Need help, please, clearing CMOS

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 12:57:11 PM

In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well, I
did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone please
guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes might turn
out disastrous... thank you!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

More about : clearing cmos

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 5:51:46 PM

Hi Vinjust google for D815EEA, it`ll take you to the Intel site, all the
info is there. best wishes..J

"Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...
> In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
> adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well, I
> did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone please
> guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes might
> turn out disastrous... thank you!
>
> --
> B'Regards,
>
> Vinnie

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 5:51:47 PM

Thank Jon! Yes, I have looked, but found it to be a little over my head, so
before I mess things up, I hoped someone here who has done this before,
might be willing to explain the steps better than what I've found on their
site... I will double check, it is possible I missed something already
there...

Thanks again...
"old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi Vinjust google for D815EEA, it`ll take you to the Intel site, all the
> info is there. best wishes..J
>
> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...
>> In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
>> adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well,
>> I did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone
>> please guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes
>> might turn out disastrous... thank you!
>>
>> --
>> B'Regards,
>>
>> Vinnie

a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 7:32:06 PM

Hi Vin, don`t know the actual machine but a standard way of clearing CMOS is
to open computer, and remove the small, round silver battery for a while,
this will reset the bios to standard, but you will then have to go into the
bios on restart to tweak any settings that need it. It`s not difficult. ..J

"Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...
> In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
> adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well, I
> did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone please
> guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes might
> turn out disastrous... thank you!
>
> --
> B'Regards,
>
> Vinnie

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 7:32:07 PM

Thanks Jon... If I do that, do you know if the previous BIOS (P10) will
still be there?
> Hi Vin, don`t know the actual machine but a standard way of clearing CMOS
> is to open computer, and remove the small, round silver battery for a
> while, this will reset the bios to standard, but you will then have to go
> into the bios on restart to tweak any settings that need it. It`s not
> difficult. ..J
>
> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...
>> In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
>> adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well,
>> I did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone
>> please guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes
>> might turn out disastrous... thank you!
>>
>> --
>> B'Regards,
>>
>> Vinnie

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 8:01:20 PM

Yes it will, but why you had to downgrade the bios puzzles me..J

> Thanks Jon... If I do that, do you know if the previous BIOS (P10) will
> still be there?
> "old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Vin, don`t know the actual machine but a standard way of clearing CMOS
>> is to open computer, and remove the small, round silver battery for a
>> while, this will reset the bios to standard, but you will then have to go
>> into the bios on restart to tweak any settings that need it. It`s not
>> difficult. ..J
>>
>> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...
>>> In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
>>> adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well,
>>> I did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone
>>> please guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes
>>> might turn out disastrous... thank you!
>>>
>>> --
>>> B'Regards,
>>>
>>> Vinnie

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2005 8:01:21 PM

The last version, P11, would not recognize anything over 933mhz, P10 would.
This adapter is similar to Powerleaps which would enable one to use a 1.2
Tualatin in a 370 socket.
> Yes it will, but why you had to downgrade the bios puzzles me..J
>
> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks Jon... If I do that, do you know if the previous BIOS (P10) will
>> still be there?
>> "old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Vin, don`t know the actual machine but a standard way of clearing
>>> CMOS is to open computer, and remove the small, round silver battery for
>>> a while, this will reset the bios to standard, but you will then have to
>>> go into the bios on restart to tweak any settings that need it. It`s not
>>> difficult. ..J
>>>
>>> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> news:p c2ge.173$NZ1.98@fe09.lga...

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 11, 2005 3:07:03 AM

On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:57:11 -0400 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Uncle Vinnie"
<vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote :

>In upgrading an Intel D815EEA to a 1.2 Tualatin, using Upgradeware's
>adaptor, it was suggested that I clear the CMOS and use BIOS P10. Well, I
>did install P10 (from P11, so that was 'downgraded'), can someone please
>guide me in doing this. I could use some help since any mistakes might turn
>out disastrous... thank you!

If you have the user manual for the mother board it will show where
the,"Clear CMOS"jumper is.Isolate the PC from it's power
supply(Required to fully discharge BIOS on ATX powered systems) by
using the power supply isolator switch if there or removing the power
cord.
Use the Clear CMOS jumper.Re-apply power.
It may be worth your while taking the time to write down your present
BIOS settings.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

Thanks Jon / Shep...

Worked fine..! CPU Recognized.....all else left 'automatic'!

> The last version, P11, would not recognize anything over 933mhz, P10
> would. This adapter is similar to Powerleaps which would enable one to use
> a 1.2 Tualatin in a 370 socket.
> "old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Yes it will, but why you had to downgrade the bios puzzles me..J
>>
>> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Jon... If I do that, do you know if the previous BIOS (P10) will
>>> still be there?
>>> "old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 11, 2005 11:21:22 PM

Very pleased, glad we could help. best wishes..J

> Thanks Jon / Shep...
>
> Worked fine..! CPU Recognized.....all else left 'automatic'!
>

> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> The last version, P11, would not recognize anything over 933mhz, P10
>> would. This adapter is similar to Powerleaps which would enable one to
>> use a 1.2 Tualatin in a 370 socket.
>> "old jon" <jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes it will, but why you had to downgrade the bios puzzles me..J
>>>
>>> "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2005 1:09:34 AM

On Wed, 11 May 2005 19:21:22 GMT If I have seen farther it is because
I have stood on the shoulder of giants "old jon"
<jonbrookes@nospamntlworld.com> wrote :

>Very pleased, glad we could help. best wishes..J

Ditto :)