Hall of Fame

Hi Folks,

Things were a little slow here yesterday afternoon.

Having listened to the Aussies' flogging the Kiwis again in the cricket
(yawn, what's new...), and having just finished another re-format and
re-install, I was relaxing with a couple of barbed wires and watching the
first footy match of the season on TV (naturally, I'm talking Aussie Rules
here...).

For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
have a Hall of Fame.

Up until now, that is. :))

So here are some initial award winners that occured to me:

Most enquiring mind - Dallas, who else.

Correctest use, sorry, make that most correct use, of the English
language - Quilljar, who else.

Most endearing character - Crash Parker, who else.

Most duct tape used in any given calendar year - Crash Parker, who else
(before you take offense Crash, remember, it's only a game).

Lousiest weather at their home airfield - Handsome in Glasgow, or
DonButts in Kiwi land.

Most accumulated FS files - Downloader boB, no contest.

Most improved player - Oscar Wagner (have you taken some funny pills
lately or something - you seem a lot more relaxed all of a sudden..)

Worst Spitfire pilot - Marcel Kuiper, I've heard he's useless in any a/c
that has less than 2 chairs in the cockpit.

Luckiest bloke around - Dudley Henriques, for all the great folks he's
met through aviation, and all the great planes he's been lucky enough to
fly.

Most questions answered - Billy Leaming, who else. I've finally come up
with a question to stump you Bill. I bet you can't give a definitive answer
to the question of how long is a piece of string.

Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
checking in on our group from time to time.

Most technically awe-inspiring poster - Carl Frisk.

Best kayak paddler - Melissa.

Worst aircraft lander - Melissa.

Best hidden sense of humour - pr.

I could go on, but I'm off for an early walk now...

Regards,
John Ward

p.s. Oh, just one final thought....Did I mention the one about the most duct
tape......:))

:)

I'll never forget the first time I saw that screenshot of Melissa's when she landed in Mt. St. Helens :) The week
before I had crashed into the side of it and I just let my plane roll down the mountain. I of course had to dust myself
off and return to the mountain and attempt a landing :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42178d3c$0$31622$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi Folks,
>
> Things were a little slow here yesterday afternoon.
>
> Having listened to the Aussies' flogging the Kiwis again in the cricket
> (yawn, what's new...), and having just finished another re-format and
> re-install, I was relaxing with a couple of barbed wires and watching the
> first footy match of the season on TV (naturally, I'm talking Aussie Rules
> here...).
>
> For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
> have a Hall of Fame.
>
> Up until now, that is. :))
>
> So here are some initial award winners that occured to me:
>
> Most enquiring mind - Dallas, who else.
>
> Correctest use, sorry, make that most correct use, of the English
> language - Quilljar, who else.
>
> Most endearing character - Crash Parker, who else.
>
> Most duct tape used in any given calendar year - Crash Parker, who else
> (before you take offense Crash, remember, it's only a game).
>
> Lousiest weather at their home airfield - Handsome in Glasgow, or
> DonButts in Kiwi land.
>
> Most accumulated FS files - Downloader boB, no contest.
>
> Most improved player - Oscar Wagner (have you taken some funny pills
> lately or something - you seem a lot more relaxed all of a sudden..)
>
> Worst Spitfire pilot - Marcel Kuiper, I've heard he's useless in any a/c
> that has less than 2 chairs in the cockpit.
>
> Luckiest bloke around - Dudley Henriques, for all the great folks he's
> met through aviation, and all the great planes he's been lucky enough to
> fly.
>
> Most questions answered - Billy Leaming, who else. I've finally come up
> with a question to stump you Bill. I bet you can't give a definitive answer
> to the question of how long is a piece of string.
>
> Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
> checking in on our group from time to time.
>
> Most technically awe-inspiring poster - Carl Frisk.
>
> Best kayak paddler - Melissa.
>
> Worst aircraft lander - Melissa.
>
> Best hidden sense of humour - pr.
>
> I could go on, but I'm off for an early walk now...
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
>
> p.s. Oh, just one final thought....Did I mention the one about the most duct
> tape......:))

dallas

"John Ward"
> For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
> have a Hall of Fame.

