Dell dimension 8100 upgrade

Just looking for a peice of advice. I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with
Pentium 4 (1.4GHz) and 128MB RAM. I was thinking of upgrading the memory
to 1GB but the memory type is Rambus RDRAM. It is costing me approx
$500. I see that there are a lot of Dell machines available with much
faster processors and DDR memory at around that price range. Do you
think it makes sense for me to upgrade the PC or just go for a new machine.

Vividh

Your CPU is one of the many bottlenecks in your system. You'd be much
better off getting a new computer at this point.

--
DaveW

vividh siddha wrote:
> Just looking for a peice of advice. I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with
> Pentium 4 (1.4GHz) and 128MB RAM. I was thinking of upgrading the memory
> to 1GB but the memory type is Rambus RDRAM. It is costing me approx
> $500. I see that there are a lot of Dell machines available with much
> faster processors and DDR memory at around that price range. Do you
> think it makes sense for me to upgrade the PC or just go for a new machine.
>
> Vividh

go new with a centrino

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

vividh siddha wrote:
> Just looking for a peice of advice. I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with
> Pentium 4 (1.4GHz) and 128MB RAM. I was thinking of upgrading the
> memory to 1GB but the memory type is Rambus RDRAM. It is costing me
> approx $500. I see that there are a lot of Dell machines available
> with much faster processors and DDR memory at around that price
> range. Do you think it makes sense for me to upgrade the PC or just go for
> a new
> machine.
> Vividh

get a new machine and god forbid it be a hell, i mean dell