:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

Nope, not the case. The Ipod does not play video. People who buy the
Portable Media Center are doing so for the video capability. The Ipod has
other competitors such as Rio, Iriver, Samsung, Creative etc., etc.,etc.,
but not Microsoft.

So, do you think it is your job (and that of the MVPs) to promote Microsoft
products? Have you been hired to do that? By whom?

I'm glad that your whole crybaby thread about that has been deleted. Please
find another place to cry.

As someone else wrote--get a life!

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
news:o s9mpY3hEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft is selling "Portable Media Center" software and its partners are
> selling devices powered by this software. These devices are not only for
> video playback but also very much so for MP3 and music playback and they
> have HardDisks.
> Yes, iPod is a direct competition to various MS products.

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 6:51:46 PM

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Nope, not the case. The Ipod does not play video. People who buy the
> Portable Media Center are doing so for the video capability. The Ipod has
> other competitors such as Rio, Iriver, Samsung, Creative etc., etc.,etc.,
> but not Microsoft.

Actually iPod pushes both Apple's proprietary music format and iTunes in
competition with Microsoft solutions.

> So, do you think it is your job (and that of the MVPs) to promote
> Microsoft products? Have you been hired to do that? By whom?

MVPs don't promote Microsoft products. They will state what they know about
them, but it's quite common for them to criticize and to suggest alternates.
Do some research.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 4:26:36 PM

Parley wrote:
> I think what makes them MVP's, is their ability to see when it might
> be beneficial to recognize a good thing.
>
> I haven't seen a PDA with a 40+ GB harddrive yet.

Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's 20gb,
and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice in
different playlists.

Ryan
September 15, 2004 8:53:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

> Like you would use 40gb on MP3's.

40 gig is easy. Obviously you don't have that many mp3, but I am sure many
do.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 11:01:57 AM

"DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message
> Parley wrote:
> > I think what makes them MVP's, is their ability to see when it might
> > be beneficial to recognize a good thing.
> >
> > I haven't seen a PDA with a 40+ GB harddrive yet.
> >

> Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
20gb,
> and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice in
> different playlists.
>
> Ryan

That's your music collection, not others. I know many people with over that
amount of mp3's (although it would take some time to listen to all the
tracks - some have 100's of Cd's of mp3's).
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 3:05:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

you will never ever be able to carry your whole collection with you (if you
have real collection) - so I think 1 or 2 GB SD card is enough for MP3
playback... and that's why I think windows mobile devices like ms smarpthone
and pocket pc are in direct competition to apple ipod.

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message
> > Parley wrote:
> > > I think what makes them MVP's, is their ability to see when it might
> > > be beneficial to recognize a good thing.
> > >
> > > I haven't seen a PDA with a 40+ GB harddrive yet.
> > >

> > Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
> 20gb,
> > and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice in
> > different playlists.
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> That's your music collection, not others. I know many people with over
that
> amount of mp3's (although it would take some time to listen to all the
> tracks - some have 100's of Cd's of mp3's).

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 4:34:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in a message that was
CUT and MOVED to bottom to provide a proper flow of conversation.

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > "DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message

> > > Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
> > 20gb,
> > > and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice
in
> > > different playlists.
> > >
> > > Ryan
> > >

> > That's your music collection, not others. I know many people with over
> that
> > amount of mp3's (although it would take some time to listen to all the
> > tracks - some have 100's of Cd's of mp3's).

thread to be more easily followed)
"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
news:o hXfjLwmEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> you will never ever be able to carry your whole collection with you (if
you
> have real collection) - so I think 1 or 2 GB SD card is enough for MP3
> playback... and that's why I think windows mobile devices like ms
smarpthone
> and pocket pc are in direct competition to apple ipod.

A dedicated mp3 player will be better than a general purpose device- battery
life is just one advantage over a ppc.

2 Gb may be 'enough for MP3 playback' for you, and 'you' think ....
BUT other people have other opinions. That's why hard disk players are
commonly available, and have capacities of up to 80 Gb (Archos). There's one
thing that's certain- that size will only get bigger in time, not shrink to
the 2Gb that you quote. 2 Gb is *your* opinion only.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 5:36:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

would that be the same 2 gig SD cards that you reported a year ago were
"readily available", that have still not made it to market ????