If I may quote you, "That's a corker mate!".

Dallas

dallas

"John Ward"
> I could go on, but I'm off for an early walk now...

I'll go on for you:

Most enthusiastic - John Ward

Most successful gender change: Cole Turner

Most successful Troll: Spego Diamanchet

Dallas

"Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
checking in on our group from time to time."

LOL.. Well, for that I am honored indeed sir. You might get an argument or
two from some here, but I am honored that you think I bring anything at all
to this NG. Now Martin, don't go on about spamming the newsgroup and ruining
my 3 microseconds of fame, please. :)

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
Publisher,
AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
-------------------------------------
http://www.avsim.com
email: tom@avsim.com
-------------------------------------
See the rankings of your favorite Sim
Web Sites:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html
"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> Things were a little slow here yesterday afternoon.
>
> Having listened to the Aussies' flogging the Kiwis again in the cricket
> (yawn, what's new...), and having just finished another re-format and
> re-install, I was relaxing with a couple of barbed wires and watching the
> first footy match of the season on TV (naturally, I'm talking Aussie Rules
> here...).
>
> For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
> have a Hall of Fame.
>
> Up until now, that is. :))
>
> So here are some initial award winners that occured to me:
>
> Most enquiring mind - Dallas, who else.
>
> Correctest use, sorry, make that most correct use, of the English
> language - Quilljar, who else.
>
> Most endearing character - Crash Parker, who else.
>
> Most duct tape used in any given calendar year - Crash Parker, who else
> (before you take offense Crash, remember, it's only a game).
>
> Lousiest weather at their home airfield - Handsome in Glasgow, or
> DonButts in Kiwi land.
>
> Most accumulated FS files - Downloader boB, no contest.
>
> Most improved player - Oscar Wagner (have you taken some funny pills
> lately or something - you seem a lot more relaxed all of a sudden..)
>
> Worst Spitfire pilot - Marcel Kuiper, I've heard he's useless in any
> a/c
> that has less than 2 chairs in the cockpit.
>
> Luckiest bloke around - Dudley Henriques, for all the great folks he's
> met through aviation, and all the great planes he's been lucky enough to
> fly.
>
> Most questions answered - Billy Leaming, who else. I've finally come up
> with a question to stump you Bill. I bet you can't give a definitive
> answer
> to the question of how long is a piece of string.
>
> Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
> checking in on our group from time to time.
>
> Most technically awe-inspiring poster - Carl Frisk.
>
> Best kayak paddler - Melissa.
>
> Worst aircraft lander - Melissa.
>
> Best hidden sense of humour - pr.
>
> I could go on, but I'm off for an early walk now...
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
>
> p.s. Oh, just one final thought....Did I mention the one about the most
> duct
> tape......:))

crash

> Most successful Troll: Spego Diamanchet

You idol worshiperl!!

or is that idle shyster??

never mind.. d:->))

Cheers'n Beerz.. [_])
Don

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> "Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
> checking in on our group from time to time."
>
> LOL.. Well, for that I am honored indeed sir. You might get an argument or
> two from some here, but I am honored that you think I bring anything at
all
> to this NG. Now Martin, don't go on about spamming the newsgroup and
ruining
> my 3 microseconds of fame, please. :)
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Tom Allensworth
> Publisher,
> AVSIM Online
> Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!

Where is Martin anyway?

I reckon I should have got an award for being the regular that lurks the
most :))

Arthur

Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings?? Geez, I must be
one-of-a-kind anyway which should give me a millisecond of fame.

Arthur

"Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message

>> "Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
>> checking in on our group from time to time."
>>
>> LOL.. Well, for that I am honored indeed sir. You might get an argument
>> or
>> two from some here, but I am honored that you think I bring anything at
> all
>> to this NG. Now Martin, don't go on about spamming the newsgroup and
> ruining
>> my 3 microseconds of fame, please. :)
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Tom Allensworth
>> Publisher,
>> AVSIM Online
>> Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
>

> Where is Martin anyway?
>
> I reckon I should have got an award for being the regular that lurks the
> most :))

dallas

"Arthur"
> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
> annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings??

