"Limited or No Connectivity" error

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 30, 2005 4:38:01 PM

I just installed windows XP on my computer, and everything looks good except
I'm having problems getting online. It seems windows is having a conflict or
something with two drivers for the same device. My actual network card is a
"Linksys LNE100tx Fast Ethernet" card -- and windows recognizes this as a
Local Area Connection. But it also comes up with a different driver for a
1394 Connection Net Adapter. From my experience, two drivers for the same
device always creates problems. But every time I uninstall the 1394, it is
automatically reinstalled upon next reboot. The result is that windows
usually gives me a "Limited or No Connectivity" error message for the modem.
The only way I can get online is if I play the old game "Unplug this, replug
that, disable this, disable that, activate this, ect." and eventually I get
online. But I ain't doin that every time! Anyone got any ideas on how to fix
this annoying situation? Thanks!
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 9:17:01 PM

1394 is not your Linksys card. It is your FireWire card, for firewire
networking. Go into network connections and disable it if you won't be using
it.

!