frameloss and hanging problem

satan_jap

Distinguished
May 6, 2005

i am facing a huge problem in my pc i dono what to do
:?:
when i run anygame any like ut2004, hl2, counterstrike,counterstrike
source, nfs ug2 etc
when the screen becomes blank and then reappears at somepoints its
totally goes blank but the game is still runin but no display after
some time it hangs
but sometime it hangs with no above occourences any time in the game
and sometimes it shows the error
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Sometimes when i start my pc it detects the ram at 266 MHz instead of
400 Mhz

im using windows xp with sp2
and direct x 9.0c
ive checked all ends from the software part
there is no prob
ive also updated all drivers
ive checked for irq conflicts but there aint any
ive checked my ram no probs

my pc config is
intel p4 2.4 ghz with ht with the northwood core(512 kb l2 cache)
asus p4c motherboard(intel i875)
asus v9480 geforce 4 ti 4800 se
2X256Mb simmtronics ddr 400 ram with 2.5 cas latency
creative sblive de 5.1
seagate 80 pata hdd
a sony cdwritter and a sony dvd rom
and a sony floppy disk

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"satan_jap" <satansinsanity@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message
>i am facing a huge problem in my pc i dono what to do
> :?:
> when i run anygame any like ut2004, hl2,
> counterstrike,counterstrike
> source, nfs ug2 etc
> when the screen becomes blank and then reappears at somepoints
> its
> totally goes blank but the game is still runin but no display
> after
> some time it hangs
> but sometime it hangs with no above occourences any time in the
> game
> and sometimes it shows the error
> IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> Sometimes when i start my pc it detects the ram at 266 MHz
> instead of
> 400 Mhz
>
> im using windows xp with sp2
> and direct x 9.0c
> ive checked all ends from the software part
> there is no prob
> ive also updated all drivers
> ive checked for irq conflicts but there aint any
> ive checked my ram no probs
>
> my pc config is
> intel p4 2.4 ghz with ht with the northwood core(512 kb l2
> cache)
> asus p4c motherboard(intel i875)
> asus v9480 geforce 4 ti 4800 se
> 2X256Mb simmtronics ddr 400 ram with 2.5 cas latency
> creative sblive de 5.1
> seagate 80 pata hdd
> a sony cdwritter and a sony dvd rom
> and a sony floppy disk

If the video card has a fan check that it's working.

Test your memory with memtest86 for a couple of hours, this is the
best memory test to use and any errors found will be causing
system instability. If you get errors with both sticks installed,
try them one at a time and in different slots, you may find one is
bad or one slot has gone bad on the mobo.

--
Ian

At microsofts webpage it mentions this as having to do with ATI video cards.
I know your's isn't ATI,but it could be the overclock.
There's other causes listed there but this one seems to be closest.
Also, I seem to remember this same error pooping up more after SP2 was
released.