Keyboard acting weird

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
May 5, 2005 4:27:37 PM

Hi,

from past two three days my laptop keyboard starting working strange.
The keys on the right hand side is not printing the actual values
...eg key press on 'u' gives 4, key 'i' gives 5 and so on... There is
no problem for all the keys on the left hand side...

My laptop model is sony vaio PCG-FR314s. is there any way to correct
this problem easily as i don't want to give it the service centre and
pay a huge amount on it.

if the keyboard needs replacement could please tell me the steps on
how to remobe the keyboard from this laptop model

thanks in advance.
:lol:

More about : keyboard acting weird

May 5, 2005 6:40:03 PM

"keyboard" <muraliraj.kunnukattil@wipro-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:c59ca$427a1139$455da0d2$1537@allthenewsgroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> from past two three days my laptop keyboard starting working strange.
> The keys on the right hand side is not printing the actual values
> ..eg key press on 'u' gives 4, key 'i' gives 5 and so on... There is
> no problem for all the keys on the left hand side...
>
> My laptop model is sony vaio PCG-FR314s. is there any way to correct
> this problem easily as i don't want to give it the service centre and
> pay a huge amount on it.
>
> if the keyboard needs replacement could please tell me the steps on
> how to remobe the keyboard from this laptop model
>
> thanks in advance.
> :lol:

This sounds like you're got num shift on. Not sure how to turn it off (long
time since I've used a laptop), but it's fairly easy. Check out the
function or shift key.
May 5, 2005 6:40:24 PM

"keyboard" <muraliraj.kunnukattil@wipro-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:c59ca$427a1139$455da0d2$1537@allthenewsgroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> from past two three days my laptop keyboard starting working strange.
> The keys on the right hand side is not printing the actual values
> ..eg key press on 'u' gives 4, key 'i' gives 5 and so on... There is
> no problem for all the keys on the left hand side...
>
> My laptop model is sony vaio PCG-FR314s. is there any way to correct
> this problem easily as i don't want to give it the service centre and
> pay a huge amount on it.
>
> if the keyboard needs replacement could please tell me the steps on
> how to remobe the keyboard from this laptop model
>
> thanks in advance.
> :lol:

Oh, maybe try turning numlock off as well.
!