Can any AMD Cpu get to 3ghz or more overclocked ??

But still be stable and not hot. Either useing Water or Aircooling.

If so what CPU and what board ?? And what cooling ? and ram ??

Just like to know, would like to build a new AMD 64bit system. But i
think ill wait for Dual Core. Though the Winchesters look nice, but
maybe the Mobile 64bit cpus would be better. iam so confused :(

Any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about 3ghz overclocked

    "Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

    > But still be stable and not hot. Either useing Water or Aircooling.
    >
    > If so what CPU and what board ?? And what cooling ? and ram ??
    >
    > Just like to know, would like to build a new AMD 64bit system. But i
    > think ill wait for Dual Core. Though the Winchesters look nice, but
    > maybe the Mobile 64bit cpus would be better. iam so confused :(
    >
    > Any help.

    Yes, Venice and San Diego are getting 3Ghz+ on water and phase change. I've
    seen some chips get very close to 3Ghz on air but with a very good cooling
    setup and pushing alot of air in the case.

    3700+ SD seems to be the sweet spot for people right now, peeps with FX-55's
    have been selling there chips uber fast as they are gonna lose there value
    very quickly!!

Homebuilt CPUs AMD Systems