D-link USB Wireless adaptor DWL-G122 - often disconnects f..

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I'm using a D-link USB Wireless adaptor DWL-G122 to go
online.

It works with D-LINK Air-Plus G router DI-524. The USB
wireless adaptor works perfectly on my laptop, which has
Windows XP (SP2) and a USB version 1 plug. When I use it on
my Windows XP (SP3) desktop which has USB version 2 plug.
It often disconnects for no reason. This minute I'm still
browsing pages, the next minute it went offline. It happens
about every one or two hours.

Sometimes I can reach a site's frontpage, like
"www.yahoo.com", but it doesn't go to any links on the page.
Give it five or ten minutes and try it again, it works
again. Very strange. I was able to solve this problem once
by turning off Zone Alarm. The solution worked for two
days. Somehow my machine learned new way to block access to
a site's subpages even without ZA running. Anyone knows
why?

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:08:21 GMT, Max <Max@TGIF.com> wrote:

>I'm using a D-link USB Wireless adaptor DWL-G122 to go
>online.
>
>It works with D-LINK Air-Plus G router DI-524. The USB
>wireless adaptor works perfectly on my laptop, which has
>Windows XP (SP2) and a USB version 1 plug. When I use it on
>my Windows XP (SP3) desktop which has USB version 2 plug.
>It often disconnects for no reason. This minute I'm still
>browsing pages, the next minute it went offline. It happens
>about every one or two hours.
>
>Sometimes I can reach a site's frontpage, like
>"www.yahoo.com", but it doesn't go to any links on the page.
>Give it five or ten minutes and try it again, it works
>again. Very strange. I was able to solve this problem once
>by turning off Zone Alarm. The solution worked for two
>days. Somehow my machine learned new way to block access to
>a site's subpages even without ZA running. Anyone knows
>why?

I'm OP. Still need you guys help. Here's something new.
I believe the connection is still there, as I was able to
download news articles from a newsserver while IE can't
reach a webpage. IE would say "Internet Explorer can't open
the search page". Another explorer Firefox would say
"www.yahoo.com cannot be found. Please check the name and
try again."

So I guess the problem might related to D-Link USB Wireless
adaptor as the connection is always there. Experts help
please. Thanks.