OK you've got a point, I nominate Arthur Alspector for "Nicest Guy" in
agmfs.

Second?

Dallas

Arthur

Sure......I'll second it. What is agmfs?? After I find out, I'll know
whether to thank ya.

Arthur

> "Arthur"
>> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
>> annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings??
>
> OK you've got a point, I nominate Arthur Alspector for "Nicest Guy" in
> agmfs.
>
> Second?
>

> Dallas

..

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> Things were a little slow here yesterday afternoon.
>
> Having listened

come on JW I hear Aussie has color TV now.

>to the Aussies' flogging the Kiwis again in the cricket
> (yawn, what's new...),

yeah.. by 6 runs which I spose is a flogging even by our standards.. I
turned the cricket off at Oz 1 for 50 JW. If we haven't got them all out
by then might as well give up

and having just finished another re-format and
> re-install, I was relaxing with a couple of barbed wires and watching the
> first footy match of the season on TV (naturally, I'm talking Aussie Rules
> here...).
Strange game that Aussie rules... haven't worked it out yet.

> For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
> have a Hall of Fame.
>
> Up until now, that is. :))
>
> So here are some initial award winners that occured to me:
>
> Most enquiring mind - Dallas, who else.
>
> Correctest use, sorry, make that most correct use, of the English
> language - Quilljar, who else.

Agreed his properly English is goodest

> Most endearing character - Crash Parker, who else.

agreed... always a laugh or two with Dr Crash

> Most duct tape used in any given calendar year - Crash Parker, who else
> (before you take offense Crash, remember, it's only a game).
>
> Lousiest weather at their home airfield - Handsome in Glasgow, or
> DonButts in Kiwi land.

JW ...you've never been here to check it out. Forget what your mum told
you it's all a rumour :)

I'll quit before this gets too long...

Cheers
Butts

Yeah, and wot abaht the mostest greatest fan of us all John Ward? Aye?
'E's weally wiv it man - innit? I mean...

Quilly
Website
http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/
Do not reply personally, false address

crash

>> "Arthur"
>>> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for
>>> an annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings??
>>
>> OK you've got a point, I nominate Arthur Alspector for "Nicest Guy"
>> in agmfs.
>>
>> Second?

Arthur - it's not good form to second your own nomination, so I'll assume
the honor!
Having one set of Canuck great-grand parents on my dad's side, and a set of
Canuck grand parents on my mother's side, maybe that explains my compulsion
for beaver....... "save a forest - eat a beaver!"....... d:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
> annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings?? Geez, I must be
> one-of-a-kind anyway which should give me a millisecond of fame.
>
> Arthur

Arthur - if no-one gives you what you want, do a Howard Hughes.
Buy the Hall of Fame, sack John Ward and appoint yourself.
Saves a lot of hassles.

Sorry John - just a random thought :) :)
Better run now!

John

agmfs - alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
or
a.g.m.f-s

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message news:JKCdnYjUW9YlAYXfRVn-sg@rogers.com...
> Sure......I'll second it. What is agmfs?? After I find out, I'll know
> whether to thank ya.
>
> Arthur
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Arthur"
>>> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
>>> annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings??
>>
>> OK you've got a point, I nominate Arthur Alspector for "Nicest Guy" in
>> agmfs.
>>
>> Second?
>>

>> Dallas

Arthur

Well, then........Thank ya kindly, Dallas. I am a nice guy, but try to
explain that to my B747 passengers who are still waiting for their plane to
land on a runway instead of beside it, in front of it or 3 miles past it.
Forget it, they'll never believe you anyway after that long walk to the
terminal.

Arthur

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:54:37 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 05:02:22 +1000, John Ward wrote:
>
>> Most questions answered - Billy Leaming, who else. I've finally come up
>> with a question to stump you Bill. I bet you can't give a definitive answer
>> to the question of how long is a piece of string.
>
> Oh, that's too easy! It's exactly twice as long as half its length! ;)

LOL!!!

He'll never learn, will he?

--

Marcel
(...flying through an asteroid field ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:30:34 +0100, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:54:37 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:
>> Oh, that's too easy! It's exactly twice as long as half its length! ;)
>
> LOL!!!
>
> He'll never learn, will he?

