Changed Admin Password on domain......problems.

Hi all,

I have this messages in my event log:

Event ID: 529
Source: Security
User: NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM

Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: Administrator
Domain: "DOMAIN"
Logon Type: 5
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Workstation Name: "WORKSTATION/SERVER"

I changed the Domain admin password on the PDC, and it works everywhere, but it seems that the system does not approve....

Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about changed admin password domain problems

    "Logon Type" defined per below;

    2 Interactive
    3 Network
    4 Batch
    5 Service
    6 Proxy
    7 Unlock Workstation
    (0 & 1 are invalid)

    Check the Workstation listed in the event. More often than not, you will
    locate a service that is starting using the Domain Administrator account and
    you will need to change the password for the service.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Darren Hook
    dhook@online.microsoft.com

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Sven Stian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have this messages in my event log:
    >
    > Event ID: 529
    > Source: Security
    > User: NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
    >
    > Logon Failure:
    > Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
    > User Name: Administrator
    > Domain: "DOMAIN"
    > Logon Type: 5
    > Logon Process: Advapi
    > Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    > Workstation Name: "WORKSTATION/SERVER"
    >
    > I changed the Domain admin password on the PDC, and it works everywhere,
    but it seems that the system does not approve....

    > Any ideas would be much appriciated.
    > Thanks

Domain Microsoft Authentication Windows