Please comment on MWAVE barebone combo

Because I don’t feel like going through the hassle of testing installing
and testing the mobo, CPU, and memory, I went to MWAVE.COM and found
this combo:

ANTEC SLK1650B
ABIT AV8
ATHLON 64 3000+
MWAVE 1GB DDR400
MITSUMI 3.5” FLOPPY
Total (w/out shipping): $400.50 (or $390.50 with a coupon)

Newegg.com prices and reviews support that the pricing is very fair and
the mobo, case, and PSU are stable and powerful. But my only concern is
whether or not MWAVE’s own memory is good. Would I be better off
spending less for a 512 MB stick of Kingston RAM, or is the MWAVE memory
a great bargain?

jad

Mwave memory in all my builds. one of the oldest machines is a P3V4X asus
build. over 6 years old.

"Jonathan Appleseed" <apple@mud.net> wrote in message
> Because I don’t feel like going through the hassle of testing installing
> and testing the mobo, CPU, and memory, I went to MWAVE.COM and found
> this combo:
>
> ANTEC SLK1650B
> ABIT AV8
> ATHLON 64 3000+
> MWAVE 1GB DDR400
> MITSUMI 3.5” FLOPPY
> Total (w/out shipping): $400.50 (or $390.50 with a coupon)
>
> Newegg.com prices and reviews support that the pricing is very fair and
> the mobo, case, and PSU are stable and powerful. But my only concern is
> whether or not MWAVE’s own memory is good. Would I be better off
> spending less for a 512 MB stick of Kingston RAM, or is the MWAVE memory
> a great bargain?

"Jonathan Appleseed" <apple@mud.net> wrote in message
> Because I don’t feel like going through the hassle of testing installing
> and testing the mobo, CPU, and memory, I went to MWAVE.COM and found this
> combo:
>
> ANTEC SLK1650B
> ABIT AV8
> ATHLON 64 3000+
> MWAVE 1GB DDR400
> MITSUMI 3.5” FLOPPY
> Total (w/out shipping): $400.50 (or $390.50 with a coupon)
>
> Newegg.com prices and reviews support that the pricing is very fair and
> the mobo, case, and PSU are stable and powerful. But my only concern is
> whether or not MWAVE’s own memory is good. Would I be better off spending
> less for a 512 MB stick of Kingston RAM, or is the MWAVE memory a great
> bargain?
I have used Mwave brand memory in all my PC builds and upgrades - starting
with PC 66 SDRAM thru to DDR400. Have NEVER had a failure to boot. A
couple times, I've had to resort to installing 1 stick at a time - but, I
think this is not unique to Mwave brand.

"fj" <fjelenko2@att.net> wrote in
t:

> "Jonathan Appleseed" <apple@mud.net> wrote in message
>> Because I don’t feel like going through the hassle of
>> testing installing and testing the mobo, CPU, and memory,
>> I went to MWAVE.COM and found this combo:
>>
>> ANTEC SLK1650B
>> ABIT AV8
>> ATHLON 64 3000+
>> MWAVE 1GB DDR400
>> MITSUMI 3.5” FLOPPY
>> Total (w/out shipping): $400.50 (or $390.50 with a coupon)
>>
>> Newegg.com prices and reviews support that the pricing is
>> very fair and the mobo, case, and PSU are stable and
>> powerful. But my only concern is whether or not MWAVE’s
>> own memory is good. Would I be better off spending less
>> for a 512 MB stick of Kingston RAM, or is the MWAVE memory
>> a great bargain?
> I have used Mwave brand memory in all my PC builds and
> upgrades - starting with PC 66 SDRAM thru to DDR400. Have
> NEVER had a failure to boot. A couple times, I've had to
> resort to installing 1 stick at a time - but, I think this
> is not unique to Mwave brand.

I also have not had a problem with Mwave the company, or Mwave
memory, and i also have processed returns through them without a
problem.
--
"audacity, always, audacity"
"useless eaters"