alison

help! very stressed! yesterday i loaded from the official
microsoft xp mag some software to clean up computer. the
result was missing program files that cause the op system
not to load. it is realy important that i try not to loose
info that is stored on the hard drive. i do not have the
knowlege to clearly understand how to reload the program.
i have tried to reboot from the cd which failed (the cd
wont launch).
i have had several attempts to repair from the cd and in
the recovery console the message is 'which windows
installtion would you like to log onto (to cancel press
enter)' I do not know what to do now. can anyone help me
please?

What software and exactly what did you tell it to do?

--
Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
Associate Expert