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
news:o hXfjLwmEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
you will never ever be able to carry your whole collection with you (if you
have real collection) - so I think 1 or 2 GB SD card is enough for MP3
playback... and that's why I think windows mobile devices like ms smarpthone
and pocket pc are in direct competition to apple ipod.

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message
> > Parley wrote:
> > > I think what makes them MVP's, is their ability to see when it might
> > > be beneficial to recognize a good thing.
> > >
> > > I haven't seen a PDA with a 40+ GB harddrive yet.
> > >

> > Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
> 20gb,
> > and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice in
> > different playlists.
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> That's your music collection, not others. I know many people with over
that
> amount of mp3's (although it would take some time to listen to all the
> tracks - some have 100's of Cd's of mp3's).

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:37:06 AM

> A dedicated mp3 player will be better than a general purpose device-
> battery
> life is just one advantage over a ppc.

latest devcies have much longer battery life
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:37:07 AM

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > A dedicated mp3 player will be better than a general purpose device-
> > battery
> > life is just one advantage over a ppc.
> >

> latest devcies have much longer battery life

latest what devices? mp3 players still outlast any ppc- look at the battery
life of the latest iRiver units- I wish a ppc could last that long.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:37:07 AM

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in news:#P2tvu1mEHA.1800
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> latest devcies have much longer battery life

Which 'latest devices' would that be? I haven't seen any new PPC
yet that breaks the 15~25 hour barrier of a dedicated MP3 player.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

"KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> would that be the same 2 gig SD cards that you reported a year ago were
> "readily available", that have still not made it to market ????

hey, it was excerpt from a paper magazine , including photo of that 2GB
card.
and it was bout coming soon, not being available now

but yes, 2gb are coming soon
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:59:44 AM

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Which 'latest devices' would that be? I haven't seen any new PPC
> yet that breaks the 15~25 hour barrier of a dedicated MP3 player.

you have see little... I have seen such pocket pc-s - namely with thick
battery - that has bigger capacity than regular...
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 1:09:41 AM

> "ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Which 'latest devices' would that be? I haven't seen any new PPC
> > yet that breaks the 15~25 hour barrier of a dedicated MP3 player.
> >

> you have see little... I have seen such pocket pc-s - namely with thick
> battery - that has bigger capacity than regular...

It has no name?
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:40:07 AM

> It has no name?

dell axim x3 or x30 with thick battery and backlight switched off
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:40:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

Long time since I touched this thread, you are saying that using an Axim
with the thick battery and the backlight off is a good MP3 player. And 2GB
of storage is good. That might be great for you, and the others that
encoded there music at 16kbps, but the normal people that's not close to
enough. Add to that the fact that SmartPhones and PocketPC can not offer
the sound quality that you get with an iPod, everything from iRiver,
Creative Labs, etc.

Let's do a little bit of math. A Axim X30 starts at $199 (Basic, nothing
model) What does a battery run for? $80? So, you are looking at around
$300 for that. 2GB SD card for it is going to be how much? 512MB ones sell
for just under $150 now. I can't think 2GB ones will start cheap. So, back
to the math. At least $300+150. That's $450 for a product that can not
hold much, can not produce as good of sound quality, and that does not have
the controls of other devices.

There is no contest in this for normal portable audio device users. By the
time you get to your 2GB cards you are going to be looking at a device that
is near, if not over $1000 total. Not just plain stupid IMO. For half of
that price I can buy a dedicated device, hold up to 40GB (Some are 60GB now,
right?), offer GREAT sound quality and better battery life.

--

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> It has no name?
>>

> dell axim x3 or x30 with thick battery and backlight switched off

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:40:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

I agree if the ONLY thing you want to do is listen to mp3's or transfer
files then the ipod may be better. If you want to make a phone call, check
your email, browse the net, setup a schedule, write a letter, takes notes
(both written and voice), create an invoice, print it up, take a picture,
check this newsgroup or any of the other HUNDRED's of uses then a PPC is
your only choice and the iPOD is a joke. BTW I just picked up an SD-512MB
for $69 retail and can fit a few hundred songs on it. How much music can
you actually listen to in a day?

