Help pleae, re: mounting motherboard..

Hi.. quick question, when mounting a motherboard (INtel D8125EEA) inside a
metal case (Pionex), do I need to do anything special regarding spacers,
etc?

Or do I simply place the board inside and use the metal screws... it seems
there is grounding all around each screw hole, and no need for anything
else...

thank you!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

As long as no trace material from the circuitry is passing under head
of screw or the mouning stud nothing is necessary but the mounting
screw

--
ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
ATI RADEON X800XT PE

That's what I thought.. but wanted to be sure.. thank you!
"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As long as no trace material from the circuitry is passing under head
> of screw or the mouning stud nothing is necessary but the mounting
> screw
>

> --
> ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
> ATI RADEON X800XT PE
> 1GB OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 DDR PC-3700

Uncle Vinnie,
Just to err on the side of caution: Use the little red washers
that come in the case pack as a rule, and you won't find yourself doing
a re-install of the mobo.
Real cheap precaution.

You just directly mount the board to the brass stand-offs on the back of the
case.

--
DaveW

"Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi.. quick question, when mounting a motherboard (INtel D8125EEA) inside a
> metal case (Pionex), do I need to do anything special regarding spacers,
> etc?
>
> Or do I simply place the board inside and use the metal screws... it seems
> there is grounding all around each screw hole, and no need for anything
> else...
>
> thank you!
>
> --
> B'Regards,
>
> Vinnie

JohnS

Depends on the quality of the case. If the case has its
own raised standoffs, just the proper screws is all you
need. But if the case either has no standoffs of its own,
or not enough to properly mount the mobo, then, yes,
you do need the standoffs that were included with the
case. As far as insulating the contacts from ground, that
is not necessary ... but ... 4 out of 5 people, are ham-
handed clod-hoppers, and will raunch down on those
screws, and break traces running near the screw holes
.... uh, make that 99 out of 100 people. At least half of
them will drop the screwdriver on the mobo while doing
it. This is a skill acquired with practice, and the proper
use of a magnetic screwdriver ( slightly magnetic ).
Also, part of this acquired skill is the proper tightening
of the mobo standoffs. Too tight strips out the case
threads. Too loose, and the standoff will back out of
its hole and warp the mobo ... or mess up the ram
slots so they become intermittant and flakey. I use a
socket head screw driver for that ... and a lot of care.

johns

> You just directly mount the board to the brass stand-offs on the back of
the
> case.
>
> --
> DaveW

as I read down this thread I did wonder if the guy meant screw the mb to the
case WITHOUT stand offs....nowhere were they mentioned!

The case does indeed have brass standoffs... the kit did not come with any
red spacers/washers...

"Scotch Mist" <avmaster@BBBBBbtinternet.com> wrote in message

> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> You just directly mount the board to the brass stand-offs on the back of
> the
>> case.
>>
>> --
>> DaveW
>

> as I read down this thread I did wonder if the guy meant screw the mb to
> the
> case WITHOUT stand offs....nowhere were they mentioned!

> The case does indeed have brass standoffs... the kit did not come with any
> red spacers/washers...

Which you don't need. Use as many standoffs as you've got, so that
the board won't flex later when you plug in stuff. Make sure none
of them get hidden and forgotten about behind the board, since
this will cause a short. They all have to line up with holes.

"Al Smith" <invalid@address.com> wrote in message
>> The case does indeed have brass standoffs... the kit did not come with
>> any red spacers/washers...
>
> Which you don't need. Use as many standoffs as you've got, so that the
> board won't flex later when you plug in stuff. Make sure none of them get
> hidden and forgotten about behind the board, since this will cause a
> short. They all have to line up with holes.

Yup, really make sure that you don't forget any behind the board. I did
that once, and it drove me crazy because I kept getting checksum errors. I
pulled the board out to RMA it, and lo and behold, there was a standoff
grounding out some solder points.

MC