Apparently not... But, that's one of his endearing qualities, n'est pas?

Bill

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 05:02:22 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> For some unknown reason, it occurred to me that this n/g doesn't yet
> have a Hall of Fame.

Very true! I wonder why it took an Aussie to realize that. ;-)

> Up until now, that is. :))
>
> So here are some initial award winners that occured to me:

> Worst Spitfire pilot - Marcel Kuiper, I've heard he's useless in any a/c
> that has less than 2 chairs in the cockpit.

Not exactly true, Jaydub. I've successfully landed the Wright Flyer. Twice!
So there! :)

--

Marcel
(There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:56:55 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> p.s. I'm still thinking of my "stumper" - one of these days, Leaming....

Don't bother, John.
The man practically wrote the book on "stumpers".
You'll never floor him....even I gave up trying, and I'm not one to give up
easy! :)

--

Marcel
(If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to

Okay Bill, here's one for you...

If I had a "bulikula", would I be a rich man?

--

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:30:34 +0100, Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:54:37 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:
>>> Oh, that's too easy! It's exactly twice as long as half its length! ;)
>>
>> LOL!!!
>>
>> He'll never learn, will he?
>
> Apparently not... But, that's one of his endearing qualities, n'est pas?
>
> Bill

Yech.. too easy... Okay, it is the Golden Cowry and if I had one, yes, I
would be a rich man.

Have to come up with a better mousetrap. Durn Internet!

--

"Tom Allensworth" <tom@REMOVETHISavsim.com> wrote in message
> Okay Bill, here's one for you...
>
> If I had a "bulikula", would I be a rich man?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Tom Allensworth
> Publisher,
> AVSIM Online
> Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
> -------------------------------------
> http://www.avsim.com
> email: tom@avsim.com
> -------------------------------------
> See the rankings of your favorite Sim
> Web Sites:
> http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html
> "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> LOL!!!
>>>
>>> He'll never learn, will he?
>>
>> Apparently not... But, that's one of his endearing qualities, n'est pas?
>>
>> Bill

Hi Colin,

Strewth, how could I have overlooked that category??

Most regular lurker - Colin, from sunny Scotland (unless you blink).
:))

Regards,
John Ward
"Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message

> > "Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et al,
> > checking in on our group from time to time."
> >
> > LOL.. Well, for that I am honored indeed sir. You might get an argument
or
> > two from some here, but I am honored that you think I bring anything at
> all
> > to this NG. Now Martin, don't go on about spamming the newsgroup and
> ruining
> > my 3 microseconds of fame, please. :)
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Tom Allensworth
> > Publisher,
> > AVSIM Online
> > Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
>

> Where is Martin anyway?
>
> I reckon I should have got an award for being the regular that lurks the
> most :))

Hi annoying Canuck,

No sweat, consider it done, mate, even though it goes against my grain
to mention non-fighter-pilot types. :))

I was just kicking off the list, everyone was free to add to it!

Regards,
John Ward
"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hmmmmm..........isn't there a little niche in that Hall of Fame for an
> annoying Canuck who likes the default Boeings?? Geez, I must be
> one-of-a-kind anyway which should give me a millisecond of fame.
>
> Arthur
>

> "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
> >

> >> "Luckiest newsgroup - us, for having blokes like Tom Allensworth, et
al,
> >> checking in on our group from time to time."
> >>
> >> LOL.. Well, for that I am honored indeed sir. You might get an argument
> >> or
> >> two from some here, but I am honored that you think I bring anything at
> > all
> >> to this NG. Now Martin, don't go on about spamming the newsgroup and
> > ruining
> >> my 3 microseconds of fame, please. :)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best Regards,
> >>
> >> Tom Allensworth
> >> Publisher,
> >> AVSIM Online
> >> Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
> >

> > Where is Martin anyway?
> >
> > I reckon I should have got an award for being the regular that lurks the
> > most :))

Hi John,

Strewth - with friends like that, who needs enemies!

Thanks for nothing, mate! :)

You're now out of my will! :))

Regards,
John Ward,