Mitch

"Chris Lanier [MVP]" <cal2002a@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:o iv6wiDnEHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Long time since I touched this thread, you are saying that using an Axim
> with the thick battery and the backlight off is a good MP3 player. And
> 2GB of storage is good. That might be great for you, and the others that
> encoded there music at 16kbps, but the normal people that's not close to
> enough. Add to that the fact that SmartPhones and PocketPC can not offer
> the sound quality that you get with an iPod, everything from iRiver,
> Creative Labs, etc.
>
> Let's do a little bit of math. A Axim X30 starts at $199 (Basic, nothing
> model) What does a battery run for? $80? So, you are looking at around
> $300 for that. 2GB SD card for it is going to be how much? 512MB ones
> sell for just under $150 now. I can't think 2GB ones will start cheap.
> So, back to the math. At least $300+150. That's $450 for a product that
> can not hold much, can not produce as good of sound quality, and that does
> not have the controls of other devices.
>
> There is no contest in this for normal portable audio device users. By
> the time you get to your 2GB cards you are going to be looking at a device
> that is near, if not over $1000 total. Not just plain stupid IMO. For
> half of that price I can buy a dedicated device, hold up to 40GB (Some are
> 60GB now, right?), offer GREAT sound quality and better battery life.
>
> --
> NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others in helping
> you and reproducing issues, not necessarily for me
> to get back to you.
> ---
> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>
>>> It has no name?
>>>

>> dell axim x3 or x30 with thick battery and backlight switched off

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:40:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

That's cool, but the point still stands that SmartPhones and PocketPC's vs.
iPod are not a valid comparisons. SmartPhones and PocketPC's do *more*, but
that's not what the iPod is about.

Does the iPod have a few organizer like functions? Yes. Do people buy it
for that? No. So the point that was trying to be made by [Quote in case
some ppl forgot] "...people who are promotiong heavily Microsoft's
competition and denigrating Microsoft products?" is not even valid because
its not Microsoft's competition in that field. One fiels is Portable Audio
Players and the other is Portable PC's/Phones. Not one in the same.

--
"Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I agree if the ONLY thing you want to do is listen to mp3's or transfer
>files then the ipod may be better. If you want to make a phone call, check
>your email, browse the net, setup a schedule, write a letter, takes notes
>(both written and voice), create an invoice, print it up, take a picture,
>check this newsgroup or any of the other HUNDRED's of uses then a PPC is
>your only choice and the iPOD is a joke. BTW I just picked up an SD-512MB
>for $69 retail and can fit a few hundred songs on it. How much music can
>you actually listen to in a day?
>
> Mitch
>

> "Chris Lanier [MVP]" <cal2002a@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:o iv6wiDnEHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Long time since I touched this thread, you are saying that using an Axim
>> with the thick battery and the backlight off is a good MP3 player. And
>> 2GB of storage is good. That might be great for you, and the others that
>> encoded there music at 16kbps, but the normal people that's not close to
>> enough. Add to that the fact that SmartPhones and PocketPC can not offer
>> the sound quality that you get with an iPod, everything from iRiver,
>> Creative Labs, etc.
>>
>> Let's do a little bit of math. A Axim X30 starts at $199 (Basic, nothing
>> model) What does a battery run for? $80? So, you are looking at around
>> $300 for that. 2GB SD card for it is going to be how much? 512MB ones
>> sell for just under $150 now. I can't think 2GB ones will start cheap.
>> So, back to the math. At least $300+150. That's $450 for a product that
>> can not hold much, can not produce as good of sound quality, and that
>> does not have the controls of other devices.
>>
>> There is no contest in this for normal portable audio device users. By
>> the time you get to your 2GB cards you are going to be looking at a
>> device that is near, if not over $1000 total. Not just plain stupid IMO.
>> For half of that price I can buy a dedicated device, hold up to 40GB
>> (Some are 60GB now, right?), offer GREAT sound quality and better battery
>> life.
>>
>> --
>> NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others in helping
>> you and reproducing issues, not necessarily for me
>> to get back to you.
>> ---
>> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> dell axim x3 or x30 with thick battery and backlight switched off

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 4:51:21 AM

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in news:up3MX9BnEHA.2616
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> you have see little... I have seen such pocket pc-s - namely with thick
> battery - that has bigger capacity than regular...

