P4P800 HDD / CD Rom combination question

Hey there

I have an ASUS p4p800 deluxe mobo

Attached to this I have two optical drives as Master and Slave on one IDE
channel

I have one parallel HD set to Master on another IDE channel

and one SATA HD drive on the first sata channel - this is my Primary boot
drive

Now I have a spare parallel HD that I would like to use. I add it as a slave
with the other HD and boot.

The BIOS recognises the drive in the drive tables.

However, when I boot - strange things happen. First time, I got the blue
text screen saying it had to test a drive for consistency which it did and
past. Then it just wont seem to boot.

It gets so far and then resets itself.

Any ideas or suggested setups ?

Thanks

Simon

BigJim

you may need to partition the drive and then format it.
even if you boot with a 98se disk, once it is partition and formatted
you can use xp to repartition it and format in ntfs