Comparing Apples and Pears again.
I've seen hundreds, both PPC and dedicated players. And sorry but frankly
that's a pathetic statement. You still don't reach the playing time and
most certainly won't equal the quality of playback.
Etended batteries add to the bulk and weight, the PPC still has no
specialized audio processing or a decent equalizer built in and then the
output quality is also less than that of a dedicated player. Heck I HAVE
an extended battery inside a CF sleeve. how much do you think it weighs
when that thing is attached? It doubles in weight and size and still
doesn't equal dedicated audio players even if I stick in two 2GB CF cards
and a 2GB SD card (Which you can't even buy yet!) to add storage.
Perhaps weight is a 'cool' factor along with the extended battery and the
ability to then make an attempt at a 15~25 hour playing time on a PPC,
Well then I could have just bought a 20 mile extension cord for my home
stereo set and mounted it on my bike with two 8" speakers. Sure it'd be
cool. I'll have the whole neighborhood looking when I plow past on my 200
pound tank-sized bike with enhanced audio system. Might as well add a
V8 engine to it as well while i'm at it }:p
¡Viva la Tecnología!

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
11073 Total Signatures on Friday, Sep. 10th 2004!
HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:01:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

hard disks in cell phones are coming soon (already available in samsung) and
hard disk are availble for pocket pc in CF ... so it is not comparing apples
and oranges...

> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in news:up3MX9BnEHA.2616
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
> > you have see little... I have seen such pocket pc-s - namely with thick
> > battery - that has bigger capacity than regular...
>

> Comparing Apples and Pears again.
> I've seen hundreds, both PPC and dedicated players. And sorry but frankly
> that's a pathetic statement. You still don't reach the playing time and
> most certainly won't equal the quality of playback.
> Etended batteries add to the bulk and weight, the PPC still has no
> specialized audio processing or a decent equalizer built in and then the
> output quality is also less than that of a dedicated player. Heck I HAVE
> an extended battery inside a CF sleeve. how much do you think it weighs
> when that thing is attached? It doubles in weight and size and still
> doesn't equal dedicated audio players even if I stick in two 2GB CF cards
> and a 2GB SD card (Which you can't even buy yet!) to add storage.
> Perhaps weight is a 'cool' factor along with the extended battery and the
> ability to then make an attempt at a 15~25 hour playing time on a PPC,
> Well then I could have just bought a 20 mile extension cord for my home
> stereo set and mounted it on my bike with two 8" speakers. Sure it'd be
> cool. I'll have the whole neighborhood looking when I plow past on my 200
> pound tank-sized bike with enhanced audio system. Might as well add a
> V8 engine to it as well while i'm at it }:p
> ¡Viva la Tecnología!
>

> ~S.
>

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
> Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
> 11073 Total Signatures on Friday, Sep. 10th 2004!
> HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
> http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:01:41 PM

news:o 6I$yTJnEHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> hard disks in cell phones are coming soon (already available in samsung)
> and hard disk are availble for pocket pc in CF ... so it is not
> comparing apples and oranges...

Sounds like a bad idea to me. especially for phones, they tend to fall
at least once or twice in their lifetime. would need a sturdy harddrive
to survive a 6' drop onto concrete while it's disks are spinning.
Higher power usage than CF on Microdrives makes for a shorter playing
time as well, so here we go, we'll have to add another extended battery..
It's still Apples and Pears to me! a PPC/Smartphone is NOT a dedicated
portable MP3 player }:p

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
11073 Total Signatures on Friday, Sep. 10th 2004!
HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 9:07:02 AM

I can see a quote for future reference; "2Gb should be enough for anybody".

The Jacket has struck again.

"Chris Lanier [MVP]" wrote:

> Long time since I touched this thread, you are saying that using an Axim
> with the thick battery and the backlight off is a good MP3 player. And 2GB
> of storage is good. That might be great for you, and the others that
> encoded there music at 16kbps, but the normal people that's not close to
> enough. Add to that the fact that SmartPhones and PocketPC can not offer
> the sound quality that you get with an iPod, everything from iRiver,
> Creative Labs, etc.
>
> Let's do a little bit of math. A Axim X30 starts at $199 (Basic, nothing
> model) What does a battery run for? $80? So, you are looking at around
> $300 for that. 2GB SD card for it is going to be how much? 512MB ones sell
> for just under $150 now. I can't think 2GB ones will start cheap. So, back
> to the math. At least $300+150. That's $450 for a product that can not
> hold much, can not produce as good of sound quality, and that does not have
> the controls of other devices.
>
> There is no contest in this for normal portable audio device users. By the
> time you get to your 2GB cards you are going to be looking at a device that
> is near, if not over $1000 total. Not just plain stupid IMO. For half of
> that price I can buy a dedicated device, hold up to 40GB (Some are 60GB now,
> right?), offer GREAT sound quality and better battery life.
>
> --
> NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others in helping
> you and reproducing issues, not necessarily for me
> to get back to you.
> ---
> "www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >>
> >> It has no name?
> >>

> > dell axim x3 or x30 with thick battery and backlight switched off

September 26, 2004 3:11:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

"DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message
> Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
20gb,
> and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice in
> different playlists.
>
> Ryan

Obviously some people do buy 40GB MP3 players, no? They make them, there
must be people buying them. There are even 60 GB MP3 players these days. So,
some people might have a larger music collection than you do.
September 26, 2004 3:14:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
news:o hXfjLwmEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> you will never ever be able to carry your whole collection with you (if
you
> have real collection) - so I think 1 or 2 GB SD card is enough for MP3
> playback... and that's why I think windows mobile devices like ms
smarpthone
> and pocket pc are in direct competition to apple ipod.

There currently is no such thing as 2 GB SD card. Besides, just because you
think that is enough storage for you, there are obviously many people who
think otherwise, as there are many people who buy MP3 players with 20, 40,
and 60GB hard drives.

A smartphone is not any kind of direct competition to that, except in your
imagination. Apples and oranges. An Ipod cannot make a telephone call
either.

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > "DarkSheer" <rdettl____@dundee.net> wrote in message

> > > Like you would use 40gb on MP3's. Hell, I have a dell jukebox that's
> > 20gb,
> > > and I'm using about 5gbs, and that's with multiple mp3's copied twice
in
> > > different playlists.
> > >
> > > Ryan
> > >

> > That's your music collection, not others. I know many people with over
> that
> > amount of mp3's (although it would take some time to listen to all the
> > tracks - some have 100's of Cd's of mp3's).

September 26, 2004 3:23:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.smartphone,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player (More info?)

This is really absurd!! An argument over "which is better--a PPC or a HD
music player?"

The answer--neither! They are two totally different devices, with different
purposes. Although a PPC can also play music files, it is not in competition
with a dedicated music player. I have both in fact, a PPC and a couple
different dedicated music players, including the Iriver iHP120, a 20GB
player.

They are not in competition, any more than apples and oranges compete with
each other.

Your statement--"how much music can you listen to in a day" is downright
silly. Of course if someone has a player with 20GB of music on it, they do
not listen to it all in one day. The advantage to it is that you can put a
lot of music on it, to listen to when you like, without having to delete
some music from it in order to put on more.

If that doesn't matter to you, if 512 MB is enough space for music storage
for you, that is perfectly fine. I have no objection to that. But it's weird
for you to extrapolate from that that no person should want to have more
space for music storage. Obviously many people do, as many have been buying
the HD music players. You shouldn't look at your preferences as applying to
every other human on the planet!

!